Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The creepiest thing about the Romero's tetralogy...

Undisclosed
    Back to the initial topic...I've wondered at times how one would arrange their sleeping arrangements in a zombie world. A lot of folks die in their sleep, especially the elderly. Wouldn't it be wise for folks to sleep in different quarters? And if the technology was available, every sleeping quarter have a combination lock (electronic or otherwise) that would lock you in, and only you could open it, and since zombies can't fathom the idea of number combinations or codewords (unless your as sharp as Bub or Big Daddy) you can be safely detained if you do turn?
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Kitler View Post
    Back to the initial topic...I've wondered at times how one would arrange their sleeping arrangements in a zombie world. A lot of folks die in their sleep, especially the elderly. Wouldn't it be wise for folks to sleep in different quarters? And if the technology was available, every sleeping quarter have a combination lock (electronic or otherwise) that would lock you in, and only you could open it, and since zombies can't fathom the idea of number combinations or codewords (unless your as sharp as Bub or Big Daddy) you can be safely detained if you do turn?
    Excellent idea, Mein Furhur! First time I have ever seen this idea brought up. Rep points to you! ..........errrr...........well, kudos anyway!

Undisclosed
    Adolf,

Big time here. Great suggestion! Too bad Romero never depicted such sequence...
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Undisclosed
    Something else to consider. Best case scenario. The living defeat the dead and the world, as we know it, stays pretty much intact. How will morgues, hospitals, nursing homes and crime scenes be handled? Will patients be strapped down at all times? Will there be armed guards at the Peaceful Villa Retirement Home? Armed guards in the operating rooms? Will everyone have a firearm on their person, just in case of whatever? Maybe monitoring devices like those used in "Battle Royale"? If you go flatline, the collar explodes, or somehow severs the head from the body? What new inventions would be neccitated for life in a world where the dead rise?

Even in a best case scenario, it would still be a drastically changed world, and probably set up as a police state. And people being people, you'd have more outbreaks that could be totally prevented.
    Last edited by Adolf Kitler; 24-Nov-2006 at 02:08 PM.

Undisclosed
    Adolf,

NICE! You have to write a damn fan fiction!

Something else to consider. Best case scenario. The living defeat the dead and the world, as we know it, stays pretty much intact. How will morgues, hospitals, nursing homes and crime scenes be handled? Will patients be strapped down at all times? Will there be armed guards at the Peaceful Villa Retirement Home? Armed guards in the operating rooms? Will everyone have a firearm on their person, just in case of whatever? Maybe monitoring devices like those used in "Battle Royale"? If you go flatline, the collar explodes, or somehow severs the head from the body? What new inventions would be neccitated for life in a world where the dead rise?

Even in a best case scenario, it would still be a drastically changed world, and probably set up as a police state. And people being people, you'd have more outbreaks that could be totally prevented.
    It seems to me that this is the realistic scenario a Zombie Outbreak would truly cause... or not? Maybe our beloved GAR scenario is just a nihilistic depiction, or a romantic one as you prefer to think...
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 24-Nov-2006 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Undisclosed
    Since I already started blabbing...how would the state of religion change? Would folks start attending church more (I'm sure many would)? Would new religions sprout up? Or would the whole zombie phenomenon turn many from believing in any higher power? I know that you can't fit a lot of these ideas into a two hour movie, and credit to GAR for touching on it in Dawn, Day and Land through the comments of Peter, John and Cholo...I just wish it could have been explored more, if for no other reason than it would bring what would be a very important issue to the survivors in his zombie world. I find it hard to believe that,if the dead were to walk in OUR world, that even the staunchest of atheists wouldn't, even for a split second, say a prayer or ask "why?" to a higher power.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    ... or pentalogy, or whatever it will become in the future to come (let's hope for three more movies).

The good, the bad, the ugly, the wise, the survivor, the hero, the criminal, the mother****er... everyone is going to turn into a Living Dead, no matter what. Soon or later.

Riley and all the "good" characters who preceded him in the saga (Sarah comes to mind, or even Barbara). They are ALL doomed to become Zombies as well.

It scares the **** out of me. This is a saga where there are no winners. The pinnacle of the nihilism.
    If people stay hidden long enough we should survive and prevail. The problem with humans and these movies is we(humans) are always unsettled, people fight, things get crazy, and before you know it zombies are taking over your safehouse do to someone slipping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yashka View Post
    I think Michael Jackson already qualifies as one of the living dead. He's practically embalmed.
    LOL. That has to be one of the funniest things I have heard so far on HPOTD.
    Last edited by HLS; 26-Nov-2006 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

England
    BassMan, Have you seen the exteneded dvd for Land? A suicide came back from the dead, and he hadn't been bitten.
    Last edited by dracenstein; 02-Dec-2006 at 04:49 PM.
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dracenstein View Post
    BassMan, Have you seen the exteneded dvd for Land? A suicide came back from the dead, and he hadn't been bitten.

True.

United States
    Since I already started blabbing...how would the state of religion change? Would folks start attending church more (I'm sure many would)? Would new religions sprout up? Or would the whole zombie phenomenon turn many from believing in any higher power? I know that you can't fit a lot of these ideas into a two hour movie, and credit to GAR for touching on it in Dawn, Day and Land through the comments of Peter, John and Cholo...I just wish it could have been explored more, if for no other reason than it would bring what would be a very important issue to the survivors in his zombie world. I find it hard to believe that,if the dead were to walk in OUR world, that even the staunchest of atheists wouldn't, even for a split second, say a prayer or ask "why?" to a higher power.
    Either God hates us, There is only Satan, or Satan and God are the same is a conclusion some might reach. I think that many may see it as evidence of a higher power, but a higher power that few would want to worship.

Materialists loves their Mall and Church goers would probably fill the Churches with Zombies.

I have also thought about Natural Death. Dying in your sleep might be good for the person who dies, but Doom for the ones that are around them.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

Materialists loves their Mall and Church goers would probably fill the Churches with Zombies.
    That's why I'm puzzled by GAR's inclusion of the nun zombie in Dawn. If the zombies were supposedly attracted to the mall (as Peter guessed) then what was a nun and a hari krishna doing there? Wouldn't the nun be drawn to a chapel and the krishna drawn to a airport terminal?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post

and Church goers would probably fill the Churches with Zombies.
    heh, i stil have a half finished zombie novel on my pc were a mad priest was doing that "tending to his flock till the 4 horsemen drew nigh"...or something like that.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    They wouldn't become a zombie when they die if someone was there to put one between their eyes or they did it theirselves, then they wouldn't come back.

Especially if you used the new 'Dawn of the Dead' rules where if you die and you weren't bitten by one of the ghouls, you stayed dead. (Stupid.)

Dawg
    That type of infection suggests it is a virus, similar to Resident Evil that causes the Zombies. However, its never officially been announced what causes the dead to rise in Romero's films. I do like that aspect...

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    heh, i stil have a half finished zombie novel on my pc were a mad priest was doing that "tending to his flock till the 4 horsemen drew nigh"...or something like that.
    Wow, that's pretty coincidental. A similar scene happens in a story I'm writing myself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    does the priest try to kill the protagonists in yours too?