Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Survival" to play Fantastic Fest also

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    Really good retort bassman. It's always interesting reading your thought provoking posts.
    Glad I can be of service!

I think you might be on to something though. Romero and Grunwald are probably just testing the waters on the title of "Survival", you know, to see what the fans think.
    All I'm saying is that word-of-mouth isn't really proof. But we've been through all that. The main thing is....I just want a trailer and poster.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Did Nicotero or Romero tell you that while you were going down on them?
    In what sort of bizzaro, f*ckd-up universe is it considered a good idea to post something like that?

The distributor is ultimately responsible for the trailer and/or promotion. Even so, what difference does it make if the film plays at festivals as "Survival..." and is later changed when a distributor gets their hands on it?

Having some semblance of priorities in life can be a good thing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    In what sort of bizzaro, f*ckd-up universe is it considered a good idea to post something like that?

The distributor is ultimately responsible for the trailer and/or promotion. Even so, what difference does it make if the film plays at festivals as "Survival..." and is later changed when a distributor gets their hands on it?

I agree. That might very well be the name for now but it's far from the point of no return where they have to stick with it. Anyone knows when that might be by the way?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post

Relax, chief. Twas just a joke.

United States
    Well i hope u are not just realising that
    this is a bizzaro f*cked up universe and has
    been for a very long time.

I think it was a fair question, all things considered.
    (like his slamming of Bassman in another post)
    and seeing how Leo (Diet-Khardis) made it quite clear how
    he didnt care what I thought or said, he gave me
    free reign to say whatever I want about him. He did.
    So, I need to correct u Bassman.
    He wasnt going down on them, he was bent over.
    He needed his mouth free to conduct an interview.

Your making lots of friends here Leo (Diet-Khardis).

oh...and i dont like the idea of zombie horses.
    and the title is kinda dumb.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    (Diet-Khardis) .

Oh and . . . . . .

Post 2000 bitches!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by clanglee; 12-Aug-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    That did get a chuckle out of me, too.

Post 2000 bitches!!!!!!!!!!
    Very nice!

As far as the movie is concerned, I do agree with Darth that there is some hope, but the way the blurb for the film I quoted earlier made me feel was that Survival might be like Land and Diary in that they are nothing more than a pretext at deeper films, telegraphing their 'deep' and 'meaningful' points.

I hope to see skillfully handled subtext.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 12-Aug-2009 at 08:09 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    That did get a chuckle out of me, too.

Very nice!

As far as the movie is concerned, I do agree with Darth that there is some hope, but the way the blurb for the film I quoted earlier made me feel was that Survival might be like Land and Diary in that they are nothing more than a pretext at deeper films, telegraphing their 'deep' and 'meaningful' points.

Well, as I said earlier, hopefuly the man has learned his lesson. We don't need to be beat in the head every 15 minutes with the theme of the movie.

It's like a joke that you have to sit there and explain after you've delivered the punchline. It ceases to be what was intended.

That precious time could be used for other things like I don't know...CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT MAYBE! Which by the way was practically non existent in diary and isn't that one of the things hat we all love about the original trilogy?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

Keep hope alive!!!

But be prepared for reality.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Well i hope u are not just realising that
    this is a bizzaro f*cked up universe and has
    been for a very long time.

I think it was a fair question, all things considered.
    (like his slamming of Bassman in another post)
    and seeing how Leo (Diet-Khardis) made it quite clear how
    he didnt care what I thought or said, he gave me
    free reign to say whatever I want about him. He did.
    So, I need to correct u Bassman.
    He wasnt going down on them, he was bent over.
    He needed his mouth free to conduct an interview.

Your making lots of friends here Leo (Diet-Khardis).

oh...and i dont like the idea of zombie horses.
    and the title is kinda dumb.
    I don't worry about making friends on the internet, especially ones like you or bassman(to name a couple) who can't really debate me on any point, so they throw out crude and idiotic posts. It would have been so easy to come back with a similar crude reply, but what's the point?

United States
    don't you think that after a while, the family members would realize that not much can be done to bring back their dead loved ones? about as lame as cholo's ransom demands and jason's camera obsession....

...and really, living dead horses? fuck that stupid shit...."meh" readings now at record levels for this film...i'll probably see it in the theaters, but may end up leaving this one out of the dvd collection....even "completionist's rationale" can only go so far.....zombie horses....give me a break.

EDIT: and i'm in no way taking sides or getting involved, but that "diet-khardis" shit is too funny...
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 13-Aug-2009 at 08:18 AM.

United States
    Friends?
    I pity anyone who has u for a friend.

Ill make this so simple even you
    can understand Diet-Khardis:

You are an asshole,
    and a douche bag.

Me. I am a rotten bastard and worse, I freely admit it.

But if u can't get along with Bassman who is
    one of the easiest people to get along with
    then there really is something wrong with you.

My apologies to everyone else for interupting this
    thread. I will not do so again.

U can reply if u want Diet Khardis but it won't be read
    by me. But do waste ur time if u feel like it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    don't you think that after a while, the family members would realize that not much can be done to bring back their dead loved ones? about as lame as cholo's ransom demands and jason's camera obsession....
    Obviously I haven't seen the film, but if it's how I imagine it...I could see how some people would try it. Especially mothers and fathers with their children. Of course it seems ridiculous to zombie fans like us, but you've got to remember that it's really easy for some people to snap under extreme situations, ya know?

Ever heard of a mother going into a sort of catatonic state after her child dies and not wanting to let the body go? I kinda relate it to that. If that makes sense...
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Aug-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Undisclosed
    I live in the Austin area and will try to go see it. I know the tickets for Tarantino's movie tomorrow are $100 a piece. I don't know how much the badges are so I'll have to check. Be cool to see Romero but I would be mad if the movie sucks. I remember when Blair Witch came out in Austin I was very disappointed after driving during my lunch break into downtown to get tickets and drag my girlfriend who hates horror movies to go see it for her to get a headache from the shakey cameras. It was not worth it. Since then I don't get hyped about movies, I can wait for the dvd to come out.
    "I want to be apple pie and baseball but when people look at me they see nachos and a cock-fight"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamn View Post
    I live in the Austin area and will try to go see it. I know the tickets for Tarantino's movie tomorrow are $100 a piece. I don't know how much the badges are so I'll have to check. Be cool to see Romero but I would be mad if the movie sucks.
    100 bucks? Romero will be there? I guess this is some sort of premiere?