Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-French Sentiment

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    All I remember of France is they saved the US in the Revolutionary War... yes, I've seen The Patriot.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    All I remember of France is they saved the US in the Revolutionary War... yes, I've seen The Patriot.
    Would that be The Patriot with Mel Gibson or Steven Segal? Because both are likely to give an equally accurate account of the Revolutionary War

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04 View Post
    Would that be The Patriot with Mel Gibson or Steven Segal? Because both are likely to give an equally accurate account of the Revolutionary War
    Hey. The one with Mel Gibson was actually pretty good...

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Mel Gibson... and yeh, I know it's a movie, but still...

Super Moderator

United States
    Well, in the interest of being pro-French...Good one, guys!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Anybody that slams France needs to study American history. Not only did they help us in the Revolution, but they gifted us with that big statue in New York harbor, you know, Miss Liberty?

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Anybody that slams France needs to study American history. Not only did they help us in the Revolution, but they gifted us with that big statue in New York harbor, you know, Miss Liberty?

M_

Yeah, after they tried to give the damn thing to someone else first. Those wonderful gift-givers.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Mmmm, I bask in the glow of the thinly veiled anti-U.S. sentiment that somehow ignores the fact that other countries all over the world are filled with jackasses and similar sorts of tripe.

Mmmm, it's like warm sunshine on my skin.
    Exactly!!!!

Yeah we do some stupid shit over here in the U.S. . . . That never happens anywhere else in the world.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm very much amused by the whole "Freedom Fries" thing, which reminds me of my early school years as a 7 year old. I mean, that's not even teenage shit, that's elementary fucking school stuff!

Most people I know think of "Freedom Fries" as being a immature joke though up by some idiot, we all still call them French Fries even though they are not French.

Anyway, I have been to France, the tourists areas are beautiful, but be careful what corner you turn in Paris, you may run into a giant steaming pile of dog crap... literally, I stepped in one because it's all over the non-tourist areas (or at least it was when I was there).

I am not Anti-French, those I dealt with seemed like they were decent people. The only person who was rude to me during my entire trip was a lady on the metro who pushed me out of the way to get off the train instead of stepping around me (there was plenty of room), but I am not going to hold one person in a hurry accountable for the entire country. Like I said previously, the French I dealt with seemed like they were decent people.

EvilNed, you shouldn't hold an entire country accountable for a few idiots, especially if they are from the southern states.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Dead

Undisclosed
    Hey. The one with Mel Gibson was actually pretty good...
    I wasn't criticizing its entertainment value, I was only criticizing it for its accuracy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    EvilNed, you shouldn't hold an entire country accountable for a few idiots, especially if they are from the southern states.
    I was mostly laughing at the congressmen, and business people really. I've never run into such childishness at such a high level!

Super Moderator

United States
    I've never run into such childishness at such a high level!
    You need to crack open some news resources, then, Ned. I feel as though I've seen half a dozen or so incidents of fistfights in cabinet-level meetings, politicians at political rallies or legislative hearings in Europe (albeit usually Eastern Europe) and Asia over the last few years alone.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    You need to crack open some news resources, then, Ned. I feel as though I've seen half a dozen or so incidents of fistfights in cabinet-level meetings, politicians at political rallies or legislative hearings in Europe (albeit usually Eastern Europe) and Asia over the last few years alone.
    Source? Don't want to sound like an idiot, or a prick, but I've never come across them really. Except those two groups of priests in Jerusalems who started a fistfight.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Source? Don't want to sound like an idiot, or a prick, but I've never come across them really. Except those two groups of priests in Jerusalems who started a fistfight.
    ned, you could put a coffee table book together about all of silvio berlusconi's idiotic moments and he was the leader of italy for years.

then there is the fact that people in europe (who fancy themselves as so much more cultured than americans or canadians) routinely kill each other and riot over fucking soccer games. hell, the italian league had to play to empty stadiums a year or so ago because of all the violence.

there are, unfortunately, morons everywhere on planet earth.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    just google "parliment fight" Ned.

Honestly I understand your point about the freedom fries thing. But so what? What is the point of even bringing about this old topic anyways? We get it. .you don't like the U. S. Let's move on shall we.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."