Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grindhouse DVD...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome. That's definitely a DVR job right there. Until we get the dvd, that is.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Awesome. That's definitely a DVR job right there. Until we get the dvd, that is.
    I know! How come the Japanese of all people get the full on 6 disc treatment?! Not racist at all, but it's so bloody random. It's an American film, and yet America doesn't get the bumper set first?!

Grrr, I just want the full set damnit! This whole Grindhouse release has been one botch after another.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's been three years since the theatrical release and we're FINALLY getting a proper dvd/br treatment!

Grindhouse Special Features Include:

Disc 1 - Theatrical Exhibition

Grindhouse Feature: Planet Terror
    Intermission Cards
    Trailers
    Don't
    Werewolf Women of the S.S.
    Thanksgiving
    Grindhouse Feature: Death Proof

Disc 2

Planet Terror

Robert Rodriguez's 10-Minute Film School
    The Badass Babes of Planet Terror
    The Guys of Planet Terror
    Casting Rebel
    Sickos, Bullets, And Explosions: The Stunts of Planet Terror
    The Friend, the Doctor, and the Real Estate Agent
    Planet Terror Poster Gallery
    Death Proof

Stunts on Wheels: The Legendary Drivers of Death Proof
    Quentin's Greatest Collaborator: Editor Sally Menke
    The Guys of Death Proof
    Kurt Russell as Stuntman Mike
    Finding Quentin's Gals
    The Uncut Version of "Baby, It's You" performed by Mary Elizabeth Winstead
    Introducing Zoe Bell
    Double Dare Trailer
    Death Proof Extended Music
    Death Proof Poster Gallery

Blu-Ray exclusive bonus features

Robert Rodriguez's 10-Minute Cooking School
    The Makeup Effects of Planet Terror
    The Hot Rods of Death Proof
    From Texas to Tennessee: The Production Design of Death Proof
    Trailers
    Extended Werewolf Women of the SS trailer (with optional commentary by director Rob Zombie)
    The making of Werewolf Women of the SS trailer
    Extended Don't trailer (with optional commentary by director Edgar Wright)
    The Making of Don't Trailer
    Don't storyboard/trailer comparison (with optional commentary by Director Edgar Wright)
    Don't storyboards still gallery
    Don't poster
    The Making of Thanksgiving trailer
    New York Times talk with Quention Tarantino and Lynn Hirschberg at Comic-Con 2006 featuring the directors and cast of Grindhouse
    Grindhouse Trailer Contest Winner Hobo with a Shotgun

Releases October 5th. Just in time for halloween and TWD!
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Aug-2010 at 06:45 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    This whole Grindhouse release has been one botch after another.
    Sorta like the movie, eh?

United States
    seeing this in theaters was a great experience, really enjoyed it. was likely to get the dvd if it had came out as this the first time, but i really didn't want to buy both film seperately....

both movies are on tv quite a bit, and i've seen both of 'em enough. no thanks, i'll pass....about 3 years too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's been three years since the theatrical release and we're FINALLY getting a proper dvd/br treatment!

Releases October 5th. Just in time for halloween and TWD!
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

DVD gets fucked over AGAIN!

The only thing new in that package is the first disc. The second disc is just the respective second discs from the separate double-disc releases - which I've already got!

All the new content is on motherfucking Blu-Ray!

I'm fed up of DVD getting screwed over. The point in BR is the picture quality, not to screw over those buying DVDs. It was the same bullshit with Kick Ass and a whole list of new releases.

It's this kind of bullshit that's going to end up forcing me to get twatting BR - but seeing as I don't have the money to replace my televisions, that won't be happening for a long time.

FUCK BLU-RAY STEALING DVD EXTRAS.

United States
    All the new content is on motherfucking Blu-Ray!
    (wait for it.... waaaaaait for it.....)

Now, MZ, shall we discuss this "I don't care about PQ, I want content" shit you're always babbling about when it comes to Blu-Rays? Hmmmm?

j/k dude, but you gotta admit, this is a hilarious coincidence..

The reason DVD is getting screwed is the amount of data than can be held on the discs. Sure, they could put out a 10-12 disc set of Grindhouse on standard DVD so you can get all the extras, but what's the point? The movie was essentially a flop in theaters, so they're not going to invest that kind of $ into a boxset of 10-12 DVD's that they'll have to charge an insane amount of $ for and no one will buy, for a movie that was essentially a failure at the box office... The BR, on the other hand, they can cram so much more on there due to the amount of space the BR can hold and not have to charge as much for it as a standard DVD set.

It's not all about the PQ on BR's, it's also the... <ahem> "content"
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-Aug-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Lou's got ya there, MZ. Much more space on BR. A four disc dvd set can be fit onto one or two blu rays.

But what cool features they are! Didn't expect making of's, storyboards, commentary, etc on the trailers. I'll let ya know how it is.

Super Moderator

UK
    *sigh*

At the time of writing this I'm about to create a new thread relating to the Blu-Ray situation ... you'll see what it's about in a few minutes.

UPDATE: Read on here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...726#post239726

As for 'if it was on DVD' - well they were fine with putting out a 6-disc DVD version in Japan ... no doubt the BR has more stuff than that, a couple of exclusives, but well ... hmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 12-Aug-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    *sigh*

At the time of writing this I'm about to create a new thread relating to the Blu-Ray situation ... you'll see what it's about in a few minutes.

UPDATE: Read on here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...726#post239726

As for 'if it was on DVD' - well they were fine with putting out a 6-disc DVD version in Japan ... no doubt the BR has more stuff than that, a couple of exclusives, but well ... hmmmmmmm.
    You know that it's all about the benjamins baby!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Perhaps they did, but then we need to investigate how well Grindhouse did in Japan. If it made a lot of money there, it's no wonder they released that stuff on DVD there. Here in the US, we know how well it did, and it's no wonder it's not being released on a massive 6-12 disc box set.

I'm glad you're looking into BR - I'll scoot over to the other thread now and see what you're up to. In all seriousness, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I'm glad you're looking into BR - I'll scoot over to the other thread now and see what you're up to. In all seriousness, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Maybe ... but it doesn't stop me being disappointed by having to be forced into this monetarily liberal position just so I can keep my Special Feature habit going ... me giving in to Blu-Ray is like giving into the fucking Borg.

United States
    Maybe ... but it doesn't stop me being disappointed by having to be forced into this monetarily liberal position just so I can keep my Special Feature habit going ... me giving in to Blu-Ray is like giving into the fucking Borg.
    Hey, when you have bad habits like, for example, Zombie Man does - you have to pay for it... one way or another.. either by $$ or getting on your knees.

I understand your frustration at being almost "forced" to upgrade - I felt "forced" to get into BR when HD-DVD was the better format and I already had the player and 20 discs, but alas, there isn't shit we can do other than not adpoting it, but it's too late for that now.. too many people have bought into it to stop it now.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 12-Aug-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Hey, when you have bad habits like, for example, Zombie Man does - you have to pay for it... one way or another.. either by $$ or getting on your knees.

I understand your frustration at being almost "forced" to upgrade - I felt "forced" to get into BR when HD-DVD was the better format and I already had the player and 20 discs, but alas, there isn't shit we can do other than not adpoting it, but it's too late for that now.. too many people have bought into it to stop it now.
    me giving in to Blu-Ray is like giving into the fucking Borg.
    Then you already know...

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE !

C'mon lou. Howdid you not come up with that one man!?!

You must be sick or something.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"