Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another heated election...

Super Moderator

UK
    Interesting you should mention the "making deals" with the Dem's aspect, when we had the general election in 2005, and Labour lost a bunch of seats and the Conservatives regained some ground it put the current, Labour, gubment in a position where they need the votes of the Conservative party to get any big things pushed through ... yet Labour are still insistent on pushing as much garbage through the system as they possibly can, they govern by sledgehammering away in such a scattergun fashion. Even if Britain stood up and said "NO!!!!!!" they'd think we we're all for it.

Philly - indeed, even though they get booted out from one position, they'll find another, or find a less-public-eye job to work in. They always weasel their way back in, when they "resign" they're just being hired for another job straight away - heck, even if they were out of work for a while they've got plenty of money saved up to rely on. And yep, same here, you'll see a lot of familiar faces hanging around for quite some time, perhaps they become less public as time wears on, but they creep out of the woodwork now and then, sitting in the "back benches" as it's known over here.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Interesting you should mention the "making deals" with the Dem's aspect, when we had the general election in 2005, and Labour lost a bunch of seats and the Conservatives regained some ground it put the current, Labour, gubment in a position where they need the votes of the Conservative party to get any big things pushed through ... yet Labour are still insistent on pushing as much garbage through the system as they possibly can, they govern by sledgehammering away in such a scattergun fashion. Even if Britain stood up and said "NO!!!!!!" they'd think we we're all for it.
    Alot of that is pushing laws that one party knows won't get through just so , at next election, say they didn't vote for it and up their own conservative/liberal credentials.

One thing they do here is , say, have a "free money for everyone" law. Everybody wants free money. But one party will attach a ammendment to "kill all the cutest kittens".
    When the anti Kitty killers vote against the fine print add on they are ,of course, against "free money" and soft on "free money". That may be a dumb example, but no dumber than most tard o law packagaes. it a big scam insuring nothing good will ever happen
    Last edited by coma; 08-Nov-2006 at 04:46 PM.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    One thing they do here is , say, have a "free money for everyone" law. Everybody wants free money. But one party will attach a ammendment to "kill all the cutest kittens".
    When the anti Kitty killers vote against the fine print add on they are ,of course, against "free money" and soft on "free money". That may be a dumb example, but no dumber than most tard o law packagaes. it a big scam insuring nothing good will ever happen
    Not a dumb example at all, that's literally how it works LOL

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye I saw something like that on The Simpson's - the attaching smaller laws to other laws, which end up f*cking both over - I think that's the most retarded idea I've ever heard of, that is a measure that should be taken out ... although I suppose it could be used for good ... probably...

Undisclosed
    Mighty handy in appropriations bills.

"I'd like to fund some research, sir."

"Well, okay, but you're going to have to stick some M-80's up really cute kittens asses, and put the pictures on the front page of the Times."

"Uh..."

"C'mon kid, it's politics. Or, if you prefer, we can go back there and I'll stick it..."

Most people who want to run things shouldn't be trusted as a crossing guard.