Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blair gets in on the resistance church bitch fest

Super Moderator

UK
    Same again here in the UK, most of the country wants out of Iraq, but it's not being done or seemingly thought about.

As for the big brother thing, yes we all can do something - resist it and make our disdain for what we disagree with heard loud and clear.

I think it's absolutely sick that Labour put up a 'protest free zone' around the Houses of Parliament, what an absolute affront to freedom! I mean that is serious disrespect to the people.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's sickening. All in the name of security. Like the founders of our county said: Those who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Super Moderator

UK
    Exactly, liberty comes with a hint of danger, but at least we're all free to go about our business. What safety and peace comes from being spied upon and controlled? There's no peace in a world like that, and in turn, no liberty.

I know which I'd rather have, liberty ... with bobbies on the beat, not more CCTV cameras.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i jut find it funny that a century ago labour was all for the "working class and the little guy"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Exactly, liberty comes with a hint of danger, but at least we're all free to go about our business. What safety and peace comes from being spied upon and controlled? There's no peace in a world like that, and in turn, no liberty.

I know which I'd rather have, liberty ... with bobbies on the beat, not more CCTV cameras.

Like i said in another thread, people want to "feel" safe, even when that's not nescesarily the case. If you saw a bunch of cops in your neighborhood you'd probably feel safe but that might not really be the case. people see all these measures being taken at airports and what not and they feel better. Perception really is reality in most instances.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i jut find it funny that a century ago labour was all for the "working class and the little guy"
    Time does strange things to a political party. A century ago it was the democratic party who were pro slavery in this country.
    Last edited by darth los; 17-Jun-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Ug, tell me about it, they're just as bad as the Liberals for changing their minds and sucking up to the rich & powerful. At least with the Conservatives - being that they've been around for a good while longer than any other parties - they are more 'tied in' to the country, which in turn means knowing their way around the movers & shakers - so it's a kind of "already expected" aspect.

However, Labour on the other hand shout the odds about before "for the working man", yet they seem to have little idea of how business really works, just forcing through as many workers into a market which can't actually sustain such a workforce. They claim to be "for the working man", but given the power of gubment they get the keys to the kingdom and they go absolutely apesh*t nuts lining their pockets and growing fat (literally too).

And anyway, how can a Prime Minister who is a (if memory serves) Lawyer by trade (as is his missus), who earns well into triple figures (same for the rest of his gubment) proclaim himself to be "of the working people"? It's sick and twisted, as soon as they were in they had a party with celebrities wining and dining, the cream of Brit Pop (which of course, is a product of a Conservative Britain, not a Labour Britain, contrary to popular belief).

And this "farewell tour" of Blair's, what an absolute pile of sh*t rot that is. Proper Prime Ministers - once ousted/leaving - just f*cking leave and get on with writing their memoirs, not a f*cking world tour pressing flesh sucking their own dicks, it's unashamed arrogance, it really is.

If they really were for "the working man" (which also includes the hard working middle classes too), then the divide between rich and poor wouldn't be increasing (despite Labour's cobbled together 'guess-timates'), and the hard working (either lower or middle) wouldn't be burdened by huge tax increases and costs of living - it now takes until the beginning of June before you start earning money for yourself, all the money beforehand is tax (that's if it was organised as such, for an easy-to-grasp mental image).

Ach, they just sicken me flat out.