Undisclosed

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    CGI ?

But why ?!
    To finally tie in the games with the movies is what I've heard

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    The birds turning was a bit 'the birds' ish but meh... what irked me was in Dawn of the Dead the remake when Chips didn't get devoured (or those horses in 28 Days Later)... why dont animals become a target and then turn?
    Because everything would be zombiefied in a few days, one nip off a lill' zombie mouse while you sleep and BAM, you are the new Bub. We can easily barricade against "big" humans, but try making a place mouseproof, or insect proof...wouldn't leave much time or scope for stories, and I also believe that it would de-claw/hamstring the threat of human zeds, one minute they have you surrounded, the next they are all shufling off after a cat or something.

Zombies are threatening because they eat only living human flesh, no dead stuff, no animals....just you and me...and if they corner you, they never get distracted or go away
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Finished last night

Overall enjoyable but I do tend to tune out when the Bio Monsters enter the picture. I like a zombie film that centers around the zombie outbreak, not the Umbrella Corp coverups and bio mutant storylines.

I also don't dig the martial arts crap in these films. I like to keep my films plausible not full of comic book bull****

Still, I was entertained if even I wont watch it again.

2.5 Out of 5 Stars

Undisclosed
    The "zombified" crows are very normal for the Biohazard/Resident Evil universe, and are staples of the series. They've become somewhat iconic, as they're featured in every single BH game thus far. I know not everyone is that familiar with the series, but I'm surprised to see so many comments on them as if they didn't with the movie or something.

As a die hard Biohazard fan, I was very let down with this film. The first film was actually slightly decent, for being a zombie flick based off of a video game that was inspired by Romero's work. The 2nd film, while horrible, at least had that really hot actress playing Jill Valentine, who was distracting enough to make the film tolerable most of the time.

This film just lacked the sense of dumb, innocent fun that the first two films had. It tries to be a little more serious, but just ends up coming off as extremely boring. And what is up with Alice's super powers? They take it WAY too far in this film, and it just comes off as extremely cheesy, if anything. I can forgive them for raping the BH story/timeline, seeing as I expected that to happen with the big screen adaption, but this film really just took things too far.

1.5 out of 5. The film loses a half point just for having such an incredibly awful actor portray Wesker. *shudders*. So bad...

The new CGI Biohazard film is being developed by CAPCOM of Japan, and will be canon with the rest of the story line from the game series. Many of the main characters form the series will be present, and it has been hinted a lot of things will be revealed, along with the upcoming Biohazard 5 for the 360 and PS3.
    Last edited by Loneshambler; 18-Apr-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Just rewatched it and the extras and its easily my favourite of the three.

first off they made a zombie movie in the desert in daylight, now thats a brave move for one that most people dont even think is that special, FINALLY the zombie crows are on screen, an iconic bad guy form the series and overall it was good as a "what if?" story ,instead of trying to adapt a game, wich never works, they used the biohazard mythos to make a sotry of there own, so rather than the proposed adaption of code veronica i think it turned out pretty good.

and whilst its not everyones cup of tea what pisses me off is people bitching about it haveing b movie kung fu and bio weapons.

....THE SERIES IS CALLED "BIO-HAZARD"!, its based on cheesy action horror games based on cheesy B-movies, they never attempted to be anything more, so if you dont like the bioweapons angle or the b movie action why are you watching this and then complaining about it, this isnt just sticking up for this movie, im talking about the whole thing in general of openly disliking soethign, then going to see something with that in it and then complaining it wasnt very good because of said reasons.

Undisclosed
    This movie is terrible. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. I didn't think they could make a movie worse than RE: Apocalypse but they somehow pulled it off with Extinction.

It doesn't help that I am a HUGE fan of the games and this doesn't relate in any way to them. Having the Alice character with her "Force Powers" is bad enough. Its like putting Superman in the original Night of the Living Dead. Doesn't fit in wit the source material AT ALL.
    Last edited by UndeadGuyX; 19-Apr-2008 at 05:08 PM.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Zombie crows? Similar to the dogs in the second installment? Should have made those dogs angry french poodles that were coming back from the groomer when the plaque hit!

The series is different than GAR and doesn't belong in the same universe, but I guess if you like seeing video games come to life these movies should choke your chicken. If it comes on TNT or Sci Fi, I might watch a minute of it while the paint is drying on my cat's ass.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Zombie crows? Similar to the dogs in the second installment? Should have made those dogs angry french poodles that were coming back from the groomer when the plaque hit!

The series is different than GAR and doesn't belong in the same universe, but I guess if you like seeing video games come to life these movies should choke your chicken. If it comes on TNT or Sci Fi, I might watch a minute of it while the paint is drying on my cat's ass.
    Thats the point of my post though, the movies have nothing to do with the games. Its a completely different genre for one thing. Games = survival horror, Movies = mindless action.

United States
    yea it "borrowed" a few ideas from Day...but I thought it was okay...better than RE2 and visually it had a pretty cool apocalyptic look and feel. Burn down...twice ...and enjoy it for what it is...i did
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Now they can't use plagas since they destroyed the world.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Now they can't use plagas since they destroyed the world.
    you never know, alices blood is the cure, theres loads of her, alaska might be fine, and therefore other areas, and whilst japan was full of zombies it wasnt a desert so i dont think the whole world was like that just the american midwest.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    ...and enjoy it for what it is...i did
    And what is it exactly?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadGuyX View Post
    And what is it exactly?
    well that will vary from person to person, ....I am not a FAN of the video game, never ever played it, so for me personaly it was a FUN entertaining hour and a half on a tuesday evening, sitting back enjoying a few adult beverages and smoking some fine green, with my sexy wife and her very sexy girlfriend...It was a good choice for visualy stimulating background fodder while we all laughed and chatted and enjoyed the movie. I'm sure some really liked it for their own independant reasons and some just spew venom at it for specific reasons...I neither LOVE or HATE the film, but enjoyed the 1/12 hours we sat and watched it.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    so for me personaly it was a FUN entertaining hour and a half on a tuesday evening, sitting back enjoying a few adult beverages and smoking some fine green, with my sexy wife and her very sexy girlfriend...
    That would make any crappy movie fun...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadGuyX View Post
    That would make any crappy movie fun...
    I was about to say!

Hell, with that set up you could watch "Thats So Raven" and not want to kill yourself.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."