View Poll Results: which of the original 3 is your fav?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • night

3 8.33%
  • dawn

16 44.44%
  • day

17 47.22%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: the big three poll re-re-re-visited...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn....twelve votes and still none for Night?
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Oct-2009 at 06:14 PM.

capncnut
    Yeah, bit of a choker that...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

i was gonna say the same thing.

It's not so suprisig that day and dawn are neck and neck but that night has yet to garner a single vote up until this point. Also, it would be interesting to see the ages of those who voted for day as their fav as compared to dawn.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    after watching autopsy of the dead the other day, i decided to rewatch all 3 just the other night. and while i almost chose night, there's just something about dawn....i love the "on-the-run" beginning, the thrill of them discovering a perfect spot, the sweeping and clearing of the mall, the emptiness they discover once it's theirs, the biker raid, and fuck it, even the pie fight.

so while night is the spark for the firestorm of ghoul horror romero gives us, dawn is the inferno of fucking living dead, simply put. best zombie film ever.

Super Moderator

United States
    I know it's a surprise, but we all know there'll be some old school love for Night on this poll.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I know it's a surprise, but we all know there'll be some old school love for Night on this poll.

That's exactly why the ages of the voters intrigued me. I want to see if there's a correalation between ages and what films they picked.

Perhaps no one who was alive when night came out has voted yet.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Fixed.

United Kingdom
    Day for me. It's what a Zombie apocalypse film should be, it's dark, it's hopeless, it's gory.
    Kill 'em All

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    It's what a Zombie apocalypse film should be, it's dark, it's hopeless, it's gory.
    Yup, that describes NIGHT alright.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i'm glad there's been some love given to night. i was beginning to feel a bit embarrassed for us.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i'm glad there's been some love given to night. i was beginning to feel a bit embarrassed for us.
    And i knew it wa gonna be him to be the reliable night vote.

it's just like if dawn were getting shut out. You just know philly would vote for it at some point.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Yup, that describes NIGHT alright.
    I know, but Day is darker, more hopeless and gorier.
    Kill 'em All

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Of War View Post
    I know, but Day is darker, more hopeless and gorier.
    I love DAY, too, but... NIGHT brings the horror to your home. It put a dead body at the top of your stairs, a truck explosion in your front yard and a trowel stabbing in your basement.

Y'all really love NIGHT best and just don't realize it yet.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    i feel bad for Night with only one vote : ( i voted day

United States
    I felt that I should not vote because I suffer from a medical condition that my doctor has yet to name. I am torn between Dawn and Day for favorite. Until you tweak the poll to allow ties I must forego my vote. This is a sad day indeed... Please give me some space

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Let the dust settle and then we need to look back and see if there has been a poll done yet regarding the viewing order of the films (not sure off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to do so at the moment).
    I too saw them out of order and completely backwards, but I swear I am not from Alabama. It went Day, Dawn, Night.

I've been doing the same thing, except with Dawn. I've been on this kick of watching Dawn a whole lot lately. Like....a few times a week. Don't know why. Anyone else get spells like that?
    Back when I was first introduced to Dawn I happened to fall in love with it and pleasently slipped into a peaceful intoxicated state. I was not keeping count but I know I got my fill. (No regrets though.)
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."