Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zack Snyder returns to zombies again?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and no one thinks your witty for saying that.
    bbbbbuuuurrrrrnnnnn!
    Wow, that was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Snyder's got his bitches everywhere!
    It get's old everytime someone mentions DAWN 04 and some schlep spouts how bad it was as they wank off to the next ROMERO crapfest (Diaries) and we all know LAND is the biggest ZOMBIE stinkfest of the last 20 years so why pretend it is not ?

Land was stellar compared to most of the **** out there. It brought some fun things to the genre. Just because you haven't any taste in film doesn't mean it sucked.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    It get's old everytime someone mentions DAWN 04 and some schlep spouts how bad it was as they wank off to the next ROMERO crapfest (Diaries) and we all know LAND is the biggest ZOMBIE stinkfest of the last 20 years so why pretend it is not ?

Land was stellar compared to most of the **** out there. It brought some fun things to the genre. Just because you haven't any taste in film doesn't mean it sucked.
    Best. Typo. Ever.

You should relax, bro. There has been a certain level of peace obtained between the two tribes lately. Some like Land, some like Dawn04. There is good and bad in both....get over it sometime.

People have different opinions. Just as they also have different "taste in films".
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Mar-2007 at 07:33 PM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    TRIBAL WAR.... WOO HOO.

It will be the 300 DAWN 04 camp againstt he LAND/DIARY camp.

As the king of the Dawn 04 army, I will concede the 300 army as 300 sucked in my opinion... so the DAWN 04 army will have to take on both the Land and diary armies at the same time.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Best. Typo. Ever.

Yay ! The grammar and spelling police are here !

You should relax, bro. There has been a certain level of peace obtained between the two tribes lately. Some like Land, some like Dawn04. There is good and bad in both....get over it sometime.

People have different opinions. Just as they also have different "taste in films".
    Relax ? Was someone getting excited, bro ? I'm merely stating an opinion, and face it LAND BLOWS

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    TRIBAL WAR.... WOO HOO.

It will be the 300 DAWN 04 camp againstt he LAND/DIARY camp.

As the king of the Dawn 04 army, I will concede the 300 army as 300 sucked in my opinion... so the DAWN 04 army will have to take on both the Land and diary armies at the same time.
    Zach is badass.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Best. Typo. Ever.

Yay ! The grammar and spelling police are here !

Relax ? Was someone getting excited, bro ? I'm merely stating an opinion, and face it LAND BLOWS

Zach is badass.

yeah, but your merely stating YOUR opinion,and more power to you for having it, but not everyone has the same taste in movies, and you cant make everyone see anything in the same way you do, becuase not everyone will, simple as.
    i dont think land was the best movie george made, that prize goes to dawn, but its still a great movie, more so than sniders dawn, it had the best opening 15 mins to a zombie flick ever, but once she crashes the car it all goes to ****, it had an a-team "fixin stuff" montage for chirst's sake
    Last edited by Danny; 28-Mar-2007 at 09:54 AM.

capncnut
    There's a familiar smell in here...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "Smells like cheese, Gromit!"

United States
    yeah, but your merely stating YOUR opinion
    Well yeah; who elses opinion would it be but mine ?

Not sure why everyone is starting to get emotional over MY OPINION on Land and/or Dawn 04 ?

Must we all agree all the time ?

There's a familiar smell in here...
    It's your upper lip.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well, this Joby Harold fellow looks like he's new to the game, so maybe he's got some chops and can write a story that can help Snyder accomplish more than just his usual visual only style.

"300" was a decent one-time popcorn flick like "Dawn04", so maybe if he has the right writer behind him this time, he can make a dead flick that's visually stunning and requires a brain.

Maybe........just maybe....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    How do you have a plot for a historical event?
    Uhm? Do you even know anything about the real battle of Thermopylae? The battle is a ****ing perfect setting for a plot- and character driven epic film. They could have made it so much more than a stupid actionflick, and I wish someone does sometime.

Read the book Gates of Fire and you'll see how the film should have been made.

The film is just so obviously... ****ING STUPID. I mean, take A Knights Tale. That film is anachronistic as hell, but at the same time it's a light hearted comedy where they joust to Queen music and stuff like that. Compared to A Knights Tale, 300 is a goddamn science fiction film... And it's serious! Heck!

Super Moderator

UK
    I'll remain completely cynical about it until it proves otherwise...Zack Snyder ... and ... and ... mental depth?

B'ave!

