Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wooley Speculation

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I think he was just gonna roll through the place and blast anything that didn't look like Phily SWAT.
    Guess I would have been safe then!

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    So the consensus seems to be that after the "mission" was over inside the building, Wooley would just pretty much stop and "go back to normal"?
    I always took it like this. The Wooley character was a little stereotypical, and not a whole lot of time was spent fleshing out his character (and as Dawn was very long to begin this, this is not a problem). So we the audience are just shown a quick glimpse of the man, complaining that in his mind, these lower class people have a better home and stuff than he does (which begs the question, how is that possible? I know police arent millionaires, however he should live better than someone in the projects on his salary, unless he is a drug addict, has a gambling problems, or is divorced and most of his money goes to alimony/child support. Any of those scenarios obviously have nothing to do with people in the projects, but is a comment complaint of the racist type, even now in 2010). He has no sympathy whatsoever that people are frightened during a zombie outbreak, and are refusing to turn over their (dead) loved ones to the authorities, authorities that they might not exactly trust (and with good reason RE: Wooley). "You cant talk em out, you gotta blow em out". Pre-outbreak he was a bitter man, blaming the world for his own shortcomings. Now he has a chance to show "those people" who is in charge. He gets his first taste of shooting people on the roof (other cops are shooting because they are doing their jobs, following orders, they themselves are being shot at, etc., Wooley is shooting cuz he wants to kill some minorities). Then when he gets inside, he has clearly lost it. The "cover" of other police shooting is gone, yet he continues to shoot. Clearly, he has lost it. I think that had Peter/Roger not stopped him, soon thereafter some other cops would have, either because they saw he was crazy and needed to be stopped, or because at some point Wooley may have started just shooting anything that moved, including cops.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Guess I would have been safe then!

Oh man, I laughed so hard at that comment, I think I hurt my spleen!