Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4

England
    Prof. Thats a huge spoiler mate. Can you edit your post please.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    sorry, man. what day of the week does it air over there?

seriously, though, the scenes with hank so far this season have really been building up to something big...

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    sorry, man. what day of the week does it air over there?
    Not sure Prof, but i watch it on a Monday morning. I don't work Mondays so the mornings are very special when TWD is on as well.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow. Last night's episode was superb. Never expected that particular ending.

Where exactly was Mike shot? I don't think I ever saw the actual wound, just blood splatters. With one season left there's a pretty good indication that Gus will pull through, but i'm not so sure about Mike.

Also....chalk up another body for Jesse...

United States
    yep, more top-shelf television last night. the music selections in this show are also always amazing. the riff playing last night while the camera followed gus was perfect for the scene. i'm sure the writers have a few more tricks in store for us, so the end of this season is bound to be epic.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Wow. Last night's episode was superb. Never expected that particular ending.

Where exactly was Mike shot? I don't think I ever saw the actual wound, just blood splatters. With one season left there's a pretty good indication that Gus will pull through, but i'm not so sure about Mike.

Also....chalk up another body for Jesse...

It looked to me like he took it in the side the way he was struggling to get in the car

MY HOME CINEMA

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Its the best show on tv right now and last episode was awesome.

United States
    man, that ending....pretty haunting. hard to tell what's gonna happen next. the next two episodes are titled "endtimes" and "face off".

as for this season in general so far, i was pretty far off when i predicted this gus situation would be resolved early in the season. i didn't realize how connected and prepared gus was, and continues to be. surely something must be coming down very soon, and i imagine it will be epic.

and i find it funny that AMC's marketing strategy was to proclaim walt to be "the danger" and his whole speech to skyler about being "the one who knocks", when in reality, this whole season (to this point at least), he's been, as junior would say, "a p-p-pussy!". however, based on the promo aired at the end of the episode, it looks as if walt may be ready to finally take some drastic action to live up to his words.

damn, this show never ceases to blow my socks off every single fucking week.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 26-Sep-2011 at 06:38 AM. Reason: suck it, trebek.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, that ending was disturbing.

As for my sure-to-be-wrong prediction for the last two episodes of the season:

They made a point to have Walt stare at Jesse's girlfriend and kid(just like they did Bineke's bunched up rug). Something about it just clicked with me as, "Okay....they're obviously forshadowing something". So my theory is that Walt will somehow involve them in order to get Jesse back on his side and kill Gus. Maybe kidnap? Or maybe they'll learn too much and Gus will involve them?

Question as well - Why is Walt freaking out so bad? Sure, I would be scared, but Gus told him he would leave his family alone if he stayed away from the business and Jesse. So why is Walt acting like he IS GOING to kill his family when Gus said he would if Walt tried to come back? Walt's got a car wash, he's got money, just call it quits and go back to your life. Of course that would make for boring television, but you know what I mean. Maybe I missed a line of dialogue from Gus or something...

Anyway....of course we're going to get a badass cliffhanger at the end of the season. Just to have to wait a full year to see the conclusion(). Could it be walt shooting at Gus? I've kept seeing a shot in the previews with Walt shooting directly at the camera. Very much like Jesse did at the end of the last season. Maybe that would make a nice parallel. Unless they've already used that shot in this season and I'm forgetting it.

BTW - The first three seasons of Breaking Bad is now on streaming netflix for anyone interested. One bad ass tv show with the click of a button. And no waiting between episodes, which is driving me nuts.
    Last edited by bassman; 26-Sep-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: .

United States
    @ bassman:

unless i'm mistaken, gus told walt he'd kill his family if walt tried to interfere with gus's handling of hank, whom walter was supposed to take care of but has failed. from the way the episode ended, walt had saul place the call to the DEA warning about a threat to hank's life, so walt directly went against what gus told him not to do

and yeah, i can't see this season ending without walt and jesse becoming allies again, but i doubt it will be because of any trickery by walt. jesse is likely to come to his senses and read between the lines about what will happen down the road if things continue to progress the way they have recently.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 26-Sep-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: rubber baby buggy bumpers

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ah, yes. Totally forgot the Hank situation between last night and this morning. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

They made a point to have Walt stare at Jesse's girlfriend and kid(just like they did Bineke's bunched up rug). Something about it just clicked with me as, "Okay....they're obviously forshadowing something". So my theory is that Walt will somehow involve them in order to get Jesse back on his side and kill Gus. Maybe kidnap? Or maybe they'll learn too much and Gus will involve them?
    Hot damn, I'm good.

I'm really sad next Sunday is the last episode of this season. Only one season left. Hell, if I had to choose I rather TWD end instead of BB....
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Oct-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: .

United States
    bb would overstay its welcome i think if it went on longer than next season. while i can't deny that the show just keeps getting better, it's bound to peak sooner or later. it's better to burn out than fade away....just imagine if in season 8 walt jr was helping dad cook.

about last night's episode, a few things sorta bothered me:

first, the ambiguity about

how brock was given the ricin, as many message boards i frequent are filled with theories about it being walt...i don't buy that for a minute, given how terrible walt felt a few episodes back about everything that's gone down between him and jesse...but if not walt, how the fuck did gus do it? and i really don't think it was ricin, walt at one time said that shit took days to kick in, yet jesse had only lost that special cigarette that very day. different poison? maybe the type used down in mexico? did the kid just try one of jesse's smokes and get the lucky one? i'm hoping some of the missing pieces from that puzzle show up next week.

also, no mention of the whole ted situation was a bit odd. supposedly, vince gilligan did an interview last week and confirmed that ted did in fact die. i've not read the interview myself, but many people were referring to it last night on a site i was visiting. no word on mike's condition, either....hmm.

finally, wtf is up with

gus and his spider-sense tingling? perhaps the way jesse reacted and behaved when gus and his goons visited him in the hospital tipped him off that maybe jesse's loyalty to walt was still strong enough that he'd side with walt over the shit-storm about to unleash on the fring empire. i really hope gus dies next week, along with that tyrus creep.

even with those minor gripes, it was still a great episode, like always. the tension is almost at a boiling point right now, can't wait to see how they wrap this season up!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sweet baby jesus! Just when I thought this show couldn't have any better moments, they pull this sh*t out of the hat. "Two Face"(), operation shut down, etc. WOW. Greatest show on television. HANDS DOWN. Can't wait to see the next season.

"I won".

United States
    yeah, that episode had a lot to live up to in my mind, and i wasn't let down.

gus and tryus dying in that fashion was very satisfying. i almost cringed when gus strolled out, thinking "how the fuck did he survive that?" but once i saw the nurses' reactions, along with the reveal of his face, i almost jumped off the couch with joy.

walt's plan, including the poisoning of brock, was pretty impressive. hopefully he doesn't get drunk around jesse and let this slip out, like he almost did about jane, and similarly how he got hank re-invigorated for the blue meth case. dude needs to keep his mouth shut when he's buzzed up.

however, the fact that no mention of dead ted was made kinda let me down a bit....wonder if that will work its way into next season? and what about mike down in mexico? and did walt think about somehow deleting all the footage of him in the laundry lab? a few loose ends to tie up next season....plus the DEA's investigation into the incident and hank surely has to figure walt out....

and here's an interview with vince gilligan that looks back at this season, its ending, and even hints a bit about what to possibly expect for the rest of the series. at one point, he mentions that this season and its last episode, in particular, were wrote and finished before they even had a contract for the final season (seasons, if they make two 8-episode runs), so they wanted it to be a fitting end to the series, if need be. worth a look for fans of the show:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...rtems-season-4