Thread: the prosecutor said what??

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Look at me...

Arghhh...my beautiful eyes!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    While i think the act is disgusting who did it hurt other than people's sensibilities? The dude had his way with an inanimate object. So what. 18 months sounds harsh to me.
    The knowledge that their loved one's corpse was sexually violated would be extremely traumatic to the family of the deceased, and that trauma grossly outweighs a mere 18 months of jail time. The family will have to live with that trauma for the rest of their lives.

On the subject of jail: When the other prisoners find out what he has done, I venture to guess there will be a immediate "green light" on this freak, as the case would be if he was a conventional rapist or child molester.

If this guy had violated a pumpkin, or someone's sofa cushions, then that would be a different matter, albeit disturbing to be certain. But I cannot view a bereaved loved-one's remains as an inanimate object, and I propose that this guy's fellow inmates will not either.

There are all kinds of justice in this world, and this guy is going to get a strong measure of this before his sentence is through.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    There are things about human remains that most people do not take into consideration or have no idea about.

Major, without getting too specific or graphic, if you have seen the things that I have seen then this sort of weirdness would never, ever cross your mind. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it would take a very twisted and sick pervert to carry this out. Trust me on this, there are things that laypeople really do not want to know.

The funeral industry, in a large way, exists so that the bereaved do not have to deal with the reality of human remains.
    Take all the fun out of it why don't you.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Take all the fun out of it why don't you.

Darth rules!
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the thing that irritates me about what this attorney spouted off about is that it is rather inappropriate and unprofessional. he is a public and court servant. as such i don't think he should be questioning the decisions of the court (which, let's face it, can only give the guy the maximum sentence allowed under the law) he serves in such a manner.

if he had said, "i think the penalties for things like this ought to be drastically increased." i wouldn't have even posted this but what he said sounds more like one of those public sound byte thingys you see on the local news where they walk up to some dude and ask him what he thinks. it doesn't sound like something a deputy district attorney would or should say.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    the thing that irritates me about what this attorney spouted off about is that it is rather inappropriate and unprofessional. he is a public and court servant. as such i don't think he should be questioning the decisions of the court (which, let's face it, can only give the guy the maximum sentence allowed under the law) he serves in such a manner.

if he had said, "i think the penalties for things like this ought to be drastically increased." i wouldn't have even posted this but what he said sounds more like one of those public sound byte thingys you see on the local news where they walk up to some dude and ask him what he thinks. it doesn't sound like something a deputy district attorney would or should say.
    Perhaps his constituents will take that into account in the next election cycle....But don't count on it.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post

Completely in agreement. The prosecutor is a loudmouth idiot, and what he said is completely out of line. While on some level I agree with what he said, and I would understand how anyone could feel that way, he is a public servant and as such should present himself in a profressional manner.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    he is a public servant and as such should present himself in a profressional manner.
    Lord knows our president does.

Who am i kidding. He can't even talk.

Undisclosed
    Lord knows our president does.

At least your president got voted in. Ours didn't...

Oh wait...

United States

Undisclosed
    The prosecutor was probably speaking out of anger and disgust. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us in certain situations. He may have known the deceased. Who knows.