Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Gary Streiner HPOTD Member!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Hey Gary, welcome to the board.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Welcome! It's about time an actual "trilogy" person has joined!!!
    Wait a minute, I seem to remember Kyra Schon posting on the old, old disc.app board. I could be quite wrong about this. Any of the old timers remember this?

Anyway, welcome Gary! Perhaps you might post a "behind the scenes" story or two?

-stray-

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Sorry for throwing everybody off by using my actual name I'm so old school with things like that.

GXXY
    How dare you not come in here with a crazy madeup name like us!!! May I suggest Meatlock5000. . . it appears available at this time. . . .

Welcome Gary. It means a lot to us to have you around.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Undisclosed
    Welcome Sir

I found my neighbor murdered today. He was naked laying outside his front door. It was really strange...he had corn flakes and milk poured all over him and a banana sticking out his ass.

The cops think it is a cereal killer.

Undisclosed
    Thanks for the welcome folks. I can't tell you guys how cool it is for me to have moved on to other interests in my life 40 years ago and now come back to this great welcome. I really enjoy the people who don't know know me but will get to know me because of my attachment to a legend.
    What was I thinking for all those years? I was beating my head against the corporate structure when I could have been basking in these warm welcomes.
    Sorry for throwing everybody off by using my actual name I'm so old school with things like that.

GXXY
    None of us are getting any younger, heh, as my own handle shows.
    Still, welcome to the asylum.

Wayne Z
    " What had started as the Summer of Love, ended with a Fall which took an already torn national psyche and fed it; bit by bit, to a collective which honored no flag nor philosophy, save one.
    As flowers faded before the shortening sun, trees bared themselves to an approaching autumn chill, something stirred on the air. In isolated hamlet, in the narrow alleyways and broad avenues of larger metropolis, awakening to a time when all other things looked toward winter slumber, Dead things walked. "
    DeadFall: Fools on The Hill.

Undisclosed

Gary

MMMMM i'm liking MEETHOOK5000

no I got it MeetHook68 Now how do I change my login name?

This is it "MeetHook68" now how can I change my log in name?

I'm also taking submissions for a pic to match this name.
    Last edited by gary; 02-Apr-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Well it's better than MeatGazer.

I second the request for stories of old!!! Tell us a story Uncle Gary!! Tell us a story!!

And welcome...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I second the request for stories of old!!! Tell us a story Uncle Gary!! Tell us a story!!
    Yeah! Tell us a story, like how Tony Pantanella got the nickname "Boom Boom"

Undisclosed

gary

So you want a story do you? Well I don’t have an answer for Dubious Comfort’s question about Boom Boom I can only imagine it came from his rather perpetual desire to blow things up. But in a most adult fashion of course. I’ll try to get the real skinny on that one from Boom Boom and get back to you.
    But as for a story…
    I can’t think about the production of NIGHT without getting a really strong vision of Vincent D. Survinski. Vince was (although at the time I didn’t realize it) a father figure to me, the perfect roll-model. I so respected Vince’s ability to do almost anything. Vince taught me to just dive in and do it, have no fear, use your head and you will be OK. Vince was not only our Bookkeeper but at the same time our Set Builder. He was the guy that got the old pump going on the water well at the house so that in this rather middle of nowhere location we had great tasting water and flush toilets. The comforts that everyone took for granted but the Vince masterminded. Yet he never looked for credit, but he had this smile that made you understand he was happier to get the pump working than you were. Vince was a total doer rather a talker and I say without him the film would not have been the same. His Spirit is all over this movie.
    This might not be the story you were looking for but it’s what came out when I sat down to my computer.
    I might not be the most punctual person at keeping this thread moving but not for a lack of interest, it’s just because I’m trying to get my act together for Chiller and time is of the essence. Once I get past Chiller I will be back to working the Living Dead Festival site in a big way. That’s where I can use all of your help! I want to hear from you guys and gals about things you might like to see at the festival this year, what would get you to come to Evans City this Halloween to celebrate this classic film? BTW the Website suggestion box is open as well. I have been blessed with the honor and the challenge of building a Fan Hang that could at some point in the future be as cultist as the film itself. Big shoes to fill I know but with your support!!~
    Let’s Kick Some Horror again this year,
    Gary

