Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resident Evil Exclusive for the Wii!

Undisclosed
    I bought the zapper gun w/ Link's Crossbow Training tonight. Tomorrow is the last day for the Toys R Us sale. I guess I should get down there in the morning, then. I'll post a review on this game as soon as I can. Though it may be a little while before I can actually play RE:UC.

Undisclosed
    Holy crap....I gotta go to ToysRUs tomorrow....

Im thinking Metroid, Super Mario Galaxy, and Battalion Wars 2....

I gotta a lot of back up games too....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Metriod Prime 3, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center: New Blood, and RE: UC. Plenty to choose from in case one is sold out. Btw, I saw Super Mario Galaxy at Gamestop last night, so it probably won't be hard to find at Toys R Us.

United States
    Yeah, do yourselves a favor and pick up Mario Galaxy. It seriously brought back that childhood awe for me, back when I had no idea how videogames were made, they were just the magical cartridges that let me play Its easily the best platformer ever, in my opinion.

Undisclosed
    Welp Toys R Us had a grand total of three games left.....one being the Hanna Montanna game...and there was only two of those left.........

They had a huge display which used to hold a ton of games.....all gone though

Ill just have to ask for Tribute for the holidays....
    Last edited by Terran; 21-Nov-2007 at 08:19 PM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I know. I had to use Plan B. Ended up with Trauma Center: New Blood, RE: UC, and an exclusive Soul Calibur Legends. Currently playing RE: UC.

*update* Nov 22

RE:UC is not a bad game. Very challenging even on normal mode. Upgradeable weapons. And tough boss fights. I just unlocked Albert Wesker last night. I only have 2 complaints so far. The head shots are not that accurate and there is an option of shaking the controller when signaled. A lot of times the shaking doesn't work or maybe I am doing it wrong. *shrugs*
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 22-Nov-2007 at 02:48 PM.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It's odd that some games are responsive and some arent, I dont think it's a problem with the remote more likely the developer.

Undisclosed
    You can adjust the sensitivity

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    You can adjust the sensitivity
    Actually, it wasn't that, but I did adjust it after reading this. I wasn't shaking fast and long enough. I can do it at will now.

Graphics: Like any other Gamecube RE title out there. Still looks great. Heads shattering with blood gushing out. Typical RE.

Sound: Music is a bit diffrent compared to most RE. I liked the older scores better, but its not enough to hurt the game. Sound effects are like any other RE title.

Controls: Not too bad, but doesn't feel like a true rail shooter. Even with the Wii Zapper. But it doesn't hurt the game at all. Refilling your ammo is done by quickly shaking the controller down. And weapons can be switched by pressing either up or down on the control pad on the remote. Shots can be fired with the B buttons and granades can be thrown by holding down the A buttons then pressing B. The knife can be used by holding down A and moving the remote in a slashing motion. Interactions can be performed during cut scenes or boss battles by either rapidly pressing A or B or shaking the remote side to side or pressing A & B at the same time. Kind of like RE 4. Best way to hold the Zapper for this game is place your trigger finger on the trigger and keep your thumb near the control pad & A button.

Overall: Awesome game and I have no regrets in buying it. Lots of side missions which I have yet to complete. Your weapons can be upgraded. My only complaints are no RE 2 story line and the lack of Nemesis during the RE 3 missions. He only appears during the last chapter. Which is strange, because he is the main villian of RE 3. Laziness on Capcom's part, I suppose.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    A few things that bug me
    - the game isnt the definite version of events
    - It lacks several characters from the games such as the Bravos in Zero and Barry Burton in REmake.
    - the Raccoon City areas are lifted from Resident Evil Outbreak file 2.

I suppose if they make a sequal they could build Resident Evil 2, Nemesis and Code Veronica from scratch, and maybe co-op Net play.