Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Diary exist?

capncnut
    Either way, this lack of solid information can only mean one of two things.

1. The film is not going according to plan, whatever the reason.
    2. GAR is being deliberately tight-lipped 'cos he plans to blow us away unexpectedly with an amazing movie.

I wonder what one it is?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It could be a combination of both.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'd say tight-lipped just to be tight-lipped. There wasn't a shedload of info for Land of the Dead, well there was some, but not a downfall like you have with some. He probably wants to keep the surprises fresh, so he makes a bigger splash with a smaller movie, rather than a small splash from a small movie because he's been leaking info for months, like some, I duno ... *glances at hellsing knowingly with reference in-tow* "LEAKY ASS".

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    True. As we saw with snakes on a plane , a movie can be overhyped and then end up disapointing when a little less exposure probably would have benefitted the film. It's a fine line between the right amount of publicity and oversaturation.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    True. As we saw with snakes on a plane , a movie can be overhyped and then end up disapointing when a little less exposure probably would have benefitted the film. It's a fine line between the right amount of publicity and oversaturation.
    On the lower side of promo, with a film like Diary anyway, would do more to help its chances I'd say.

Super Moderator

United States
    Am I the only one who is getting bad vibes about Diary? I hope I'm wrong.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think it's gonna be good. I'm excited to see how the master reboots the series. He's starting from scratch. That also implies that he'll continue making them based of this first new one. We might have a new triology on our hands. Hope he does a better job than lucas did.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I am also excited, but do have to wonder what the holdup is. Seems to me that it would kind of suck if it ends up as a direct-to-video release. Not that the film itself would suck, but that it would such for GAR.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I am also excited, but do have to wonder what the holdup is. Seems to me that it would kind of suck if it ends up as a direct-to-video release. Not that the film itself would suck, but that it would such for GAR.

I just want Gar to get a big payday of atleast on of his zombie films. I mean he's gotten ass raped at every turn. It's just not right. Everybody has made money off of it but him. It seems to me that he might just be waiting for the right time so he can make his money. I don't think anyone here can fault him for that considering what he's been through. He should be much richer than he is considering the impact his films have had on the movie industry and pop culture in general.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Although I remember hearing him say, in a round-abouts kinda way, that he got paid a boat load of money to write Resident Evil, but then the script wasn't even used, and that's happened a few times, right a script, get paid, but then it's not actually filmed.

I think he might be kinda modest about his earnings, I doubt he's on the bread line. He'll be comfortable, but not dripping with cash like other directors, but if he's happy with where he is, then good enough I say.

Undisclosed
    Nope Aces, I have a funny feeling as well. I hope I'm wrong, but...

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Am I the only one who is getting bad vibes about Diary? I hope I'm wrong.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Although I remember hearing him say, in a round-abouts kinda way, that he got paid a boat load of money to write Resident Evil, but then the script wasn't even used, and that's happened a few times, right a script, get paid, but then it's not actually filmed.

I think he might be kinda modest about his earnings, I doubt he's on the bread line. He'll be comfortable, but not dripping with cash like other directors, but if he's happy with where he is, then good enough I say.
    I'm just still miffed about the fact that NOTLD is, one of the iconic movies of all time, has been cashed in on by almost everybody but him. Don't even get me started on Rubenstein.