Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you were doing a Romero zombie-thon at home...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    How about a pre Romero triple feature of Invisible Invaders...
    Holy shite!

that is a totally cool old school scifi film and it does have some serious pre-romero overtones to it.

man, you dudes never fail to amaze me. our collective geekdom is probably enough to implode a small galaxy, in fact someone should calculate the escape velocity of aforementioned geekdom.

this doubly weird because i just watched "invisible invaders" the other night.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed

Or skip '90

When I did it, I just skipped Night '90 and did Night, Dawn, Day, Land, then Diary. Is '90 even that great? I've never seen it, just a couple bits and pieces. Or you could always add in everyone's favorite, Day '08

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammylou View Post
    Is '90 even that great? I've never seen it, just a couple bits and pieces. Or you could always add in everyone's favorite, Day '08
    Depends on who you ask and, of course, your own personal preferences. I thought it was good and pretty enjoyable.

Consider giving it a shot some time and see what you think.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammylou View Post
    When I did it, I just skipped Night '90 and did Night, Dawn, Day, Land, then Diary. Is '90 even that great? I've never seen it, just a couple bits and pieces.
    IMO, yes, it is. Great cast, great performances, Takes the familiar story you know & love & tweaks EVER SO SLIGHTLY so that it's not a carbon copy. To me, it should be the template that all remakes are based on. Faithful enough to the original that you're not shitting all over it & pissing off people who loved it, but bringing a LITTLE something fresh & new to the table.

The 2 Nights make great companion pieces IMO. It's kinda like watching all 3 cuts (especially the 2 American cuts vs the Argento cut). Same story, slightly different perspective.

I've long thought of it as almost like a revival of a play that hasn't been onstage in a number of years. You bring it back with a new cast & a slightly different interpretation & breathe new life into it.

Only downside is the lack of gore necessary to secure an "R" rating, but it's a MINOR quibble that I can easily overlook compared to all the positives.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I usually go in order with Night, Dawn, Day and Land. Then if there's time...Diary. But that one's not necessary, imo.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I usually go in order with Night, Dawn, Day and Land. Then if there's time...Diary. But that one's not necessary, imo.
    Agreed. There will never be time, imo, for me to show anyone Diary.

United States
    Back in the Day of the Dead VHS release days, I did a viewing with some friends - mini marathon, if you will - with NOLD 68, DAWN 78, and DAY. We had Jack Daniels served in styrofoam cups, spam, crackers and cheese. Couldn't afford caviar, but you get the idea.

Regarding NOLD 90, I agree that it is very much worthwhile, and is one of the only remakes that I like.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."