Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XMen 3 - OK, I'm worried...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    BLASHPEMY!
    I get that all the time. Not saying Hopkins did a bad job. He did a great job that made him very deserving of that Oscar. But after watching both him and Cox play the role, I thought the understated work by Cox was more disturbing than Hopkins flamboyant style.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thats a tough one...

In the context of the films themselves each actor did superb job. However, from book to screen translation of the character and his personal quirks... Anthony Hopkins nailed it better.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    daaaaamn straight.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I guess after reading the comics I wished they had more of the comic look. Which disappointed me very much. Plus The casting of most characters was way way off.
    In my experience, you have to be glad for what you do get when it comes to a comic adaptation. Personally, I was surprised how much they managed to get right, not how much they messed up. I thought the first film was okay and that the second was damned good, all things considered (though I was miffed about some of the things they did to Nightcrawler).

I was especially happy with how things worked out for Wolverine, I mean, good choice and they even made the hair look believable Movie adaptions of long running comics will never be 100% accurate as they are never a day-in-the-life style of storytelling; they have to take you through some level of background info and deliver character detail while juggling storyline and action...that's a lot to have to include for characters with so much backstory and long running history.

My big worry right now about X3 is that it looks like it might have that huge build up, with a mailed in big battle sequence, over-simplified plot and no new character development (aside from the Jean, Scott, Wolverine triangle aspect) to make room for the all the gltizy powers and combat sequences. Oh, and Juggernaut, one of my favorite villains, doesn't look too cool from what I've seen of him
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 06-May-2006 at 03:35 AM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    i am kinda worried about the inclusion of dark phoenix

i read those stories years ago when it was
    claremont/byrne doing the xmen and i cringe at the thought
    of that storyline being used
    it has been ruined enough in the comics as it is

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx

As much as I thought some of the casting choices were abit off, they did succeed in hitting a home run with some of them: Wolverine/Hugh Jackman, Professor X/Patrick Stewart, Magneto/Sir Ian McKellen and Mystique/Rebecca Romjin. I must agree that Kelsey Grammer is a good choice as Beast since despite the code name, Dr. Henry McCoy was always written as being abit overeducated in how he spoke. Very pronounced in his speech pattern.

I agree. I was really upset after the first movie over Halley Berry as Storm, she played her off as an extremely weak character, and Storm is not weak. Plus one of the things I didn't like was that Storm is claustrophobic, so the whole elevator shaft scene at the end wouldn't happen. She would curl up in a ball and freak out not the whole "I'm gonna fly up in an elevator shaft and kill Toad with my lightning blasts!"

Don't get me wrong, I think Halley Berry is a decent actress, but she just plays a horrible Storm. Other than her, I think they have done a pretty good job on the casting so far. I just hope 3 will be as good or better than the others.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah same here,she was too L.A to play storm they should have got some actress from afrcia to play here, that way have a real accent not the femminine klingon that halley berry sounded like.