United States
    So you want a story do you? Well I don’t have an answer for Dubious Comfort’s question about Boom Boom I can only imagine it came from his rather perpetual desire to blow things up. But in a most adult fashion of course. I’ll try to get the real skinny on that one from Boom Boom and get back to you.
    But as for a story…
    I can’t think about the production of NIGHT without getting a really strong vision of Vincent D. Survinski. Vince was (although at the time I didn’t realize it) a father figure to me, the perfect roll-model. I so respected Vince’s ability to do almost anything. Vince taught me to just dive in and do it, have no fear, use your head and you will be OK. Vince was not only our Bookkeeper but at the same time our Set Builder. He was the guy that got the old pump going on the water well at the house so that in this rather middle of nowhere location we had great tasting water and flush toilets. The comforts that everyone took for granted but the Vince masterminded. Yet he never looked for credit, but he had this smile that made you understand he was happier to get the pump working than you were. Vince was a total doer rather a talker and I say without him the film would not have been the same. His Spirit is all over this movie.
    This might not be the story you were looking for but it’s what came out when I sat down to my computer.
    I might not be the most punctual person at keeping this thread moving but not for a lack of interest, it’s just because I’m trying to get my act together for Chiller and time is of the essence. Once I get past Chiller I will be back to working the Living Dead Festival site in a big way. That’s where I can use all of your help! I want to hear from you guys and gals about things you might like to see at the festival this year, what would get you to come to Evans City this Halloween to celebrate this classic film? BTW the Website suggestion box is open as well. I have been blessed with the honor and the challenge of building a Fan Hang that could at some point in the future be as cultist as the film itself. Big shoes to fill I know but with your support!!~
    Let’s Kick Some Horror again this year,
    Gary

Thanks, Gary, for sharing your recollections about Mr. Survinski and "Boom-Boom"

If you ever need a volunteer to add to your minions, hit me up. Though I don't know how I can help, I am willing to lend a hand in any way I can.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Wait a minute, I seem to remember Kyra Schon posting on the old, old disc.app board. I could be quite wrong about this. Any of the old timers remember this?

Anyway, welcome Gary! Perhaps you might post a "behind the scenes" story or two?

-stray-
    Yeah, someone should make Kyra join up - Kyra Schon Rules too!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 06-Apr-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed

gary

Hey did you guys catch this?

http://damesofthedead.blogspot.com/
    g

g

sorry for the double post I'm trying to walk and chew gum at the same time.
    g
    Last edited by gary; 06-Apr-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

United States

g

This is the first I'm seeing of this. Thanks, Gary!
    Whoohoo! The Dames of the Dead (Judy O'Dea and Kyra Schon) finally have a space to post Dames-related thoughts and pictures, mad ramblings, nasty rumors and spoilers to movies and books (not really). I can't wait to tell the Joodstress what a wondrous thing I've created with the aid of modern technowizardry.

Stay tuned for mayhem and merriment.

xo,
    K-Dame
    Hehe, very cool. I'll do a read through of what they've put on there and register to comment and show some support.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 06-Apr-2009 at 06:52 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed

gary

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Hehe, very cool. I'll do a read through of what they've put it on there and register to comment and show some support.
    Yea I will do the same? Hopefully we can all have some fun over there.

United States
    MMMMM i'm liking MEETHOOK5000

no I got it MeetHook68 Now how do I change my login name?

This is it "MeetHook68" now how can I change my log in name?

I'm also taking submissions for a pic to match this name.
    I'm thinking it should be the screen cap of you in the Meathook Trio pic that was posted. After all, who's more entitled to you that pic than YOU are!

United States
    Welcome, sir. Glad to have you around.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."