Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christian Tea Party Terrorists.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    So you would defend Timmothy Mcvay and his anti government stance? The Religious wacko's at Waco? The Unibomber then? Any other domestic terrorist's you support? How about that guy who rammed a plane into an IRS building?

There exists no difference between those with the anti government sentiment they displayed and these guys. Worse even these guys are religious fundamentalists to the 10th power. Praising about the end times, confused and willing to kill for a religion (with the exception of Waco those guys were religious nutters too)
    . Explain to me how you can defend ramming a plane into a building because you're too stupid to do your own taxes. Explain how you can defend Waco's madness. Better yet make me understand how you can defend the same type of people that blew up a truck in Oklahoma city and killed hundreds of innocent Americans.

If those attacks were stopped before they happened, would you be defending them?

Terrorism is terrorism and if enough proof is gathered to stop an attack before hand.. Then better.

Have to find proof? their video's and documentation on the site is more then enough to shut them down.

Well Arc I would rather have these scum judged by 12 then their victims carried by six.

I'm not going to sling personal insults at you, this isn't the old HPOTD forum. Grow up
    A terrorist is a terrorist. I just look forward to their torture in order to gain actionable intelligence which if they stick to their positions on the subject, the right wing should be all for it.

But then again when it's their people doing it, it's "different" somehow.

You've been around here long enough to know that debating these points with these people is futile. Do you really think these people care what you think, or are interested in getting along? Obama finally relized that and basically told them to go fuck themselves just like the Bush crowd used to do, and good for him.

They hate gov't and feel any gov't that they did not personnally vote for is illigitimate. It haoppened with Carter, Clinton and now Obama. It's all good when they are running things though.

They like to cite pols and say, that the majority of the American people are against the current healthcare legislation. Where was all this populist sentiment when 70% of the American people were against the two clusterfucks they got us stuck in?

Dick Cheney was infamously quoted that stat and replied, and I quote, "So?"

The same man was also informed that they had run up a record deficit during his administration and he replied, and again i quote, "deficits don't matter".

Isn't it funny how a black guy i now in office and now all these "Patriots" are all in a tizzy over him pretty much doing the same things the previous administration did?

The only difference? He told us he was going to do it. (The following is not sarcasm directed at you personally, just a statement.)

You see, in this country we have things called "elections". In the lead up to these, "elections" candidates campaign and tell the public what they are for and what they intend to do if elected. The people heard what Obama had to say and they heard what McCain had to say and said you know what? We'll go with the calm black man's plan. Then these "elections" are held and they winning candidate/party gets to govern and enact their agenda.

However it seems that it's only fair when it's a conservative agenda.

So what's all this bi partisan bullshit about? They have no intention on getting along. I don't wanna work with them either, I want to crush the intollerant bastards out of existence. That is all.

Last edited by darth los; 30-Mar-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

This may be a less than 3 page record.

Kaoz will approach in the next.... 4 hours.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Russian police are called "militia."
    You're too good, Publius! You always bring something worthwhile to the table, even when joking. Cheers!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post

This may be a less than 3 page record.

Kaoz will approach in the next.... 4 hours.
    You know what the big difference between left and right in this country is hells? Just read the posts. They always resort to name calling and insulting people's intelligence. So If we do set a record with this one it won't our fault.

And for the record, I'm a left leaning independent. While i do agree with some rep positions, most of them just seem illogical.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You know what the big difference between left and right in this country is hells? Just read the posts. They always resort to name calling and insulting people's intelligence. So If we do set a record with this one it won't our fault.

And for the record, I'm a left leaning independent. While i do agree with some rep positions, most of them just seem illogical.

That's very interesting, Los. I'm one of the most Conservative-minded people here and I don't ever recall insulting you or attempting to belittle you in any way, personally, even if I have disdain towards many liberal principles. If anything, I have the utmost respect for your thoughts and your ideas as an educated person that you present yourself as here. I've had mostly rational and educated discussions with you (actually, I can't think of any that were not) even though I fundamentally disagree with many of your politicial ideologies. I think we can both agree that the problem with discussing politics (and the reason these threads are usually locked around the 3-page mark) is because people take politics so personally and instead of discussing political matters / religious matters in educated ways we break down (on BOTH sides) into rhetoric against those who we disagree with instead of the issue itself we disagree upon.

