Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone seen WALL-E yet?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'll go see it with the lads I think, but go at a more adult time at night, yeah.
    possibly the creepiest ****ing thing someone could say about a children's movie, and im not sure why

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    possibly the creepiest ****ing thing someone could say about a children's movie, and im not sure why
    Of course the interesting thing about many Pixar movies is they're adult friendly... I mean I'd say I'll quite happily watch Toy Story 1 & 2, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    finding nemo is like depressants and/or antidepressants for some people, ive seen someone watch that and go form in tears to punching the air multiple times in succession.

i may just be a paranoid ****, and im paranoid that i am, but i dont trust that movie. i do believe it may be the ultimate incarnation of evil.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Ummm... No?

You're going simply on the fact the droids look similar in some ways, but apart from that the stories are surely utterly different?

One's set now, the other is set in the future. On is a military droid, the other is a cleaner. One can talk, the other cannot. One film has human leads, the other does not... One you've seen, the other you haven't... Shall I continue?

actually....no im not. but thanks for assming. whats not to rip off though? a robot gets a "message" from the heavens and becomes self aware(johnny 5 was struck by lightning) and wall e looks towards the sky in the trailer like he knows somethings there......hm..................................... ........... sounds like a rip off to me!!!!!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    actually....no im not. but thanks for assming. whats not to rip off though? a robot gets a "message" from the heavens and becomes self aware(johnny 5 was struck by lightning) and wall e looks towards the sky in the trailer like he knows somethings there......hm..................................... ........... sounds like a rip off to me!!!!!!
    Hmmm...

- So Johny 5 is a military robot, built now, and struck by lightening to make him centient.
    - WALLE is a cleaner droid, in the far future, who has become centient over time (or always was? Not seen the film).

Is that it? That means rip off? No analysis of the stories or character interplay? Wow you're a hard audience to please... Not really much in common for that accusation I would suggest?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    they have nothing in common but appearance, thats it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Of course the interesting thing about many Pixar movies is they're adult friendly... I mean I'd say I'll quite happily watch Toy Story 1 & 2, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo...
    Exactly, there's plenty of adult-friendly humour in those movies, plus they're just good movies full stop.

Now, a bunch of lads going to see a Teletubbies movie or something, on their own, and not high on something - that would be a bit:

Pixar transcends the ages, one of the reasons why they're so epically successful.

Administrator

England
    Exactly, there's plenty of adult-friendly humour in those movies, plus they're just good movies full stop.

Now, a bunch of lads going to see a Teletubbies movie or something, on their own, and not high on something - that would be a bit:

Pixar transcends the ages, one of the reasons why they're so epically successful.
    I'm taking my 5yr old to see WALLE next month I expect I'll enjoy it more than him
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    It got a 4/5 in Total Film today, and it did in fact say that possibly the adults will enjoy it more than the kiddies ... at certain points.

I really wanna see it, but not quite as much as The Dark Knight, which has probably already stolen my heart for 2008.

Administrator

England
    It got a 4/5 in Total Film today, and it did in fact say that possibly the adults will enjoy it more than the kiddies ... at certain points.

I really wanna see it, but not quite as much as The Dark Knight, which has probably already stolen my heart for 2008.
    ...waits for acealive1 to suggest 'Dark Knight' is actually a rip off of 'The Goonies'...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    please, dark night is blatantly a rip off of zorro.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    please, dark night is blatantly a rip off of zorro.
    LOL!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    don't question it, you knows it.