Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tasered mom: ‘I posed no threat’

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    File her a ticket. Not fucking tazer her! I realize that you are conservative, and surely, you of all people, should realize that this is just another case of the "government" (or, in this case, government law enforcement) overstepping it's boundries?

That cop is a dick and an asshole, all at once.
    Yup. No matter how it's sliced, many people wearing the badge are emotionally and psychologically unfit for the job.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Note to self:

Actually keeping my speed at 45 in a 45 zone will result in not getting tasered.

Shouldn't be too hard.
    you shouldn't be shot for speeding.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Why not? People that can't figure out how to obey a basic law, which is posted on big-ass signs at the roadside, are obviously either a) stupid as fuck, and undeserving of life, or b) intentionally pissing in the face of the word of law, and therefore also asking for whatever they get.

So which is it?

In reality, people just like to piss in the face of authority, then crybaby about it when they find they're not powerful enough to get away with it. The same old "I'm entitled to do whatever I want, and to hell with the rules" mentality. Well, if you're going to have that, you take what you get, and don't bitch and moan about it.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Why not? People that can't figure out how to obey a basic law, which is posted on big-ass signs at the roadside, are obviously either a) stupid as fuck, and undeserving of life, or b) intentionally pissing in the face of the word of law, and therefore also asking for whatever they get.

So which is it?

In reality, people just like to piss in the face of authority, then crybaby about it when they find they're not powerful enough to get away with it. The same old "I'm entitled to do whatever I want, and to hell with the rules" mentality. Well, if you're going to have that, you take what you get, and don't bitch and moan about it.
    Not dignifying this inanity with a response.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think she was shot for speeding. She was shot for not listening to the cop and running her mouth. I'm not trying to defend the cop because he did jump the gun, so to speak....but she wasn't helping the situation at all.

Besides....it's a less-than-lethal weapon, so it's all good.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I don't think she was shot for speeding. She was shot for not listening to the cop and running her mouth. I'm not trying to defend the cop because he did jump the gun, so to speak....but she wasn't helping the situation at all.

Besides....it's a less-than-lethal weapon, so it's all good.
    Not really mate....It's not "all good" to be shot for speaking...lethal or not. She posed no physical threat and that's what the weapons are there for, protection of either the cop or other civvies.

he could have arrested her for breaking the peace, insulting an officer or whatever the equivilant law is that applies to people not being orderly or showing respect. He could have put her in the back of his car and taken her to the station to really inconvenience her...instead he choose to electrocute her in front of her kids. He could have owned her - a big "man" against a woman with kids. Equal match I think not. Fucking coward police officer? I think so.

A vulgar display of power....for what?

United States
    He could have called for backup if he felt
    he needed help controlling her.
    The sight of more police would have more
    than likely quieted her down.
    And if it didnt she could have been held and cuffed.

He did not NEED to taser her.
    Was it in the grey area that he COULD do it? Yes.
    But just because u CAN do something dont mean
    you should. Its called self control.

This definitley was an error on the cops part,
    not cuz hes some sicko, or because she was innocent.
    He should have used other methods to handle a traffic stop.
    U dont always need to use a sledgehammer on every occasion.

But I do agree that those kids most likely will never
    trust a cop ever again, and as usual its the kids
    who always suffer when the adults act like douche bags.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not really mate....It's not "all good" to be shot for speaking...lethal or not.
    I was actually joking about that part...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I understand where you're coming from, but imo cops have a very dangerous job and whether it be a crackhead or a middle aged soccer mom in a minivan....he has to protect himself. If she doesn't listen and obey he may fear that she'll pull out a weapon or harm him.

If she would have just stayed calm and in the car she would have a very minor ticket and be on her way. Instead she wanted to show out in front of her kids, which btw, is just as bad for the youngsters as the taser, imo.

Super Moderator

United States
    If I had a dime for every time I wanted to taze a Mom in a minivan and I'd be able to afford a cup of coffee this morning. That said, this is the first I've heard of this particular tazing incident.

I do agree with Bassman that so many of the cops have a tough job, but--to be fair--so many of the cops seem to join up either because, or in spite of the fact that, they're the wrong sort for the job.

*Sips iced coffee*
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 17-Aug-2009 at 01:53 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I was actually joking about that part...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I understand where you're coming from, but imo cops have a very dangerous job and whether it be a crackhead or a middle aged soccer mom in a minivan....he has to protect himself. If she doesn't listen and obey he may fear that she'll pull out a weapon or harm him.

If she would have just stayed calm and in the car she would have a very minor ticket and be on her way. Instead she wanted to show out in front of her kids, which btw, is just as bad for the youngsters as the taser, imo.
    hehe cool....

My issue is with your definition of "protect"....we obviously see that as different things. Personally I don't think you can protect yourself from something that might happen in this particular case...if that was true, why didn't he just stop her and blow her f**king head off there and then?

Undisclosed
    if that was true, why didn't he just stop her and blow her f**king head off there and then?
    What's the matter with you? Don't you know that the police are only ever at fault if the perp can throw a pigskin like Michael Vick? It stands to reason that anyone who isn't a football star simply must have been doing something wrong (i.e. yelling, talking, breathing, existing) in order to elicit the careful, measured response of the easily-frightened police officer(s) in question.

Let me know if you need any further clarification. I'm glad to help.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    As always the pendulum swings both ways. Yes, one should show the propper respect to authorities, Conversely, cops have a line THEY should not cross. I shouldn't have to kiss his ass. Being rude is not against the law (Man you would think that the civil liberties advocates would be all over this one).

They are not gods and they way the law is written is waaaaaay too vaugue and gives too much power to just another human being who is fallable like the rest of us.

In other words no one should be tased for talking smack or because the cop's wife refused to give hima blow job last night.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dubiouscomforts View Post
    what's the matter with you? Don't you know that the police are only ever at fault if the perp can throw a pigskin like michael vick? It stands to reason that anyone who isn't a football star simply must have been doing something wrong (i.e. Yelling, talking, breathing, existing) in order to elicit the careful, measured response of the easily-frightened police officer(s) in question.

Let me know if you need any further clarification. I'm glad to help.
    lolocaust!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    I'll have to agree with you, Ned. There was no need for a tazer to be used in this situation, though I see this as an ego problem with the cop, not as the government overstepping its boundaries.

-stray-
    Of course, I wasn't suggesting that this was an error on a federal level. But maybe, just maybe, this has something to do with Area 51...

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Again, common sense. Don't break the traffic laws, you won't have to worry about it.

Why exactly is that too simple for people to comprehend? I guess it's easier to disregard the rules, then just complain if we get fucked up in the process.
    It's not EITHER one person's fault or the other. Just because I think the cop is a thuggish asshole for tazering her doesn't mean I don't think she is a stupid bitch herself. Of course she was, and she was wrong to be speeding and a moron for running off at the mouth against someone who can put her in jail. However, the cop's response was far more shocking and inappropriate considering the fact that he is supposed to be in a position of authority and should act in a dignified, respectable and trustworthy manner.

People shouldn't respect the law only because it's enforced by brutish men with big sticks - that's South American dictatorship-type stuff - but because they have general faith and belief in its honesty and justness. If people only obey because of intimidation, then as soon as the law's back is turned then they will have nothing to fear and will be free to commit crimes, whereas if they believe that their laws are fair and enforced fairly then they are more likely to behave in a befitting manner at all times. That guy did a lot more harm to the image of justice than the mouthy bitch could ever have done.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 18-Aug-2009 at 12:38 PM.