As far as logic, the problem with many liberals is that they do not want to listen to logic that we educated Conservatives (here's looking at you Milton Friedman, Bill Buckley, and the great traditionalists amongst the masses like I) present to them, and thus they retort with their own illogic. The problem on the Conservative side is that there are many who claim to be Republicans/Conservatives who are uneducated idiots who bring the party down into the mire without understanding what the hell they are talking about for their own gain -- and that's something that affects both parties equally. The problem, in many ways, isn't necessarily the political principle but that there are too many idiots arguing about the policial principle in both arenas.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    I have to agree with J.P., there is no political credentials required for looking down one's own nose at the opposition. It unfortunately comes very naturally to people and is also fostered by pundits of all stripes. It's my biggest pet peeve about politics, as it serves only to obfuscate the real issues and focuses on really superficial points and circular logic, and a lot (nowhere near all, but quite a few) of the people who fuel the divides between us know this.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 30-Mar-2010 at 03:45 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    That's very interesting, Los. I'm one of the most Conservative-minded people here and I don't ever recall insulting you or attempting to belittle you in any way, personally, even if I have disdain towards many liberal principles. If anything, I have the utmost respect for your thoughts and your ideas as an educated person that you present yourself as here. I've had mostly rational and educated discussions with you (actually, I can't think of any that were not) even though I fundamentally disagree with many of your politicial ideologies. I think we can both agree that the problem with discussing politics (and the reason these threads are usually locked around the 3-page mark) is because people take politics so personally and instead of discussing political matters / religious matters in educated ways we break down (on BOTH sides) into rhetoric against those who we disagree with instead of the issue itself we disagree upon.

As far as logic, the problem with many liberals is that they do not want to listen to logic that we educated Conservatives (here's looking at you Milton Friedman, Bill Buckley, and the great traditionalists amongst the masses like I) present to them, and thus they retort with their own illogic. The problem on the Conservative side is that there are many who claim to be Republicans/Conservatives who are uneducated idiots who bring the party down into the mire without understanding what the hell they are talking about for their own gain -- and that's something that affects both parties equally. The problem, in many ways, isn't necessarily the political principle but that there are too many idiots arguing about the policial principle in both arenas.

j.p.

God dammitt dude. There's nothing I can say to that. I just want to point out this man's post and how it was intelligently constructed. I was ready for nastiness or some other drama. However, when a person communicates their points clearly, articulately and respectfully, no matter how much you might disagree with them you have to respect them.

I have to commend you for that.

Again, that's what elections are for. We voice our opinios at the ballot box and then hold the officials we elected accountable. None of this incindiary rhetoric that, while most won't take it literally, there are those that will take phrases like, drowning pelosi, getting her ready for the firing line, don't retreat reload and putting crosshairs targetting specific congress people and act on them. And , imo, that is the height of irresponsibility.

We live in very strange times. We have a black president and everything. It only takes one to adversely alter the course of history. Lee harvey Oswald, by all accounts a loser, took out a one of the most iconic transformative figures in our history, again for what always seems like political disagreements. Surhan Surhan did the same to his brother over his policies pertaining to the middle east.

I agree with you and have always said that nothing has caused more stryfe throughout history than politics and religion so it's no suprise that it would do so on these boards as well.

But the key is civility.

Undisclosed
    I do not think Oswald killed him and believe he was just the fall guy. Afterall, he was silienced very quick.

Btw, in before the lock.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Btw, in before the lock.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Is that beore or after the tank crushed him? lolz

United States
    Nice posts everyone, this is actually rather civil for us so far I must say.

More from the CNN Article
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/30/...ex.html?hpt=T2
    "This is a group that I would classify as neither a militia or a Christian group," said Michael Lackomar, a member of the Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia. "They're really a fringe group outside of anything we do.
    "They're more of a private army or a terrorist organization or really just a criminal organization."

Attorney General Eric Holder called it "an insidious plan by anti-government extremists."
    In the "About Us" section of the Hutaree Web site, the group says, "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. All Christians must know this and prepare, just as Christ commanded."
    The Southern Poverty Law Center, an Alabama-based nonprofit organization that monitors hate groups and other fringe organizations, lists the Hutaree as a "Patriot" group militia.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    t's my biggest pet peeve about politics, as it serves only to obfuscate the real issues and focuses on really superficial points and circular logic, and a lot (nowhere near all, but quite a few) of the people who fuel the divides between us know this.
    You're doing very well. Now follow this train of thought to the logical conclusion of why this happens. I know you can do it!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    You're doing very well. Now follow this train of thought to the logical conclusion of why this happens. I know you can do it!
    I've aired my thoughts as to why several times already in many, many a political clam bake gone awry.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I've aired my thoughts as to why several times already in many, many a political clam bake gone awry.
    Then it wouldn't hurt to do so once again because obviously some people just don't get it.

And once they get it, then we can all move it on. OH, PLEASE!