Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Identifying Fresh Meat

United States
    It could be pheromones. Instincts that the human body has abandoned to higher forms of reason surely would re-emerge when operating at a lower level.

Ants & bees and other hive insects can sense things from great distances.

And the Hulk's pants never rip because all the extra mass needed to become the Hulk is stored in his pants in the first place. Specifically in the front. That also explains why he's so angry.

England
    I think Bruce Banner wears really big stretchy leggings, like wot fat birds wear.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    1. When does a zombie loose interest? Theoretically they could just keep walking towards where they last saw a human, but surely they've got to lose interest sometime or another. What if they hit a river, a wall, or a cliff? That's got to be a situation where they just turn around and start shambling endlessly again. Or what if they're chasing someone who gets lifted off with a helicopter that disappears into the cloud?

I mean, sometime a zombie has got to loose interest right, because undeniably most zombies have seen a human person once in their "life"time. But most zombies we see are still shambling endlessly.
    I don't think they ever do myself, once again though, that "special instinct/sense" come into play, I reckon they would besiege a building for years if there were people in there, but within a few hours/days of the last person dying, they would start to drift away. They would then start to wander around in that way they do, until coming across some more food.

(we have also seen zeds in GAR movies who were lying down, I assume that some just give up searching before others).
    Last edited by Legion2213; 04-May-2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Maybe it’s not that complicated. Maybe zeds just know, like in those Dr. Scholl’s Gel Sole commercials – gellin’ doesn’t give you the power to see inside other people’s shoes, you just know when they’re “sooo not gellin’.”

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Let's face it ... number one it doesn't really matter, and number two it was never meant to be broken down and analyzed.

In reality. Dead is dead. No living creature which dies ever comes back to life. Period. Ever. Full stop. Never gonna happen. Amen. Case closed.

Once you are past the fact that the dead CAN come back to life because it happens in the movies then anything after that shouldn't be THAT hard to swallow, right?

In regards to how and why they are able to distinguish the living from the dead, i guess all we need to know, is that they just can!

While we are going there, maybe someone can explain how come vampires never contract the AID's virus? How does Freddy Krueger "really" get into your dreams? How does Predators cloak actually work, and where can i buy one? And finally, the classic comic conundrum, how come the incredible hulk's trousers never ever fall off?
    Yeah man. . . I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Asking these questions and coming up with our own answers is part of what makes this fun to many people. Just to say its silly to begin with discounts the entire reason for these boards.

As for why they know? I always liked the warm blooded argument, although in the original Night you can see zombies eating insects. . .so go figure.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Maybe its because of the why we react.If you start yelling or crying when you see a zombie,then they'll know that your alive.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    As for why they know? I always liked the warm blooded argument, although in the original Night you can see zombies eating insects. . .so go figure.
    I've always assumed that was caused by a lack of food stimuli. When wandering about and with no food around, they revert to a sort of childlike state and when investigating things not understood or dimly remembered they sample those items much like very young humans do, by putting those objects into their mouths. Or something along those lines.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    I've always assumed that was caused by a lack of food stimuli. When wandering about and with no food around, they revert to a sort of childlike state and when investigating things not understood or dimly remembered they sample those items much like very young humans do, by putting those objects into their mouths. Or something along those lines.
    They do look like they are just "sampling/trying stuff out" when eating the mice in "Night 90" and insects in "Night 68"

Good call.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon