United States
    Indeed
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    ^

...agreed, proceed to smoke weed

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE?!@?!?!?ONE?!?!
    Don't you see? It's the "post one five letter word to bump your post count up!" Thread.

Aww, I failed, I actually typed a sentence.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    we were watching the lions and packers game and the announcer just said "you're favre's understudy for 4 years and you still cant learn from him"

so he was reading my mind with that. and my brother goes "you're too much of a favre fan, they're getting beat at the line, thats why theyre not as good this year. " well see what had happened was YOU LOST BRETT FAVRE. jesus christ, im thinking my brother woulda said the same thing about the sans jordan bulls. same fucking team minus one piece and it falls apart. im a packers fan, but it gets hard to still be "loyal" when the front office isnt loyal to their own fans.
    After reading all the other responses to this post, I am not sure if you wanted a serious reply or not. In case you do, here is my take. I am not a particular Packers fan, never have been. I dont dislike them mind you, I just dont go out of my way to buy Packers gear, watch Packers games, etc. I do appreciate their unique status as a ...community owned NFL team, and their place in NFL history. I am however a Brett Farve fan. Every since free agency became so prevelant in all sports that teams are constantly changing, I started becoming more fans of particular players. Anyway, I think that Aaron Rodgers is a good player. Is he a great player? Hard to say yet. Is he as good as Farve? Well, ask me in in another 10-15 years.

One the one hand, this same basic team went to the NFC championship game 2 years ago with Farve....not nearly as good since Farve left. Obviously, you normally wouldnt have as good a team when you take a 20 year veteran at the pivotal position and replace him with a young unproven talent. So on your first point, obviously Farve leaving was a big blow to the Pack. I do think that they could have done a lot worse than Rodgers to replace him.

As far as the whole....."how Brett left" question, I have to put more than 50% of the blame to Brett himself. For several years, he was wishy washy as to whether or not he would come back. That last time, the Pack asked him "are you coming back? we need to know so we can make plans one way or the other". They put the ball in his court, and presumably if he said he would return they would have went with that. But once he said no, they had to go on, and tell Rodgers after 4 years of waiting he would be the starter. It would have been so shitty to him to tell him at the last second, "Oh btw, Brett is coming back, so you dont get to start after all". I dont put a ....negative blame....on Brett, he is a human being who probably didnt really know if he wanted to put his body thru the wear and tear, but I do put the .....non-negative-or-positive blame on Brett for how his departure went down. If I were a Packers fan, I dont think I would show a lack of faith in the front office. I think that the front office of the Packers has their fans interests at heart more than probably most teams in all of team sports.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    After reading all the other responses to this post, I am not sure if you wanted a serious reply or not. In case you do, here is my take. I am not a particular Packers fan, never have been. I dont dislike them mind you, I just dont go out of my way to buy Packers gear, watch Packers games, etc. I do appreciate their unique status as a ...community owned NFL team, and their place in NFL history. I am however a Brett Farve fan. Every since free agency became so prevelant in all sports that teams are constantly changing, I started becoming more fans of particular players. Anyway, I think that Aaron Rodgers is a good player. Is he a great player? Hard to say yet. Is he as good as Farve? Well, ask me in in another 10-15 years.

One the one hand, this same basic team went to the NFC championship game 2 years ago with Farve....not nearly as good since Farve left. Obviously, you normally wouldnt have as good a team when you take a 20 year veteran at the pivotal position and replace him with a young unproven talent. So on your first point, obviously Farve leaving was a big blow to the Pack. I do think that they could have done a lot worse than Rodgers to replace him.

As far as the whole....."how Brett left" question, I have to put more than 50% of the blame to Brett himself. For several years, he was wishy washy as to whether or not he would come back. That last time, the Pack asked him "are you coming back? we need to know so we can make plans one way or the other". They put the ball in his court, and presumably if he said he would return they would have went with that. But once he said no, they had to go on, and tell Rodgers after 4 years of waiting he would be the starter. It would have been so shitty to him to tell him at the last second, "Oh btw, Brett is coming back, so you dont get to start after all". I dont put a ....negative blame....on Brett, he is a human being who probably didnt really know if he wanted to put his body thru the wear and tear, but I do put the .....non-negative-or-positive blame on Brett for how his departure went down. If I were a Packers fan, I dont think I would show a lack of faith in the front office. I think that the front office of the Packers has their fans interests at heart more than probably most teams in all of team sports.

totally agree with u. but no one said anything to deion sanders or joe montana and they were among the worst when it came to making that decision. but i knew something was wrong. when the old GM left, about 15 main packers corp members left with him. then favre left and more followed.

im a diehard favre fan, have been since i can remember. just like i was a dennis rodman fan and i got shit for it. im trying to see brett play next year in detroit as the tickets were just too high this time. i've never had the chance to see an nfl game because the only markets around are so price shitty, it isnt worth it.

