Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hoyl crap (minor pun intended)

Kazakhstan
    24 is cracking stuff, but to say it doesnt have a fair few right wingers on the production team is iffy. think on it...

the advocating of torture was a good point
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    We do not matter. If you say you are an atheist/agnostic alot of people get offended and look at you like you are sad and pitiful. They may say they don't but they are flat out lying.

Obama doesnt pander nearly as much as other politicians. He makes good speeches, a true rarity, that dont sound like a compilation of focus group catchphrases. He has said the obligatory "Im a man of faith" s**t.

There is only ONE admitted atheist in US govt out of hundreds. You KNOW there is waaay more, because that defies the reality of what alot of people actually believe. They just use that to get votes. I find it insulting and annoying and antithetical to the spirit of the constitution.

Hilary is the classic panderer. For all the "Uber liberal" crap slung at her she is actually pretty conservative. She also did the "fake religious" bit and the anti flag burning banning (Cause that happens all the time. Been to a ton of protests and saw it once 15 years ago and noone there paid attention or was impressed) and the violent TV/Video game crap. I'm all for a woman pres, just NOT HER. I follow politics closely. She is one of my state senators and I have no idea what she has actually done.

John Edward is probably the best choice, but he's just a slow talking white guy. Nothing to see, move on folks cause he just talks strait and has the record to show he puts his money where his mouth is.

Back to Obama, I want something very different and he is def different. I agree with most of what he says. The social benefit to have a black pres would be great. Then you could actually say to your kid "You too could be pres" and not have it be a total big fat lie.

Such as what, other democrats?

We are ruled by people who are elected due to words, not deeds. If we were we would have never been subjected to GWs tyranny. The Christian block is more interested in a lot of fake pandering pronouncements rather than looking for Christian like in-spirit deeds.
    They are not the only ones, just an obvious example.

funny how almost every response is pretty much from the UK.

Such as?

Not true. Make no mistake that being a black man is elemental. Unlike Black republicans Obama is way more representative of the average democrat which includes the average Black person. Of course people all have their own ideas, but finding a black guy who sounds like Clarence Thomas is almost impossible.

Fact is Obama is saying what alot of people want. No more march toward tyrannical authoritarianism. Its his strait up talk getting him there.
    Part of it, but mostly Rev. Al Sharpton and those types.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Part of it, but mostly Rev. Al Sharpton and those types.
    If you want to meet a black leader now, it's down to Sharpton, Jesse and Farrakhan. All the others are dead. Murdered by rascists and the FBI. So I dont think thats fair to critisize that. And he's a democrat. Who else is he going to hang out with? David Duke?
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    I have no real beef with him just those 3 that you mentioned. and Quanell X. If he hangs out with Duke, then he'll probably hang from a tree. People will judge you by who you assoicate with. Them 4 that I mentioned give decent black folks a bad name.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I have no real beef with him just those 3 that you mentioned. and Quanell X. If he hangs out with Duke, then he'll probably hang from a tree. People will judge you by who you assoicate with. Them 4 that I mentioned give decent black folks a bad name.
    Never heard of Quanell X. Sharpton gets a bad rap. Much of it deserved, but he's not the jackass he's made out to be. In NY you see him on TV and radio all the time and he often makes sense. He is consistent as a champion for Black people when few others are. He also doesnt get rich off it either. He doesnt have too much personal income.
    I think Obama is his own man. I have heard him described as a politician who is black rather than a black politican. Like its not the only thing he thinks about or represents.

If he wins the primary it would be my pleasure to vote for him.
    Hilary. Ah crap. Another lesser of 2 evils. She represents everything I hate about American politics. I have no idea what her positions are on pretty much anything.

I just looked Quanell X. Appaently he's more of a local figure than a national one.

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude she aint a candidate is she?, geezus ,imagine if hilary clinton became the president of the united sates

that means no horror movies or violent videogames ever! , worst case scenario ever?, allthough maybe that would mean england and europe would get stuff at the same time rather than about 6 months after the us and japan.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    dude she aint a candidate is she?, geezus ,imagine if hilary clinton became the president of the united sates

that means no horror movies or violent videogames ever! , worst case scenario ever?, allthough maybe that would mean england and europe would get stuff at the same time rather than about 6 months after the us and japan.
    Yup. and if it doesnt change, most likely canidate.
    ugh
    Her poll ratings are high, but Obama is getting bumps becasue the mosre people hear him, they like him more. He's pretty much the only guy thats not fulla s**t

She wont censor anything, just pandering to get conservative support that she will never get no matter what she says, and at the same time totally alienating the poeple who would actually vote for her.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Canada
    I like this obama chap..altho, my knowledge of American politics is severly limited (me being Canadian and all) i like him more so then that hag Clinton.

