Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rob Zombie to Write/Direct new "Halloween"

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...not sure if I like the idea of that, I'd prefer to see an original Rob Zombie piece (like Devil's Rejects - which was fantastic, soooooo good). Although I will be interested to see where he goes with it. But it seems all rather random and pointless, there's too many Halloween films now and only the first and second were any good.

Hmmm...Michael Myers meets the psychoholic world of Rob Zombie ... hmmm.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkboy
    Yeah I really doubt Sid Haig could really pull it off. I'm guessing Mr. Hopkins may pass on Halloween however...
    Oh, I don't know. He's been known to slum it and go for the paycheck. I mean he did sign on to be in Meet Joe Black.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkboy
    You think so? I think Mr. Zombie is pretty old School when it comes to his films and may just stay a little closer to the basic Myers being crazy angle. I'm not a huge fan of his films but I like the guy when I've seen him in interviews and he knows his old horror (read: PRE 1950's horror) films. I think 'White Zombie' is his fave film of all time.
    I know that he has a fondness for the Universal classic era of horror, but if you look at House of 1000 Corpses, which he had complete control over, he opted for more recent inspiration like Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Funhouse.

He stated that it would be a reboot, unlike the original series, which leads me to believe that it will be a little more than stalking and slashing. Since I don't think he'll go the completely supernatural route, some good old fashioned satanism could show up.

Sid Haig as Loomis would be pretty silly. If he casts anything like he did with his prior two films, Dr. Loomis will be played by none other than Burt Reynolds

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    Maybe that's what Zombie meant when he said his reboot/reimagining/remake of Halloween is going to be done differently instead of going by the numbers. I know with Aja's remake of The Hills Have Eyes some saw it as a vast improvement style-wise over that of Craven's. Maybe the same might be said about Zombie's remake of Carpenter's classic.
    The only way I would accept Rob Zombie doing a "reboot" of Halloween would be for him to no characters whatsoever except Michael Myers. Since Halloween does happen to be my favorite horror series I take this a little personally. To me it's like having Tony Scott remake Day of the Dead. Honestly I was not impressed with Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses. House was just a bad movie and DR was just lame (all 20 people in the theater seemed to agree when they kept asking when this piece of sh*t would be over). I'd just rather have somebody with a more respectable background to do it, or save the trouble and $30 million and not make the movie in the first place and let the series be.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aja's remake of The Hills Have Eyes was really cool I thought, I loved it. I have the original as well, and it's clearly not one of Craven's best works, it's like Last House On The Left rejigged for mainstream audiences. Hills06 was really very good, great script (at last! a good horror script in our present time!), was pieced together expertly and fantastic special effects by KNB ... and it was insanely violent, I myself was shocked - roll on June 20th for the unrated release says I!

Oh yeh, if you haven't already, check out Aja's previous flick "High Tension" ("Haute Tension" / "Switchblade Romance"). I got it for my birthday recently and it's a really good horror movie, the attack on the car near the end is just fantastic and is similarly well written and pieced together like Hills06.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    According to http://www.halloweenmovies.com the official Halloween site, Rob Zombie is set to Write and direct the next Halloween film. He plans to "reimagine" and "reinvigorate" the series. I really think this is bad for one reason. The series has already split off 2 times, we really don't need another timeline to follow. Just make something to fit all the Myers films together and end the series that has become so horrible!
    Never the less I bet his version will be great. I do not have time to visit that link but is it a remake or a new movie all together?