Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cartoons today-YUCK...

United States
    Besides the shows already mentioned, I really liked Mighty Max. That show was awesome and I always wanted his hat.

But for cartoons now, I have to agree that Avatar is the best one on tv.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    I really like Billy and Mandy......Cow and Chicken is alright...I liked Evil Con Carne but it got canceld....

Grim: I hate you, I hate playing with you, and I especially hate your little girlfriend!

Billy: Cheer up, Gri... hey! Mandy's not my girlfriend! She's just my FRIEND, who HAPPENS to be a girl, just like I HAPPEN to be a boy, and you HAPPEN to be a skeleton! It's the differences that make our planet so rich! So diverse! And wonderful!
    [Rainbows in background]

Grim: I still hate you, though.

Grim: Oh, poo!
    Mandy: What now Grim?
    Grim: It's just that when you said we were going to a "mall," I thought we were going to see people getting teared limb from limb by a ferocious beast. Not this!
    Billy: Why do you have to hate each other? Can't you see you're just like peas and mashed potatoes? Some people don't like them to touch each other if they're on the same plate! But it's okay. It's okay if they touch! Because they both get chewed up by the mouth, and sent down the esophagus and dissolved into the stomach and absorbed into the intestines and oh I won't go any further than that. But the point is, we're all just nutrients in the great big digestive system called LIFE!
    Random Bird: Alas poor Billy had to walk the superflous streets of suberbia. A doomed husk of a child. Do not cry for him... DO NOT CRYYYY!
    Irwin's dad: Yes, Irwin's mom is actually a mummy. Nobody can tell you who to fall in love with. But we've managed to make it work all these years leaving a whole lot of questions that don't need to be answered.
    Billy: Yeah, but how and you and Irwin's mom...?
    Irwin's dad: Leaving a whole lot of questions that don't need to be answered.
    Captain Deadwood: They call me Captain Deadwood, the Heartless. Arr! But don't let the name fool ya; I'm not a real captain.
    Billy: Why, Grim? Why do the good die young?
    Grim: Well, usually because I get confused.
    Master Control: [monitor activates] I am Master Control, computer of the future.
    Billy: Aaahh!
    [jumps on Grim's arms]
    Grim: That'd better be sweat dripping down your leg, boy.
    Master Control: I am programmed to run all of the machines at this attraction. My intelligence is beyond measure, I know everything there is to know, and I'm not too shabby at checkers.
    Grim: Wait, how can you know *everything*?
    Master Control: I just do, so there.
    Grim: If you know everything, then what's the meaning of life?
    Master Control: Life has no meaning, only machine intelligence is truly important on a cosmic scale.
    Grim: Hmm, I didn't think he'd get that one right.

Billy: Oh, yeah? Then what's my favorite color?
    Master Control: Blue.
    Billy: What's the best kind of bean?
    Master Control: Pinto.
    Billy: Why is the sky blue?
    Master Control: Because of the refraction of sunlight through the water droplets in the sky.
    Billy: Why do I ask so many questions?
    Master Control: Because you're stupid!
    Billy: What's the color of my underwear?
    Master Control: White...
    [raises an eyebrow]
    Master Control: ... with pink frilly lace.
    Billy: [checks in his pants] Wow. It really does know everything.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye i regularly notice my older friendsall get a chuckle form that, it just makes sense for the grimm reaper to have a jamaican accent.

Undisclosed
    I miss Cow and Chicken. That show was funny. I wish they would bring it back.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ah man, the devil in that was hilarious,a dn probably the first out gay character in cartoons.

meanwhile fred has yet to come out after 40 years of the trutleneck neckercheif combo, your fooling noone- ZOIKS!

United States
    Cartoons I grew up with:

G.I. Joe

He-Man

Saturday Morning Arcade? (I don't remember if this is the name, but it had pac-man, donkey kong, q-bert, etc and there was also a WWF cartoon right after I believe.)

Smurfs- really, really began to hate those little blue b@$t@rd$, because they were on for freaking years!!

Captain N

Jabberjaw

Scooby-Doo (Preferred the older ones, hated Scrappy and Scooby-Dum.)

There is probably many others, but I can't think of any at the moment!

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post

Dawg
    scrappy-doo is the fraking cartoon anti-christ as far as i am concerned. it was a stroke of brilliance to make him the villian in the first movie. "he wasn't even a puppy-he had a gland disorder." that line kills me.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Cartoons I grew up with:

G.I. Joe

He-Man

Saturday Morning Arcade? (I don't remember if this is the name, but it had pac-man, donkey kong, q-bert, etc and there was also a WWF cartoon right after I believe.)

Smurfs- really, really began to hate those little blue b@$t@rd$, because they were on for freaking years!!

Captain N

Jabberjaw

Dawg

Saturday Morning Supercade was the name. It also had Donkey Kong Jr with some white dude. Guess he was his owner. I think the WWF cartoon was called Hulk Hogan's Rock N Roll Wrestling. There was also The Gummy Bears, The Snorkels, Mr T had a cartoon, Rambo, M.A.S.K., Black Star, and Woody Woodpecker.

United States
    Few other good ones - 60's era Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, Spider Man. 70's Tarzan Lord of the Jungle, New Adventures of Flash Gordon (first season), Return to the Planet of the Apes. 80's Thundarr the Barbarian.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United Kingdom
    Recess and Hey Arnold are two I remember fondly. I can't remember as far back as what I'd be watching as a toddler though... SM:TV Live on saturday mornings was just the best as well, that is, until Ant & Dec left.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh man, that dec guy wearing a pokemon sweater adn yelling "PIKACHOOOOOO!" at the top of his lungs was a memory you should have left forgotten.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    If I had kids I'd make them steer clear of any japanese anime until they are older, its the most diabolical TV I have seen it's all down to lazy translators and voice actors.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 24-Nov-2007 at 01:32 PM.

Kazakhstan
    horrible dumbed down rubbish.

especially bratz.

my god, i could go on all day about how sinister, amoral & slightly questionable in its sexualisation of children that show is, but i'm just so very very tired.

although i have to say i'm not part of the transformers revival movement, never liked that show as a kid. the only transformer i give a crap about is the 2nd Lou Reed album
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    uh, "slagz" is mroe like it, there the real world equivalent of the stupid spoilt whore playset from south park.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    uh, "slagz" is mroe like it, there the real world equivalent of the stupid spoilt whore playset from south park.

Ugh, if I had kids I'd refuse to buy them Bratz, and then lecture them about how whores aren't respected and will get nothing out of life except STDs and a sticky cough.

And I know what you mean Liam, this shady as fook subtle sexualisation of children in such shows/toys is disturbing as all hell...I wonder how many parents buy their kids those toys/whatever, but watch crime specials about kiddy fiddlers and curse such people with vigilante gusto?