Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing Peter along

United States
    I think Roger just had that instinctive knowledge that you ALWAYS stick around the cool black guy when zombies are around. That increases your odds of survival!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Good theory. And an interesting point. I think Roger trusted Peter more because he had his back in the basement when he ran out. Or is it the other way round?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I think Roger just had that instinctive knowledge that you ALWAYS stick around the cool black guy when zombies are around. That increases your odds of survival!
    Yeah, since Dawn happened in the '70s he had probably seen Night '68 already and so sought out the most Ben-like person he could.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Great topic, Philly! I always thought that it was because they were in the same line of work, knew how to handle things under pressure, had that respect going between them. I never found it unreasonable, and in the end, was glad that that choice had been made in the midst of such chaos.

Administrator

England
    I always assumed it just because roger knew steven, and he wanted some male company.

Christmas Island
    Taking a stranger along (especially a big guy like Peter) is just added strain on fuel and supplies, so it would be understandable if Roger ditched him at the project. Fortunately Peter was adept as an extra hand, he knew how to cook, could think on his feet, and an all-around good guy. It was an instinctive gamble on Roger's part that paid off.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    Great topic, Philly! I always thought that it was because they were in the same line of work, knew how to handle things under pressure, had that respect going between them. I never found it unreasonable, and in the end, was glad that that choice had been made in the midst of such chaos.
    Yes, I am glad the choice was made to, otherwise it would have been a boring movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I always assumed it just because roger knew steven, and he wanted some male company.

LOL!!

United States
    Interesting question.

You do have to wonder why he would not turn to someone else who he was close to. Perhaps being outward fun loving and social he was introverted and did not have any close friends. Perhaps he was worried his friends would think less of him if he abandoned his "post", perhaps his friends already abandoned theirs.

maybe in the field of battle he forged a friendship with peter and looked up to him, admired him, and respected him and wanted to invite him along because he knew he was "a good fella" and someone he could count on.

I also agree it is pretty rude to just make that decision for Flyboy and Fran. Hey I got another guy for our group! Start the engines.