Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIARY OF THE DEAD - Official Release Date

United States
    My wife and I will be there on opening night. BTW: Anyone of you zed-heads here in the area of Los Angeles, CA want to go with us, sound off please! Nothing better than seeing a zombie movie with other zombie freaks, and the bigger the crowd of freaks the better it is.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

That place were you went that time and you thought it sucked too.
    Undisclosed

Luckyyyyyy!

If it is played in my hometown I will probly be the only one in the theater. Maybe that isn't such a bad thing, come to think of it that would rock!

Undisclosed
    I am going to try to get a group of people to go in full Zombie mode to the opening in the Boston Area. (Preferably near where I live).

I want to make an event out of it and spend a few hours doing make-up and effects for people ...

I am one of the owners of a company that runs live adventure games ... so I have the props and the make-up and the equipment.

United States
    ivarr, jimbo, if i lived anywhere near either of you, i'd totally be there with ya. i live near smack-dab in the middle of the continent, though, about 30 min from st. louis. looks like i'll be draggin my gf to this one, and i doubt she'll be down for going "dead"...unless, of course, there are fellow hpotd'ers in my neck of the woods who wanna show up in true style.....

United States
    heres a uk release date from imdb
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848557/releaseinfo

capncnut
    7th of March, eh? Surprsingly close to the US release so not bad, these things are normally a few months apart.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    IMDB is reporting the release as Limited for USA. Limited usually means 600 screens or less. Now I usually don't rely on IMDB for true information on films yet to be released, but does anyone know if this is true.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    doesn't matter to me how limited. it could be showing in grandma rezzetti's backyard down the block and i would still pay (if i couldn't sneak into her yard) to see it - if she is showing it on a reasonably big screen.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    7th of March, eh? Surprsingly close to the US release so not bad, these things are normally a few months apart.
    Uh well I found this http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...8?OpenDocument

Expected to open on 07/03/2008 it says.

United States
    Sorry for the double post, but I'm just wondering has GAR himself said it's coming out in February 15? I haven't heard him say anything about its release....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but I'm just wondering has GAR himself said it's coming out in February 15? I haven't heard him say anything about its release....
    I doubt you would hear it from Romero himself. It's not his decision. If he does say anything about it, I would imagine he would mention it at a convention.

At this time, though.....I'm going with IMDb, BOM, etc, and expecting it in February.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Uh well I found this http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...8?OpenDocument

Expected to open on 07/03/2008 it says.
    Hi Doc,

in the UK they use a different date format than we do in the USA. So if that was found on the BBFC that is March 7th 2008. They use Day first, then Month, then year. We use that at my job, but like this. 07March2008
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hi Doc,

in the UK they use a different date format than we do in the USA. So if that was found on the BBFC that is March 7th 2008. They use Day first, then Month, then year. We use that at my job, but like this. 07March2008
    What he meant to say was we use the correct method... You don't
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What he meant to say was we use the correct method... You don't

LMAO... it's funny, I like the UK format better and since my company is very adamant about using the UK format I just use for everything now. You should see the looks on the bank teller or check out girls face when i write a check for something and they see the UK formatted date. Some ask what format is that and I answer... The correct one.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Hi Doc,

Wow! and all this time I've been doing it the wrong way......I feel sick.....disgusted..... But thanks for the lesson! I'll be sure to remember this!