Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uwe Boll to quit....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive said before he pisses me off that eh makes such crap but gets such exposure when theres films much more deserving of attnetion that get none, but at the same time i dont think he should stop making movies, i sure as hell aint gonna watch em, but if he lvoes what he does enough to beat the **** out of critics more power to him

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Heres an idea

Stop watching his movies if they make you so pissed off.
    Here's an even better idea:

I've never seen a single one of Boll's movies, and I'm 100% certain that I never will.

And I accomplished all that without signing a petition. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    There are plenty of people who absolutely HATE the Dead Series and Romero,
    And I say that those people are misguided freaks, though I don't believe this has anything to do with personal preference. The point of the Boll petition seems to be that there are people (fans) of the established properties (video games) that Boll is pissing all over with his films, and these folks would like him to cease and desist.

Petition or not, I could see a similar outcry if Rubinstein continues to license the DEAD remake franchise to hack directors. The difference here is that Boll is an attention whore, while Rubinstein just wants your bread.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    The difference here is that Boll is an attention whore, while Rubinstein just wants your bread.
    But which of those is worse?

United States
    actually,
    if everyone who signed the petition already
    send in a dollar

we could easily afford to have him shot
    and his body crushed in a junkyard.

be money left over too....

not that I would ever condone
    such a thing of course.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    we could easily afford to have him shot
    and his body crushed in a junkyard.
    Wouldn't this be overkill?

Why not just force him to watch a few of his movies?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't care if you absolutely loathe this man....but you HAVE to give him props for this:

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I don't care if you absolutely loathe this man....but you HAVE to give him props for this:

bwahahahaha even though uwe isn't a genius by any stretch of the imagination he is right about a few things: michael bay is a retard, eli roth does make the same sheyat over and over, and george clooney has turned into some sensitive "ponytail" type, spouting off endless amounts of bulls*it about "social consciousness."

great find bassman.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't "get" the sheer amount of Michael Bay bashing.

Fact is, the dude can make absolutely huge movies which are logistical nightmares, and not many can do that and handle the stress as well as the massive scale.

Pearl Harbour was still sh*te, and The Island wasn't that good, but Bad Boys 1 and 2 are solidly entertaining romps ... Transformers was also really entertaining ... and The Rock was awesome.

Now before you go all "blaaaargh" over me, be reminded that my favourite movie of 2007 is The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

I'm a man of many tastes.

Clooney - meh, take him or leave him, seems like a fun guy though ... but then again, he's far from the only celeb who's all a bit fart-sniffy.

Eli Roth - I dug Cabin Fever, and his trailer in Grindhouse was awesome ... but Hostel 1 and 2 were either "meh" or utter sh*te.

Uwe can suck a stick of lit dynamite.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    For those that don't get it, Uwe is sarcastic about his "genius" in that video. It's pretty obvious. The guy has a sense of humour. I think he seems like a great guy in person. His movies aren't great, but in noway do I want this guy to stop being apart of popular culture.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    For those that don't get it, Uwe is sarcastic about his "genius" in that video. It's pretty obvious. The guy has a sense of humour. I think he seems like a great guy in person. His movies aren't great, but in noway do I want this guy to stop being apart of popular culture.

Yeah, I picked up on the sarcasm. I bet Boll absolutely loves Michael Bay.

Not so sure about Eli Roth, though. He was probably serious about that hack...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    i got the sarcasm about himself. anyone who calls themselves a genius is either kidding or delusional.

who knows or really cares what he actually thinks about the rest of the people he talked about.

in my opinion michael bay does suck, eli roth is a hack and george clooney gets more pretentious as the days go by.

as for him stopping filmaking. i doubt it seriously, even if 10 million people sign the petition. we will be entertained by uwe boll's bad films for years to come.

and by the way - some may have missed my sarcasm in my first post calling on people to sign the petition. i haven't signed it nor will i. just a personal policy, i never sign petitions or support "causes" of any kind through signing a piece of paper.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States

While I dislike his films, this guy is hillarious. I love that video. I was going to post a link to an article about that response, but I am glad to see that you already posted the whole video (which i had not yet seen).
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Super Moderator

UK
    Just to clarify, I "get" his sarcasm ... I still don't like him though, he just annoys me in general.

The only movie of his I have any remote interest in seeing is Postal, and only because I'm a fan of the franchise itself.

My previous post was just to talk about those particular filmmakers who were mentioned in general ... oh and "Good Night and Good Luck" was a terrific movie, forgot to add that in before.

My main beef with Boll is that he takes all this money and makes garbage time-after-time, meanwhile there's a whole bunch of really great stories out there waiting to be told, but the filmmakers can't get the money to make them, meanwhile he's firing out sh*t-flicks like a chav girl fires out 'keds' for the burberry army.

Ultimately I guess, I see no point or purpose in Boll at all...that's my view anyway...onto other topics though, there's plenty of forum email notifications to sift through today.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 10-Apr-2008 at 09:39 AM.

England

My hero.
    Seriously.

Some balls on the guy.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    http://www.petitiononline.com/uwelive/petition.html

I signed the pro-Boll petition. Give the guy some support! His movies aren't good, but I've seen way worse. Besides, he's got a great sense of humour.