Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA IV DLC: Two Weeks!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ethernet cable? I don't think we've got that ... or is that what plugs into our broadband modem?

I've got no idea about such things, I looked at the port on the back of my Xbox, and it didn't look like the right thing for us - our modem plugs into our computer via USB, not ethernet - ergo, not the right connection methinks?
    Yeah, as Mike said, it looks a lot like a phone cable and plugs from the modem into the PC. If you have an old PC without an ethernet port, modems can also be plugged in via USB (my modem came with both USB and ethernet cables), but ethernet is a lot faster for internet use and has become the standard and I don't think the Xbox can connect to a modem via USB.

There's about a 95% chance you've already got an ethernet cable plugged into your PC, just whip it out and plug it into your Xbox. Although you'll need a hard drive to use most of what XBL has to offer.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    All this time I've been thinking you had dial-up! Broadband is the only way to connect to XBOX Live. Ethernet cables look similar to phone cables, but bigger, and yes they are what plug into your broadband modem. I don't think your modem is connected via USB? I dunno if computers can get internet via USB.
    Dial up?! In this day and age?!

There's a cable that's like an ethernet looking thing, but smaller, going into the broadband modem, and then from the modem there is a USB cable that goes into the computer.

We had our computers hooked up via a router to the internet with ethernet cables at uni, I still have mine and it's certainly bigger than the dainty looking thing round the back of this PC.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    We had our computers hooked up via a router to the internet with ethernet cables at uni, I still have mine and it's certainly bigger than the dainty looking thing round the back of this PC.
    Have a look and see if it fits into the socket on the Xbox and into the back of your broadband modem.

Undisclosed
    anyone know how much the download is gonna cost

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post

No word yet but for a game this deep i don't mind shelling the out extra cash for new content. What bothers me is when you have a 5-10 hour campaign and then they have they nerve to charge you for DLC that should have come in the package in the first place, especially considering the base price that they charge for these games.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    I'm guessing 800 points.

United States
    1600 points, according to rockstar today. i'm still game.

here's the most recent flurry of trailers for those intersted:

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    1600 points, according to rockstar today.
    1600 points!!! F**king dirty little rip off bastards. That's something like £15 here...

United States
    thats $20 for me :/

It looks like I'll just be sticking to the Fallout 3 DLC. Only $10 baby

Undisclosed
    I was paying off a pre-order yesterday and they had it displayed at GS for $20. I am assume that it could be purchased from a game retailer if you do not have XBL.

United States
    guess it depends on personal preference, but if i had to chose one over the other, i think i'd take the dlc for gta over the fallout3 stuff. it may be more expensive, but there's a lot more packed in.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/947/947252p1.html

or, to make a long read short:

"Depending on skill level and amount of time you spend messing around, Rockstar expects The Lost and Damned to take anywhere from 12-20 hours to complete. And that's just the single-player story. For $20 (1,600 MSP), L&D offers a full-fledged campaign, new locations, new mini-games (arm wrestling!), refined gameplay mechanics, new vehicles, new weapons, a hefty new soundtrack, new DJs, new TV shows, new Internet sites, and new multiplayer."

well worth the $$ if you're a fan of gta games.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 14-Feb-2009 at 06:34 PM.