Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Dawn's opening was great.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I find it hard to pick just one here.

While a bit "jump tactic" and cliche I loved Day's Dream sequence with the hands through the wall. Still makes me jump a bit from time to time... and I know it is coming.

Dawn of course captured the panic and confusion of the situation very well, there is some HORRIBLE acting during this scene though which takes away from it a great deal. The skinny hippie throwing his hands in the air, the idiot making rabbit ears. Some of it makes little sense, and some of it is just so poorly done that I shake my head every time... the security guard who walks off the post with his 70-80's hair cant properly "exit stage left even".

Night was classic, and it translates okay to modern cinema. The shots are held dangerously too long, but it follows the classic film school formulas nicely and of course helped establish the genre.

Land I think was well filmed, and cinimatically the best of the lot of them. In my personal opinion.High budget, modern, well acted, great musical score, and great camera work.

But honestly, I love them all.

I voted dawn of the dead. I just love when the little girl jumps up and makes those noises.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dying

Undisclosed
    I got to go with Night. A caring religious minded girl and her ****head atheistic brother are immediately thrown into a nilhilistic world where you can't be sure who's freind or foe.

capncnut
    Dawn Of The Dead is my favourite film of the series by miles but the opening sequence to Day was way more epic. So that's what I chose.

Canada
    Dawn...Just the opening music as the words Dawn of the Dead appear
    on the screen and then the caos that follows. You could almost feel the
    panic and desperation and know it's going to be one hell of a ride

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Day! I love the baron streets of Florida.

United States
    Dawn is my favorite, but as far as openings, I'm going with Land. I liked seeing how people were coping, surviving, and rebuilding in the future.

Undisclosed
    I would say Night, waiting for the moment you know, a simple trip to turn wrong.Still gives me the chills.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

United States
    I voted Night but I have loved every one of GAR's openings in his movies...simply eye catching..makes you wanna sit back clutch your seat and wait for the action to begin.

United States
    ^^^^^

Agreed! Even Land despite, the hate has a great opening! Just seeing the zombies wandering around minding their own business was interesting enough!

Ireland
    Day...

There's no real competition.

Land next.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Day...

There's no real competition.

Land next.
    Agreed!

The opening of Land was great! Shame it nose dived a bit from there!

That said, the studio scene from Dawn was fairly epic too! It perfectly set the scene that society was collapsing but people were in denial!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    "Night '68" for me. The combination of the countryside where everything is quiet and peaceful and the melodramatic music mixed together -- knowing something bad is about to happen. The grainy feel of it really helps as well.

Something about being on a country road all by myself with seemingly no one around for miles creeps me out, personally.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Very tough choice, as I like them all. But I had to go with the Day opening...very cool. I especially like the pan down the bank with the gator on the steps.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Day of the Dead by far had the best opening... In fact I am going to pop it in and watch it right now.
    "The Dead Walk!" Loved the moments preceding and following the title sequence. The Jawless Zombie, the newspaper, the crock, all the zombies rousing and shuffling slowly towards the chopper... great stuff

Land's opening was good too.... Love the first few minutes of Land.. then switch back to Day :P
    Last edited by Gryphon; 12-Nov-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: :D