But to be fair, I couldn't give two ****s who is elected President of America. If he's black he's black, atheist, atheist, women women, I don't care...I'm more partial to Canadian politics (again, me being Canadian) and the fact that the Liberals are pushing for anouther election..thats what...3 elections in how many years? Come on Liberals, you had almost 2 decades to get it right, and you didn't so screw off, let the conservative party give it a shot with all the power you guys had.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I just looked Quanell X. Appaently he's more of a local figure than a national one.
    He's a local pain in the ass. I live near Houston. Everything is a race card with this guy.

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't understand how 24 is considered to have a bunch of right wingers behind it, it never strikes me as such, more like left wingers and people occupying the centre ground, or at the furthest stretch, centre-right...

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the political leanings of the 24 cast and crew? ... ... ...

Kazakhstan
    dude its a program about how awesome a US intelligence agent is, that advocates the use of torture

"Joel Surnow is an American writer and producer best known for being the creator of the Emmy winning television series 24. He also produces the Fox News Channel The Half Hour News Hour."

ever watch fox? right wing central

i was watching the other day, they were talking about whether the iraq war was right or not, so they got on a pro war mother of a guy whos done 2 or 3 tours of duty and re-re signed up, and.... uh... one of bush snrs advisors, who was pro war...um...okey, it was quite a debate i can tell you

but yeah, the creator of the show seems to lean that way, ill have to check out the other writers, tbh i dont think the production designer or the lighting mans political leanings affect much, so i think it can be judged from the writing team
    Last edited by _liam_; 19-Mar-2007 at 11:03 AM.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    Still though, it can be intensely critical of the American government at the same time, especially the president - David Palmer, the first black President is assassinated by the home team, Charles Logan is a weakling in season 4, and is then a manipulative scumbag in season 5 who, amongst a slew of naughty behaviour, tips the Chinese off to Jack's whereabouts so he can be kidnapped and sent off to months of constant torture...they even have an episode where it looks very real that president Logan is gonna pop a cap in his point-chinned head ... that's a pretty dim view of the Republican government if you ask me (they even through in Logan praying at one point).

Mind you, the President prior to Logan in season 4 (before he gets blown up on Air Force One) seems like a decent enough chap and a Republican (doi, cos Logan is one too, and that's the party in power during that season).

It seems like a pretty balanced show to me, yes the intelligence agencies are rocking cock left right and centre, but season six kicks off with them having failed to prevent a whole slew of terrorist attacks and they're in dire straights. There's the odd uber-Liberal pansy thrown in amongst the staff, there was even a complete wanker (Secretary of defense Heller's son) who was a snivelling pot-smoking, tree-hugging pansy. So that's a dim view of the uber-Liberals, but then even the hard-edged (most likely Republican) characters such as *forgets name* (the dude assassinated by Jack Bauer on the demands of the terrorists in season 3), he was a complete and utter dildo hard-ass who was most likely a Republican character.

So I think the show is balanced and has a dim view of everyone and likewise a good view of everyone, hell, in this latest season they've got a terrorist leader who's chosen to put down his arms and work with the president to inspire his terrorist peers to come forth to the table of discussion, but it's buggered up by (clearly right-leaning) conspirators within the government.

Yep, I'm a 24 nerd. ... ... any chicks watching?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The dude was smart not to mention religion. Sometimes, if you try too hard to push your religion on people......the people strike back....

Vulgar, but pretty damn funny.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the political leanings of the 24 cast and crew? ... ... ...
    luckily in fact i do, and ,an overhead projector to display my findings

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    The dude was smart not to mention religion. Sometimes, if you try too hard to push your religion on people......the people strike back....

Vulgar, but pretty damn funny.
    Looks staged to me. They look like Mormons. Jehovas are usually Black and Latino.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers