Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exit Humanity (film) - Living Dead film set after the Civil War

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    and the overall effect on the genre is a general downturn in the horror quotient.
    is there a parabola for that? have the equations been done?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The make up looks good. I'd check it out.

Ireland
    ...except they forgot to make up the hands.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Just got through watching this. Well 86 mins of it anyway. Its one of the most uninteresting takes on the zombie genre I've ever seen.
    Its very very low budget and it shows. Virtually all the scenes take place in the woods with chapters of the story linked with animations and the movie becomes old very very quickly. I couldn't give a toss about any of the characters because they were so bland.
    Steer well clear.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Just got through watching this. Well 86 mins of it anyway. Its one of the most uninteresting takes on the zombie genre I've ever seen.
    Its very very low budget and it shows. Virtually all the scenes take place in the woods with chapters of the story linked with animations and the movie becomes old very very quickly. I couldn't give a toss about any of the characters because they were so bland.
    Steer well clear.
    That's a damn shame to hear. I was just watching one of the longer previews for the film this weekend on youtube, and they do a decent job of dressing it up, I was actually hoping the negatives I'd originally heard were wrong.

Thanks for the warning, KG!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Aaland
    I think it's sad you didn't enjoy it.

Though I could done without the screaming and the explanation of the cause. And I would shot the witch bitch.

Ireland
    So, watched this last night and I'm sorry to say that it's one of the most boring zombie flicks I've ever sat through. In fact, I was so bored that I ended up on the computer with the film running in the background. The idea is great, but the execution is awful and it's all so terribly long.

It is low budget, but low budget these days still has a decent look. It's not 'Texas Chainsaw Hookers' low. The acting is ok and there's a part for Dee Wallace ('The Howling', 'E.T.', 'Cujo') too. The zombies are alright, but the explanation for their existence is a bit silly, although I can't quite remember what it was. By the time it was mentioned I'd long since gave up on the film.

I kept thinking that Romero in his heyday could have made a masterpiece with it, but unfortunately, it never reaches above middling. It's way too long as well and could have done with some trimming. Also, the animated sequences just don't sit well at all.

I know I'm hard to please, but 'Exit Humanity' just didn't do it for me, which is a great shame, because the concept was a great one.

botc is correct, there's a lot of screaming going on by the characters for some reason. But it quickly becomes irritating. It led to me screaming STFU at the screen. Although, in one instance it made sense.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....