Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: List your recent Blu-Ray purchases

England
    A friend of mine brought me back the Deadwood The Complete Series from the States (13 discs). A thing of beauty but expensive. Cost me £110 but its well worth it. The PQ is outstanding.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    A discount on top of the pre-viewed Blockbuster Blu Ray deals? Damn Deej....what are you paying? Three dollars per disc?
    Anywhere from $3.50 to $7.40 per used Blu-Ray. Pays to have friends in the biz.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    grabbed kickass and district 9 for £20 in blockbuster, theyve got a deal going on, certain ones are 2 for 20 including those 2 and fight club, book of eli, teh dark knight, texas chainsaw massacre, memento, shaun of the dead, hero- the jet li film which is bueatiful in SD, gotta grab this one sometime, crash, reservoir dogs, the transporter 1 and 2, hot fuzz, the fly, dawn 2004, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, juno, equilibrium, american psycho, se7en, austin powers, phone booth, and the rocky horror picture show.

Not bad brand new for £!2 each, plus theyve got a £45 region free blu-ray player instore on sale now too.

To be honest i still prefer blockbuster where one of there older copies can go for £2.99 but if you want something more recent for a bit cheaper its still good.

Plus its nice to see the price of box sets dropping for tv shows, im still buying dvd sets because £69 for every season of lost on dvd compared for £199 for the blu-ray is no contest regardless of picture quality y'know? that said they've got stuff like a series of trueblood or band of brothers for £25 on blu-ray now. my usual perfect price for my cheap ass is £15 to £20 so there getting to a damn reasonable price. Just waiting for the lost complete collection to drop to £70- which they always do when they aint selling so well round near me and thats my first tv show blu ray purchase.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    At least your blockbuster is cheaper. Ours will charge new retail price for used Blu-Rays sometimes you have to tell the managers the prices are too high and point them towards a new one for less before they price adjust.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

My recent haul includes

Beetleguise
    The Departed (replaced broken HD DVD)
    Let Me In
    Death Race
    Death Race 2
    Repo Men
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's bullshit that Beetlejuice still hasn't received the proper special edition treatment. The only thing on the Blu Ray is a few epiosdes of the cartoon. LONG overdue for a good documentary and commentary...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    At least your blockbuster is cheaper. Ours will charge new retail price for used Blu-Rays sometimes you have to tell the managers the prices are too high and point them towards a new one for less before they price adjust.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

My recent haul includes

Beetleguise
    The Departed (replaced broken HD DVD)
    Let Me In
    Death Race
    Death Race 2
    Repo Men

seriously, TWO MU'FUKKIN POUNDS for blu-rays even if the cases might be slightly less than brand spankin new thats a fucking steal. Imagine, taking like 20 dollars out your wallet and your getting 6 or 7 blu-rays. feelsgoodman.jpg

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Picked up Danny Boyle's 127 Hours and Bambi. Because I doubt that anyone cares about Bambi, I'll just say that you should buy 127 Hours. This may be the best looking blu ray since The Dark Knight's Imax scenes. It really is beautiful. The special features are pretty good as well - A 40 minute making of, "Search and Rescue" about the real story, and as is always the case with Boyle....a very interesting commentary track.

And of course it's a good movie, so I would say it's a definite purchase if you're a collector. 4.5/5 for the blu ray.
    Last edited by bassman; 02-Mar-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: .

United States
    ^^^^^^^^^

Heys! Bambi is awesome!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^

Heys! Bambi is awesome!
    I didn't think many would care. I got it for my daughter, as I do with most of the remastered Disney blu rays, and she absolutely loves it. I enjoy it too. the amount of work Disney puts into these restorations is amazing. Sucha stunning picture for such an old classic. The special features are plentiful, as well. If you're a fan or have kids, this should be an instant purchase.

United States
    How your daughter take Bambi's mom's death?

Made me almost breakdown like baby.