Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'll finally be getting to see it...

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    We had the film in cinemas in February here in the UK, so here we are 4 months down the track with it on DVD.

So we're only a month behind the USA on both counts, which is pretty good for a movie of this nature - with Land of the Dead we were months behind, heck, we were the last country in the world to get it who hadn't banned it!

After I saw it in September 2005, I got the Region 1 DVD three weeks later.
    The man is trying to keep you down! Sounds like a conspiracy!

Super Moderator

UK
    Literally just unpacked my Diary DVD from the postage packaging. A really nice outer box for the limited edition, and it's a tin case in the inside of that, which also looks really nice.

Quality, mate.

Administrator

England
    Literally just unpacked my Diary DVD from the postage packaging. A really nice outer box for the limited edition, and it's a tin case in the inside of that, which also looks really nice.

Quality, mate.
    I've just heard these tins rust to nothing but a pile of dust in just 48hrs!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've just heard these tins rust to nothing but a pile of dust in just 48hrs!!!

Your gags are going down hill fast in the quality stakes, Neil.

Administrator

England

Your gags are going down hill fast in the quality stakes, Neil.
    Man walks into a bar... ouch!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Man walks into a bar... ouch!
    Yeah, but the classics never die though, so that's okay by me.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You guys let us know of the content on these UK SE discs. I'm curious to see if it's actually more than the US version. I still think the 90 minute documentary is the same....

Administrator

England
    All I can say is the packaging for the 'steel tin' version is excellent! Very classy!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    All I can say is the packaging for the 'steel tin' version is excellent! Very classy!
    Indeed it is, classy as ... something very classy.

Bassman: http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=67790

The 90 min doc was previously "TBC", but was confirmed about a week or two ago, it's on disc two and was pretty darn schweet, got a lot of new information about Night and the early days of Latent Image.

Undisclosed
    The 90 min doc was previously "TBC", but was confirmed about a week or two ago, it's on disc two and was pretty darn schweet, got a lot of new information about Night and the early days of Latent Image.
    Is this One For The Fire, just released in the Diary set?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Is this One For The Fire, just released in the Diary set?
    Yep it is.

England
    WTF. Apparently the blu-ray version doesn't have the documentary on it. Why?Theres more than enough space to fit it on. I'm still waiting for my copy but if it doesn't have it, its going straight back. How fooking ridiculous. Can anyone confirm this?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Tomorrow night should be 'Diary of the Dead' night for me

Kids in bed, other half out, lights out, curtains closed, 5.1 amp turned up
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Kid - I think I heard that yeah, the BR doesn't have the doc on it. Very random.

Neil - don't go in with a heap of expectations, and don't come out with a whole list of Neil-style niggles with it, you'll do my head in!

I personally preferred Land of the Dead (out of his two latest efforts, being that and Diary), but I still enjoyed Diary. It has it's flaws, but it's pluses out-weigh the flaws. I'll be re-watching it again today with the commentary, having ploughed through the DVD extras over the weekend.

Administrator

England
    Kid - I think I heard that yeah, the BR doesn't have the doc on it. Very random.

Neil - don't go in with a heap of expectations, and don't come out with a whole list of Neil-style niggles with it, you'll do my head in!

I personally preferred Land of the Dead (out of his two latest efforts, being that and Diary), but I still enjoyed Diary. It has it's flaws, but it's pluses out-weigh the flaws. I'll be re-watching it again today with the commentary, having ploughed through the DVD extras over the weekend.
    Keep mentioning those extras to our US folks
    -Carl Sagan