Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising Wii Edition

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    not to piss on anyone's fire here, but this wii version sounds ****

They should just make them all look like Mii's with those big wobbly heads and ball-hands, and then there you go - have a few hundred of those f*ckers on screen, that'll solve it.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Few things:
    Dead Rising never had a hundred zombies on screen at one time, the maximum was around fifty, in the 360 original you could slaughter all the zombies in the east end of Wonderland Plaza, run halfway to the west then back to the east to find the zombies have respawned., this may be the same for the Wii version.

The Wii will lose a bit of detail but not near the amount the naysayers are claiming, Wii's perfectly capable of handling HDR lighting, motion blurr, real time shadows etc.

No photography doesnt mean they'll make cuts, they'll simply adjust the five characters that required it.

They aren't going to remove the maintainance tunnels.

It will get a US/EU release since the original sold well and both RE4 and UC exceeded sales expectations.

The Cut scenes will for sure be video taken straight from the 360 version.

If the Wii couldn't handle it Capcom wouldn't be doing it.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 18-Jul-2008 at 12:06 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    we should start a petition for a new capcom game... it must have the resident evil (original) mood and suspense, sheer number of zombies (and all the ways to dispose of them) from dead rising, the open-world gameplay of grand theft auto, and the addiction-power of herion.
    Agreed. Been fiending for this sequel myself.
    If you make it, I will sign it!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Dead Rising never had a hundred zombies on screen at one time, the maximum was around fifty, in the 360 original you could slaughter all the zombies in the east end of Wonderland Plaza, run halfway to the west then back to the east to find the zombies have respawned., this may be the same for the Wii version.

The Wii will lose a bit of detail but not near the amount the naysayers are claiming, Wii's perfectly capable of handling HDR lighting, motion blurr, real time shadows etc.

No photography doesnt mean they'll make cuts, they'll simply adjust the five characters that required it.

They aren't going to remove the maintainance tunnels.

It will get a US/EU release since the original sold well and both RE4 and UC exceeded sales expectations.

The Cut scenes will for sure be video taken straight from the 360 version.

If the Wii couldn't handle it Capcom wouldn't be doing it.
    Agreed. Also, whatever Capcom may remove, it's possible that they may add a little something. I hear the camera and the text has been sorted out for starters.

I found this quote quite encouraging.

Minoru Nakai, the game's producer, stated that changes will be made to the Wii version to make it more accessible to casual gamers.
    And that's what I'm talking about! Haters can babble bollocks all they want but the fact remains that the Wii version will rock because of the Wii Remote gameplay. Simple as.

Super Moderator

UK
    Dead Rising had waaaaaaaaaaaay more than 50 zombies on screen at once.

Yes, they did respawn, so you could never clear areas out (which isn't that realistic really ), but I've seen a good couple of hundred or more on screen at once, especially later in the game when the mall becomes more flooded than before. Get up onto a marquee or something and you get to see the full scale even better.

Deffo way more than 50.

Indeed, Dead Rising is quite "hard core" in terms of a game, so it'll be interesting to see a Wii version ... however there was so many controls, so I'm not sure how it might pan out, but I'm sure they'll think of something.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Dead Rising had waaaaaaaaaaaay more than 50 zombies on screen at once.

Yes, they did respawn, so you could never clear areas out (which isn't that realistic really ), but I've seen a good couple of hundred or more on screen at once, especially later in the game when the mall becomes more flooded than before. Get up onto a marquee or something and you get to see the full scale even better.

Deffo way more than 50.

Indeed, Dead Rising is quite "hard core" in terms of a game, so it'll be interesting to see a Wii version ... however there was so many controls, so I'm not sure how it might pan out, but I'm sure they'll think of something.
    Here's a challenge then and not just directed at you, find me one screenshot from the finished 360 version of Dead Rising showing zombies in excess of the double digits or even close to seventy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Here's a challenge then and not just directed at you, find me one screenshot from the finished 360 version of Dead Rising showing zombies in excess of the double digits or even close to seventy.
    good enough?

and ive seen way more than that in game sometimes, especially at night.

plus if you've played it you'll know that as the game goes on, by the third day the number of zombies is around 5 times larger than in the first hours of the outbreak, which is the first picture.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I can't account for the first one in the Enterence Plaza but the second one in the Maintainance Tunnel is a pre release Promotional image.

Administrator

England
    I can't account for the first one in the Enterence Plaza but the second one in the Maintainance Tunnel is a pre release Promotional image.
    Yeah but there is just as many as that, often more, in the maintenance tunnels.
    Last edited by Andy; 21-Jul-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no, this is the promotional one

Twitching

Undisclosed

Super Moderator

UK
    I wonder, with graphics like that on the Wii, will it perhaps come out on the PS2 at some stage?

But then again, if they were doing that, they'd have to do the proper next gen version as well.

Also - ta da, images of zombie hoards were requested, and the members responded. Especially on the third day, there are boat loads of the blighters.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also - ta da, images of zombie hoards were requested, and the members responded.
    thats how i roll bitch.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    It looks like they are doing it on the cheap though, there's no shadows or lighting, reflective surfaces or any other effects there's really no excuse even for the Wii hardware. It could be because there was no time due to rebuilding the whole game with the RE4 engine in time for winter release but Dead Rising's Mall isn't as big as one of RE4's three areas (Village, Castle, Island), it might be that they'll work on those things now before release but somehow I doubt it. Hopefully the new gameplay and extra content (psychopaths and weapons) will more then make up for this.

ViP

United States
    Looks like the screen caps are an accurate description of how many zombies to expect in the Wii version.

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=2099