England
    fair play to him,at least he's keeping the genre going with half decent films,even if he doesnt quite share romeros zombie genius!you've got to admit dawn 04 was a lot better than some of the kife that came out on the back of romeros films in the 70's/80's!zombie lake anyone?
    Yup,im in the camp that enjoyed dawn 04 for what it was,and to be honest loved it at first viewing at the cinema!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Well, this Joby Harold fellow looks like he's new to the game, so maybe he's got some chops and can write a story that can help Snyder accomplish more than just his usual visual only style.

"300" was a decent one-time popcorn flick like "Dawn04", so maybe if he has the right writer behind him this time, he can make a dead flick that's visually stunning and requires a brain.

Dare to dream!
    It may happen if he grows up a little.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Zombie Lake was great!

No seriously, I've got it on DVD, well worth the fiver I splashed on it. It's so camp and stupid that it's fun to enjoy, and at the time I had a mate who looked like a young Howard Vernon (think I got the name right there), haha.

Yawn04 was all trousers and no balls to pad it out - it was all "mangina".

The characters were written so poorly they script must have been scrawled with crayon, they made the most stupid mistakes and came up with the most retarded plan on the face of the planet - they even acknowledge this and go for it anyway - then that daft bitch f*cks everything up by running after a bloody dog!

Then throw in an old man trying on women's shoes and the seemingly gay, yet apparently not, bloke who is so teeth-grindingly annoying shagging the arse off some blonde bimbo who - as far as I can tell - is never referred to by her name. So the character literally is just there to be a set of tits flapping towards camera as she's rutted from behind by that annoying twat who pops up to make some sarky comment every two minutes - if I had been there I'd have decked him long ago.

They bring in a truckload of new people, and within ten minutes they're ham-fistedly trying to have an emotional scene between father and dog-chasing-moron-daughter, but there's no emotional investment because we've only just met them.

Then there's Ving-bloody-Rhames, walking around like he's got something wedged right up his arse, perhaps the an offshoot from the chip that's clearly hanging on his shoulder. He mopes around, is apparently a smart leader, then gets all 'f*ck all ya'll, I'm gonna wade into a world of FLYING ATHLETE zombies to go and moronically try and save my brother at a rescue station that I should know full well has been over-run long, long ago' ... RETARDED.

Jake Weber's character is the only good one there, he has some common sense and talks things out calmly, but then he ruins all that by going along with their utterly retarded A-Team rip-off plan to head out into zombie world to go on a boat to head to an island that they KNOW is inhabited by people - erm, where there's people, THERE'S F*CKING ZOMBIES!!!

The film looks great, although the intense colour scheme does get on your tits after a while, and the special effects are of course, great - but on a budget that size, working with pro-gore-meisters, it's not that hard to pull that part out of the bag.

*shudders*

You all know by now that I'm most definitely in the "Love Land" camp...just thought I'd air out my grievances with Yawn04 once more.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The characters were written so poorly they script must have been scrawled with crayon, they made the most stupid mistakes and came up with the most retarded plan on the face of the planet - they even acknowledge this and go for it anyway - then that daft bitch f*cks everything up by running after a bloody dog!

Then throw in an old man trying on women's shoes and the seemingly gay, yet apparently not, bloke who is so teeth-grindingly annoying shagging the arse off some blonde bimbo who - as far as I can tell - is never referred to by her name. So the character literally is just there to be a set of tits flapping towards camera as she's rutted from behind by that annoying twat who pops up to make some sarky comment every two minutes - if I had been there I'd have decked him long ago.

They bring in a truckload of new people, and within ten minutes they're ham-fistedly trying to have an emotional scene between father and dog-chasing-moron-daughter, but there's no emotional investment because we've only just met them.

Then there's Ving-bloody-Rhames, walking around like he's got something wedged right up his arse, perhaps the an offshoot from the chip that's clearly hanging on his shoulder. He mopes around, is apparently a smart leader, then gets all 'f*ck all ya'll, I'm gonna wade into a world of FLYING ATHLETE zombies to go and moronically try and save my brother at a rescue station that I should know full well has been over-run long, long ago' ... RETARDED.

Jake Weber's character is the only good one there, he has some common sense and talks things out calmly, but then he ruins all that by going along with their utterly retarded A-Team rip-off plan to head out into zombie world to go on a boat to head to an island that they KNOW is inhabited by people - erm, where there's people, THERE'S F*CKING ZOMBIES!!!
    Pretty much sums it up for me. You also forgot dumbass metal soundtrack.