Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just acquired a PS2 for free!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    oh, and when you get the SNES, try to find a copy of this:
    You can download this on the Wii...AWESOME game!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    godfather, god of war 1 & 2, shadow of the colossus, silent hill (all except The Room), Ico, all the need for speeds

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    for a game that started as a small spin off game Silent hill the room is a very competent game, the story is not as superb as silent hill 2's, but few games are. The story of the supernatural killer and the man trapped in his haunted apartment block was a damn fine story.

Silent hill origins on the other hand...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There all pretty much the same story hells.

Person shows up in Silent hill, goes back and forth between the "real" world and "hell/limbo", rinse repeat.

Actually, imo, the movie laid out the mytholgy of the franchise much more coherently, even if slightly different, for me.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    There all pretty much the same story hells.

Person shows up in Silent hill, goes back and forth between the "real" world and "hell/limbo", rinse repeat.

Actually, imo, the movie laid out the mytholgy of the franchise much more coherently, even if slightly different, for me.

first of the movie is bullshit and loosely based on one characters story, the twon in the films is centralia, not silent hill.

second the games have consistently gotten further away from the same silent hill locations.

silent hill: first game in the series introduces the town in the "old portion"

silent hill 2: on the other side of the lake we see the new silent hill portion that was built later on

silent hill 3: starts in a random mall and eventually ends up in old silent hill.

silent hill 4: set in the neighboring town of south ashfield in a haunted apartment complex with holes leading to twisted versions of the city and occasional portions in the countryside between silent hill and its neighboring town of brahmes

silent hill homecoming: set across the large toluca lake in the town of shepards glen with a small cameo in a hotel in silent hill.

the games are set over a span of about 30 years and in a few places over a whole county with pretty varied stories. one guys looking for his daughter, the other received a letter from his dead wife, another is kidnapped ,sort of, another fights the ghost of a serial killer haunting his apartment and a soldier returns home to find something has started killing the townsfolk.
    Im not saying there completely unique but it beats like 5 games set in raccoon city that ends in running from an explosion y'know?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Guilty as charged!

Touche'.

I can't even defend defend RE on that one.

However, you did do a better job of explaining than the series has done so far.

And if they are so different then they are doing a poor job of distiguishing one game from another for gamers who don't follow it as closely as you do.

Perhaps it's because all the games "look" the same. Imo, that's one problem RE never had. (Although there are many others)

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"