Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faces of Death Blu-Ray

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There's a DVD boxset of Faces; my friend owns it. He got it like 4 years ago and it cost nearly $200.... I guess he got ripped off cause I just did some searching online and have seen it going for like $30.

Anybody ever watch the Traces of Death series?

I own original VHS' copies of vol. I, II, and III. I'm pretty sure they're worth a pretty penny. I was lucky enough to find all of them at a mom&pop video store for about $0.99 each.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    There's a DVD boxset of Faces; my friend owns it. He got it like 4 years ago and it cost nearly $200.... I guess he got ripped off cause I just did some searching online and have seen it going for like $30.
    I believe they call that the nerd/geek tax. It's a premium you pay in order to get things when newly released. It's the same with i pods and stuff.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I dont like that little "series"
    agreed. they're crap. i am glad that the parts depicting humans are fake because wanting to watch real people die as entertainment is pretty sick.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Why are they wasting blu-ray space on this ****? Seriously.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    There's a DVD boxset of Faces; my friend owns it. He got it like 4 years ago and it cost nearly $200
    I love the Faces of Death movies,but I would never spend $200 for them.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    agreed. they're crap. i am glad that the parts depicting humans are fake because wanting to watch real people die as entertainment is pretty sick.
    I totally disagree with you but everyone has their own opinion.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    How is it fake?
    The guy who made the series admitted it was all faked a few years ago.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

capncnut
    Mmm, the thing with Faces Of Death is that, yeah, it's a steaming dog turd but it's a very watchable steaming dog turd. The fake doctor who narrates the movie, Francis B. Gross, is completely laughable and yet his thoughts on death are quite on the mark.

What genuine death footage there is on offer can't really be classified as sick nowadays (especially when compared to all these ghoulish sites with beheadings and such) but the fake killings are quite comical in their own way and kinda like watching a bunch of really short and gory low budget scenes. I have to admit, I'm not into watching the animal bits whatsoever. But while the images of seals being clubbed to death is not particularly nice or wholesome, it doesn't change the fact that it's very powerful and emotional to watch.

I'm on the fence with this one - it's equally as unwatchable as it is funny to watch. I preferred The Killing Of America though to be honest, it was more factual.