United States
    totally agree with u. but no one said anything to deion sanders or joe montana and they were among the worst when it came to making that decision. but i knew something was wrong. when the old GM left, about 15 main packers corp members left with him. then favre left and more followed.

im a diehard favre fan, have been since i can remember. just like i was a dennis rodman fan and i got shit for it. im trying to see brett play next year in detroit as the tickets were just too high this time. i've never had the chance to see an nfl game because the only markets around are so price shitty, it isnt worth it.
    I am pretty sure that the 49er's just got rid of Montana. There was no "wishy washy" behavior on Montana's part.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I am pretty sure that the 49er's just got rid of Montana. There was no "wishy washy" behavior on Montana's part.

not true. he just didnt have the luxury of every dick having a mic everytime he walked by someone. we all change our minds daily and apparently u cant if ur a football player. deion sanders came back YEARS after he retired and no one gave him any shit.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    So... zombies and American football are going hand-in-festering-hand now? Apple pie, and all that? Geez... if you guys put half the effort into keeping up with pro skateboarders as you do these people... we might be able to have a conversation... And don't give me that "it's kid stuff" line! I've seen three-year-olds in full pads.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    So... zombies and American football are going hand-in-festering-hand now? Apple pie, and all that? Geez... if you guys put half the effort into keeping up with pro skateboarders as you do these people... we might be able to have a conversation... And don't give me that "it's kid stuff" line! I've seen three-year-olds in full pads.

its a bit of a joke sport because as soon as u get on jackass you're a 'pro skateboarder'. it makes tony hawk and all the serious people like him look dumb because of that fact

capncnut
    Um, I do believe Bam Margera was the only pro skateboarder in Jackass. Dave England was a pro snowboarder but that was before the show was even conceived.

Oh and before anyone says, "He was only made pro because of his marketability after Jackass." Nope.

While he is a million miles away from being a top skater (I really dont like the way he incorporates HIM into his videos and products, GAYEST band ever btw) and does not compete at high level tournaments, most amateurs just don't rock it like he does in that vid. Whatever people think of him he's a daring stunt skater and his sponsorship with Element is more than justified.
    Last edited by capncnut; 30-Nov-2009 at 02:27 AM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Um, I do believe Bam Margera was the only pro skateboarder in Jackass. Dave England was a pro snowboarder but that was before the show was even conceived.

Oh and before anyone says, "He was only made pro because of his marketability after Jackass." Nope.

While he is a million miles away from being a top skater (I really dont like the way he incorporates HIM into his videos and products, GAYEST band ever btw) and does not compete at high level tournaments, amateurs just don't rock it like he does in that vid. Whatever people think of him he's a daring skater and his sponsorship with Element is more than justified.

when they get on tv shows, they always put "pro skateboarder" behind their name. whens the last time bam was a serious competitor?

the only one making a legit living and doesnt need to be on the show is rake.

capncnut
    when they get on tv shows, they always put "pro skateboarder" behind their name. whens the last time bam was a serious competitor?
    Like I said above, he does not compete at high level tournaments because it's not really his style. He's more of a 'ollie off garage roof onto burning car below' skater.

Also, you have to consider that the original MTV series of Jackass finished nearly eight years ago and Bam still rides for Element. Okay he probably hasn't competed at any level for a good few years but he still skates at special gigs, bombing it with the likes of Tony Hawk and Mike V, etc.
    Last edited by capncnut; 30-Nov-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Like I said above, he does not compete at high level tournaments because it's not really his style. He's more of a 'ollie off garage roof onto burning car below' skater.

Also, you have to consider that the original MTV series of Jackass finished nearly eight years ago and Bam still rides for Element. Okay he probably hasn't competed at any level for a good few years but he still skates at special gigs, bombing it with the likes of Tony Hawk and Mike V, etc.

i never denied bam was a pro. just said the others werent. it didnt make sense. even steve o was said to be one but in reality he was a circus clown (no joke)

United States
    Wait...wtf is this thread about again?...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Wait...wtf is this thread about again?...
    its about thread jacking which no noe but me gets in the shit can for