Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And for the love of God! Please don't...

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    I'm not really put off by the lack of Asians mate. The story takes place in the rural areas of Georgia afterall, although I didn't see many Asian walkers in Atlanta scenes. Honestly though, I think it's a bit odd how many viewers feel they need characters of the same race (gender, creed, sexual thing, etc) as themselves in order to identify with the characters instead of just enjoying what is offered. Too many people these days are "special snowflakes" I think.
    I couldn't agree more. That was my point Ragnarr, it's almost as inane as the claim that Darth Vader was a racist character because he was a villain and dressed in black.

Iceberg....shoulder......chip....Come on !
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 18-Apr-2013 at 10:19 AM.

United States
    Yup! It'd be like the only Star Wars fans that can identify with Darth Vader would be evil viewers with respirators, Obi Wan with senior citizens, Luke with farm teens, R2D2 with trash cans, C3PO with gay butlers, Princess Leia with my ex-wife, and the Emperor with my ex-father-in-law when he was in a GOOD mood! :/

Sorry I got carried away there a bit, but yes we are in agreement lol.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 27-Apr-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: edit
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

England
    My reasoning for keeping Morgan vaguely around our heroes has more to do with his intense acting abilities moreso than anything with the plot itself. Lennie simply brings an emotional depth to the character of Morgan that's always interesting. The actor was in a tv mini series several years back (forgot the name and just how many years lol) about a post nuclear apocalypse in the USA, and Lennie was a CIA operative of some sort undercover. Again, an intense and compelling performance.

So to chuck him from the TWD storyline all together can be done now or at some future time, but I still enjoy what Lennie brings to the episodes that he's in.
    "Jericho"

Cracking little series IMO...really enjoyed it.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Scotland
    Yup! It'd be like the only Star Wars fans that can identify with Darth Vader would be evil viewers with respirators,and the Emperor with my ex-father-in-law when he was in a GOOD mood! :/
    mother-in-law in my case.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 29-Apr-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!