Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart worker dies after shoppers knock him down

United States
    hearing about and seeing footage of the lunacy of the american shopping fanatics who fight over materialistic crap helps me appreciate romero's message in dawn. it also makes me wanna play dead rising and go out and put a bunch of zombies out of their misery.

United States
    Just another case of people who have no morals and values at all. Its like half the world isn't human anymore because they're devoid of feelings. Their only concern is getting the latest deal or cutting in front of you to make it to that red light first. All I can really say is WTF?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    After having worked retail 12 years back in the old days I can say I hate "Black Friday" more than most anything in life. It is an utter nightmare. Line from the front door to the back & then people are angry because there are lines even though every register is open 100% max & we even had baggers (& this WASN'T a grocery store!) Made me hate the holidays for YEARS.

If you want to see how childish & immature the average "adult" is in the country &/or develop a hate, loathing, contempt & general low opinion of 90% of humanity than go work retail.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    If you want to see how childish & immature the average "adult" is in the country &/or develop a hate, loathing, contempt & general low opinion of 90% of humanity than go work retail.
    word.

i worked at borders books for several years while i was in college. the way that some supposed adults act in public never failed to amaze and disgust me.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    word.

i worked at borders books for several years while i was in college. the way that some supposed adults act in public never failed to amaze and disgust me.

I agree. I worked retail for a number of years, also. I used to dread Thanksgiving weekend, because of traffic, parking, and a$$holes in general. Some people act like turds if you sell out of an item. Even with it still in the ad. Tough sh!t. Next time buy online or wake up earlier. Fortunately, I was at a place where I could not be fired, so I could deal with certain people any way I choose. *S*

United States
    I would be shocked if someone told me that the majority of "people" in that crowd were not on Welfare.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    Who said that?

Arc?

Meh, who would have guessed...
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    I would be shocked if someone told me that the majority of "people" in that crowd were not on Welfare.

-stray-

United States
    In an era where everything that makes sense about race relations is termed "racist," is it any wonder why we're failing as a nation.

And that's really funny coming from you, Exatriedes.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    We just talked about this incident in my history class today (yes, I'm in college). Some people brought up some good points, but I was the only one out of thirty people to immediately think of zombies. What does that say?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    We just talked about this incident in my history class today (yes, I'm in college). Some people brought up some good points, but I was the only one out of thirty people to immediately think of zombies. What does that say?
    It's sad, but very close to the truth.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I agree. I worked retail for a number of years, also. I used to dread Thanksgiving weekend, because of traffic, parking, and a$$holes in general. Some people act like turds if you sell out of an item. Even with it still in the ad. Tough sh!t. Next time buy online or wake up earlier. Fortunately, I was at a place where I could not be fired, so I could deal with certain people any way I choose. *S*
    Yep. Want to watch most "adults" melt down? Tell them one simple thing: no. No you can't have every thing your own way, no I'm not going to give it to you, no I'm not going to give you what you want, no the customer is NOT always right. Most of them will throw a childish tantrum in no time. (I used to work in customer service *ugh*. The amount of attempted return fraud was staggering.)

Now I work in a order fulfillment center for the online orders of a major retailer, which means our "Black Friday" was actually TODAY. God this sucks...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    In an era where everything that makes sense about race relations is termed "racist," is it any wonder why we're failing as a nation.
    Though it was bound to happen, turning this into a clichéd welfare/class/race issue misses the point entirely, which is the real reason "why we're failing as a nation" ...if you truly need a reason for it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Though it was bound to happen, turning this into a clichéd welfare/class/race issue misses the point entirely, which is the real reason "why we're failing as a nation" ...if you truly need a reason for it.
    i too find the ravings of lower middle class whites amusing. people who have never done anything to better themselves, who have no education, no real skills but yet feel the need to rail against the world and blame their situation on someone else because they have failed at every thing they've tried in life. fu*king sad but very fu*king funny (to me at least).
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    The reason that we are failing is that people no longer feel the need to plan for the future, or put off gratification. We live in a "gimme it and gimme it now" society -- and this encompasses all races and all classes. When the bottom falls out, few have the means to survive for very long because they spent tomorrow's money yesterday on crapola they didn't really need.

Those people at Wal-Mart weren't lining up to buy food and other essentials ... they were lining up to buy TOYS ... DVD players, TVs, CDs, radios, iPods, games and on and on ad nauseam and a young man who was working for a living paid for it with his life (although, being an "inside man" he had probably stocked up on TOYS of his own and was looking forward to playing with them when his shift ended).

Quite possibly, if the tables were turned, he just might have been a "stomper" instead of a "stompee".

Romero was a prophet when he made Dawn of the Dead ... we are the creators of our own brutality ...

-stray-