Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autumn - The Movie. The trailer

Undisclosed
    I only read the first Autumn book, so someone correct me, but in the book most of the time the zombies just were. They sort of got up and stood there and then started to walk around, they would walk into people but that is the worst they would do. It was not until towards the end when they had the house and such that they actually started to become aggressive and hostel towards humans .

I don't like to knock movies to much on trailers, but this looks like something from Asylum or Full Moon, terrible looking camera work. Almost like some college kids filmed it for class. I hate that sort of camera and to be honest it has always taken me out of the movie, it gives such an apperance of low quality production. You dont need high production costs to make a good movie but at the same time if you use the right gear a low budget movie can have a bigger feel and I never understood why some of these people didn't try to pull resources for a better camera at the least.

I can't judge acting from the trailer but I like all of the cars wrecked and that has to be rough to do on a limited budget. I will likely see it, even though I did not like the book all that much, but I give every movie at least one shot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bd2999 View Post
    I only read the first Autumn book, so someone correct me, but in the book most of the time the zombies just were. They sort of got up and stood there and then started to walk around, they would walk into people but that is the worst they would do. It was not until towards the end when they had the house and such that they actually started to become aggressive and hostel towards humans .
    uh-huh, hence my bitching.

Undisclosed
    This seems only just the other side of an amateur film. The director seems to have made 4 self produced films and a low rent Canadian TV series in the last 30 years.
    Looks like it could be half decent if viewed as a low budget indie, but I'm surprised the license didn't go to someone bigger.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ugh, and to add to this the tidbit from the new 5th book autumn: degeneration includes the line "it bit me!, it ****ing bit me!"

origionality isnt dead it just lasts 4 books

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd forgotten that this indie film (looks that way anyway) production of Autumn was moved to be set in the USA...*sigh*...that was one of the things I really liked about the book, it was set in the UK!

Now it's just like most other zombie films, and looks a bit gash to be honest...shakey hand-held when it would be better on a tripod/steadicam ... little or no production design ... the story is above the budget of this film, by the looks of that footage, to be honest...gotta go with my gut on this one.

It should have been British, I say.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    agreed, i really wanted to see a british zombie flick, plus ive got a slight, slight inkling that thsi wont pull off the finale were the house is surrounded by 5000 zombies.

call it intuition if you will

United States
    I don't know about you all, but I have a special place in my heart for low budget poorly done zombie films. Sometimes, there is nothing more entertaining than that!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    vampires vs zombies begs to differ.
    and for every deadlands theres 6 of them sum'bitches.

Undisclosed
    So this thread got me to start reading the first autumn book today and I was wondering if anybody knows any other site I can read the rest of them for free? Or are they all free on this site? I'm about half way through the first one. It's slow but a good read and I'm assuming been as there are so many of them that it has a pretty big fan base and a good story.

As far as that movie goes though I think the zombies look lame and yeah it looks like it was done on the cheap. Honestly it kind of looks like it would be a made for T.V movie, but I'm assuming it isn't because the production company sounds familiar. Does anyone know when this is coming out? I didn't want to read through the comments in case there were spoilers so I'm sorry if this was stated somewhere else.
    Last edited by Ezrick; 22-Jan-2008 at 04:24 AM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It looks to me like they said "Lets take our entire budget and spend it on being able to use a street for one night and get a bunch of smashed cars towed there. Screw the rest of the movie; you just need one great memorable scene!"

England
    I think Mr Moody is going places. He's had 3 of his books optioned including one being produced by Guillermo Del Toro.
    Theres also a proper trailer for Autumn but it still looks like a fan made movie. How the hell can it look so bad when its got David Carradine and Dexter Fletcher in it

http://www.djmoody.co.uk/News.htm
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im much more excited about guilliermo working on hater, he normally hands the reins ot a director he knows actually has talent.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I think Mr Moody is going places. He's had 3 of his books optioned including one being produced by Guillermo Del Toro.
    Theres also a proper trailer for Autumn but it still looks like a fan made movie. How the hell can it look so bad when its got David Carradine and Dexter Fletcher in it

http://www.djmoody.co.uk/News.htm
    That more recent trailer is definately better than the first... By whay the hell does it feel cut wise (especially audio wise) so bitty and choppy?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

United States
    Well,
    On Moody's page where the e-books are available only the first of the Autumn series is available for free. BUT, he has several AMAZING vampire novels up as well that are simply awesome.

For those looking for first-class zombie novels available for free, check out the series that begins with Monster Island. It's a sharp departure from the GAR universe in some ways, but they're beautifully done. The entire series of books is available free, either for download or to read on the site.

Thought I'd mention it, check em out.