Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight zombies in an abandoned shopping mall

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Look at that, fuckin' rumbled before we got there!!
    Hahahaha no worries, I don't care which bit gets filmed as long as I get a bit of footage to post here - so that's completely OK with me.

Anyone remember Alien War? Goddamn if only we had camera phones back then....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Its a fair point I suppose, it would kind of spoil it if you watched a full walkthrough of it on Youtube prior to the event. Would be good if it was filmed and sent to you on a DVD months after the event though a bit like skydives are.

Super Moderator

United States
    Let's just focus on the important part: Symph, which characters are you and your girlfriend dressing up as to kill zombies? Do you guys own SWAT-blue tactical jump suits?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Let's just focus on the important part: Symph, which characters are you and your girlfriend dressing up as to kill zombies? Do you guys own SWAT-blue tactical jump suits?
    Let's not get too carried away else she might need to be up the duff!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Let's not get too carried away else she might need to be up the duff!
    I have to go consult my Brit to 'Merkin dictionary before I comment.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    LOL
    about 10 years ago I remember seeing what was allegedly the Swat Uniforms from Dawn of the Dead (Peter and Roger's) - but part of me said it was a fake...still...looking back on it I should've bought them both....goddamnit!!!

I think I can muster up some sort of plaid shirt, maybe some tan brown trousers - I've got the career and arguably the attitude of "token media dickhead" - so I could go as Stephen...

The old lady isn't planning on being up the duff though...She's usually the one dressing up as a zombie for halloween (ironically, something I've never done) - but that could be confusing....
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Twitching

United States
    I'm not terribly familiar with the sport but,
    Down here in Florida they do Airsoft-use Zombie Apocalypse scenarios every October, most of which I've heard are in cool, lot of effort put in to construction inside a warehouse or other large indoor spaces. Even a couple expensive events using (get this) bank-rented multi-story mansions they've foreclosed on.

Another system I'm not real familiar with (may be the same thing as Airsoft, dunno) are the glow-in-the-dark waxy splat-bullets used by some PDs for live-fire training in a non-risk-oriented setting. GearsofWarpaintball does these in a bunch of different varieties of events and locations.

Just thought I'd mention it, since someone mentioned the UK zombie-shooting event was unique, and I thought some of my fellow Americans might want to know such zombie goodness IS available in at least some areas of the U.S.

Another example: Salem, MA has a town-wide event starting after the 1st week of October that goes into the 1st week of November called Haunted Happenings. It's basically a 3-4 week long Halloween that supports the economy of 75% of Salem the rest of the year. They've got everything from the best haunted houses in the WORLD, done by 1st-rate FX companies, to various sort of interactive horror-themed events...including a Nerf-gun using zombie hunting scenario a couple years back.

My point is that I'm sure a bit of due diligence would reveal the existence and location of more of these sorts of events. Particularly in October. Just an attempted helpful FYI.

Dead

United States
    So, then what does "up the duff" mean? I looked it up and it says it means to be pregnant.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    So, then what does "up the duff" mean? I looked it up and it says it means to be pregnant.
    Up the duff means pregnant. Aces suggested Symph and his girlfriend needed to dress up as characters from Dawn... To which I replied not to get too carried away else his girlfriend would need to be "up the duff" (life Fran)!?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    So we're booked in for August 4th - there's no availability before that really.

If anyone does decide to also go and wants to meet give me a shout and I'll re-arrange the day if possible, as I think 4th of August is totally booked now.

We're playing squash a few times a week until we go...I'm so totally out of stamina so I need to build up a bit of resistance...!

Administrator

England
    ^^ Exciting! You get to be the HPotD roving reporter for the day
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    So cool, Symph. What will you be doing before hand to get in the mood? Just Dawn, or a marathon the night before?

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post

We're playing squash a few times a week until we go...I'm so totally out of stamina so I need to build up a bit of resistance...!
    Jazzersize to the Gonk at least once a day!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    How are you connected to the event exactly?

Seems its getting a lot of attention, with even the Sun posting an article, so is it proving popular? If so, do you think "The Walking Dead" series has helped too?
    I'm one of the guys who runs the events at the mall site. For those who attend, I'll be dressed as a police officer and carrying a gun. A big gun.

It's very popular and lots of things such as TV, film and video games have helped propel zombies into the public eye.

Cheers,

Zed.

Administrator

England
    http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/26/ho...ience-portrait

It wasn’t supposed to end like this. Three of us have been separated from the main group and we’re low on ammo. Trapped in an abandoned store, they’re coming at us from all sides. The undead, if indeed that’s what they are can’t be stopped. Even when we take them down, they’re rising up again. With one last gasp we make a break for it, heading into the darkness, shooting fast and aiming for the body, then stepping past the crumpled mess of half-decayed creatures that have been tracking us all day.
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    i seen that on the site dude i want that. it looks real fun.