Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back to the Future: Your First Look

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I assume they went with the cartoon look because it's download rather than disc. Less room for life-like characters, maybe?

I had wondered why Bob Gale says on one of the docs that MJ Fox allowed them to use his likeness. Ummm...what likeness? It's a cartoon...
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Dec-2010 at 02:22 PM. Reason: .

United States
    The game is out! Go play! It's actually kinda fun.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I assume they went with the cartoon look because it's download rather than disc. Less room for life-like characters, maybe?

I had wondered why Bob Gale says on one of the docs that MJ Fox allowed them to use his likeness. Ummm...what likeness? It's a cartoon...

his likeness......meaning a voice or his image.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah....I understand what it means. I was just pointing out that it's NOT his voice or image, so permission wasn't really needed.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah....I understand what it means. I was just pointing out that it's NOT his voice or image, so permission wasn't really needed.
    Well, because the cartoon image is based upon MJ Fox, then that'll be why it's required in legal circles ... such is the case with law, it's all about technicalities and specifics, so being that it's based upon someone, then that'll be why - I'd assume - the "likeness rights" thing comes in.

Doing a vocal impression is another thing - I don't think you need rights to do an impression of the dude, or anyone for in fact - so it's purely down to the visuals, cartoon or not.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Doing a vocal impression is another thing - I don't think you need rights to do an impression of the dude, or anyone for in fact - so it's purely down to the visuals, cartoon or not.
    Even with the visuals, I don't think it's close enough to matter. He wouldn't be able to sue over the very little "likeness" even if he wanted to. For example, Venkman in the REAL Ghostbusters was based on Murray, but he never gave them permission for it, iirc.

United States
    As a fellow ghostbusters fan, please explain to me why Peter And Rays characters are switched in the cartoon? They still look the same, and their names are the same, but the likenesses seemed to be switched?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The likenesses are switched? How do you mean? They seem like cartoon versions of the actors to me.

The real question is why did Spengler's hair turn into a blond little debbie swiss roll?
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Dec-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Ha, that is a good question. What i meant was, when i was a kid i always thought that ray looked like bill murray, and peter looked more like dan akroyd.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Ha, that is a good question. What i meant was, when i was a kid i always thought that ray looked like bill murray, and peter looked more like dan akroyd.
    Never really noticed that. Cartoon Peter's face may be a bit slender for Murray's, but other than that I think they're pretty much spot on. Aykroyd is the tubby one and Murray is the slender guy...