Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesus, Mary and Joseph....the HEAT!!!!

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    But he invented the internet so what he's saying in his movie must mean its important and an inconvenient truth.

that's both true and not. Gore said he did something inaine with computers, but it wasn't "invent the internet". i'll have to dig up with direct quote.

either or he's an asshat, campaigning on bad science for sake of some BS end.

Quote Originally Posted by coma
    Actually He said he helped fund the inverntors of the internet and was instrumental in it's creation.
    And that's an absolute fact.
    The misquote is absolute smear propaganda.

"why i already know al gore is a fraking asshat, and that the planet is still emerging from an ice age."
    You and 2 "scientists" who work for Exxon believe that.

C'mon!
    Sheesh

thanks for the quote, i was looking for that.

yep me, two scientists from exxon, a friend that teaches at Yale, and anyone else taht can understand prehistoic geology.

sorry. but in the 60s everyone was on about global cooling. now it's reversed. the fact of the matter is our climate is heating up because we are in fact still emerging from the previous iceage. green houses gasses my in fact be contributing to this condition. but they are not the root cause, nor are they going to kill us all.

in the short term all that's going to happen is beach errosion, increased tropical storms, and more thawing in Canada and northern russia.

But in 200-300 years northern canada and russia/china will have some of the best farm land on the planet.

doomsday indeed.
    Last edited by p2501; 14-Jul-2006 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Canada
    it's about 30 degrees celcius right now...hell, yesterday it was 30 out with 96% humidity...and people say that Canada is just a frozen wasteland...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    This morning in Wash DC the humidity was at 77% which is fricking brutal. The Temp was already 78 Degrees F, and we are expected to reach 96 today with a heat index of 103.

Not for nothing, but when I was younger I don't remember summers being this hot or humid... WTF?
    DJ - I hear you. College Park was roasting....and I have a black car. At least I passed on the leather interior. There's nothing quite like summer heat, leather seats and shorts.
    A penny for the old guy.

Undisclosed
    I just wanted to step in here again and say "ha...hahahaha..."

Thanks for the laugh.
    http://zombie-a-gogo.blogspot.com/

Zombie-A-GoGo
    News, Reviews, Interviews, and More!

"Please don't beat Teddy."--Teddy, Night of the Seagulls

Super Moderator

United States
    It wouldn't be Summer without some heat & humidity. Crank up those ACs and pop in some DVDs. If you're going to work in an office, you may have to resort to the unthinkable...SHORT SLEAVE DRESS SHIRTS!!!

Yes, short sleave dress shirts, the garment of choice for refrigerator salesmen everywhere. I, myself, will never be that desperate, but some of you may have a lower tolerance for heat and less self respect than I do
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 14-Jul-2006 at 11:30 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    thanks for the quote, i was looking for that.

in the short term all that's going to happen is beach errosion, increased tropical storms, and more thawing in Canada and northern russia.
    You dissed me, but it made me laugh. So that's cool.
    For the record I didn't vote for Gore. I wanted to smack him and his harpie wife.

All that erosion is still pretty bad. And your right about changing theories. I have heard evidence from many sources that seemed compelling to me, andI am convinced for the time being that Global Warming is occuring. How immediately dire, I don't know. And your Yale friend is obviously more qualified than me,so who knows. and looking at my post, it seems (though it wasn't my intention) to be a bit rude. So excuse me.

Her's the Gore quote
    Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, which implies that he engineered the technology. The invention occurred in the seventies and allowed scientists in the Defense Department to communicate with each other. In a March 1999 interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gore said, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

(thats it's so removed from "invented the internet" I refered to it as smear propoganda. Like him or not, it's a purposeful distortion)
    Some More Info...
    But the real question is what, if anything, did Gore actually do to create the modern Internet? According to Vincent Cerf, a senior vice president with MCI Worldcom who's been called the Father of the Internet, "The Internet would not be where it is in the United States without the strong support given to it and related research areas by the Vice President in his current role and in his earlier role as Senator."

The inventor of the Mosaic Browser, Marc Andreesen, credits Gore with making his work possible. He received a federal grant through Gore's High Performance Computing Act. The University of Pennsylvania's Dave Ferber says that without Gore the Internet "would not be where it is today."

Joseph E. Traub, a computer science professor at Columbia University, claims that Gore "was perhaps the first political leader to grasp the importance of networking the country. Could we perhaps see an end to cheap shots from politicians and pundits about inventing the Internet?"

Here is the link with a full article and explanation
    http://www.perkel.com/politics/gore/internet.htm
    Last edited by coma; 14-Jul-2006 at 08:44 PM.

Fiji
    NO worries all around.

in all fairness the arguement over global warming is a dick measuring contest between peopel that want grant funding. GW is an easy way to score a few hundred thousand bucks to run a "study" on GW in order to "project" it's trend.

in laymans terms you reiterate the same BS someone else published. it's why so much of the same inconsiquential data is recycled. and frankly the fact most of it only goes back maybe 1,000 years makes it all the more suspect.

yes the planet is heating up. but no were not all going to die.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just got back from tour a couple of weeks ago and we were in some damn hot spots around the country. I love the summer and the heat but New Orleans was pretty close to unbearable. We were there for three days and all three days it was 94 degrees with 100% humidity and not a cloud in the sky. Holy crap, you could cut the air with a knife.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    I just got back from tour a couple of weeks ago.
    Tour for what? You're in a band I guess. Details please! Curious.

And its hot as hell here. Ugh

United States
    Worst drought here in decades. Water level in some of our lakes is 35 feet below normal.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Worst drought here in decades. Water level in some of our lakes is 35 feet below normal.
    I was on the NOAA site earlier checking out this heat wave - it stretches from you down to Texas; I'm right in the middle ----- as I type, it's 96 degrees f at 2:06 pm - climbing toward that 100!!! going to get hotter as we near Thursday.
    Some reports are claiming it's the hottest this summer than has been for many many moons.

Administrator

England
    The biggest storms, the most storms, the most floods, the worst floods, the hottest summers.... There's a pattern...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    The biggest storms, the most storms, the most floods, the worst floods, the hottest summers.... There's a pattern...
    Ok, Al Gore.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDNA
    Ok, Al Gore.
    another al gore post?, was manbearpig on today or somethin'?

United States
    One town in the state hit 120 degrees this weekend. It's a new record high temp for this region.