Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I have zombie nightmares. Just look at my face. You can tell I have terrible zombie nightmares.
    The only thing I see is an 'amused' sun glass wearing smirking smiley face.
    <----over there at the bottom of the last page!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I get zombie dreams all the time. lots of variety, some early stages of the rise, some are fleeing cities with a group, sometimes just me in a overrun world. Varying degrees of armed, sometimes I'm cocked locked and ready to rock, sometimes I'm desperately looking for something more dangerous than a wiffle bat. Always very vivid.

This has led me to factor zombies into all kinds of weird things in my life, like where I live. I always, always when assessing a new place for how much I like it examine its zombie defensibility, are there ground floor windows etc, stair construction, which way doors open, roof access blah blah blah. I often think that if a zombie uprising happened instead of going for a siege and hold or flee and hide strategy I would try to be proactive and seek out zombies to kill them to minimize buildup later on. To this end i think that intead of shooting them in the head or trying to destroy the brain I would set traps that would render many of them less of a threat such as 'nets" of tires of milkcrates zapstrapped together or sets of those winching straps you get from hardware stores between vehicles or lightposts at halfway up calf height in areas of high walking traffic. Zombies are like old people, they lack the reflexes to protect themselves in a fall and as such receive immobilizing injuries from even a relatively minor fall, if there is a crowd they would either fall on top of others or trample over them.

For getting rid of them i would likely use guns if possible but otherwise use a long shovel or machete and just strike for the neck, sever the spinal column and move on, forget the need for penetrating the skull etc.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    The only thing I see is an 'amused' sun glass wearing smirking smiley face.
    <----over there at the bottom of the last page!
    Yeah Trin!!!! I'm gonna have to demand an avatar from you. How long must I be forced to stare at this blank space? Hmmm? Hmmmm? It's just lazy man. . . just lazy.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Ever since I've been little (probably after seeing NOTLD for the first time) I've regularly had some absolutely messed up zombie dreams. Usually I forget them soon after I have them, but I usually have some really atmospheric music happening in my head during these nightmares as well (it's like Goblin is doing the soundtrack to my nightmare, wicked).

I couldn't tell you any real specifics off the top of my head right now from any of these dreams/nightmares but I know I usually have a good zombie nightmare about once a month or so (quite regularly). Usually I'll have one of those: "Hey, I'm having a dream" moments during it, but there are times I can remember waking up thanking God that I'm in my bed under my comforter and it was just an awful, and vivid, dream. I'm not going to lie though, some of these nightmares really freak me out... but I think the subconscious really helps us prepare for worst case scenerio situations in real life by putting us into imagined situations in our dreams/nightmares. Jung would probably have something interesting to say on it (ego and sub-ego and all that). I used to have some really intense nuclear war nightmares too (and still do, although much less frequently).

Anyway, anyone else here have regular zombie dreams/nightmares? If so, don't be shy. Speak up, you'll make those of us who do feel a little less crazy.

j.p.
    When I was younger I'd have loads of very intense/vivid dreams. These easily accounted for most of my nightmares and the like...

As I've grown older I very rarely have (or remember) my dreams

Every now and then some zombies will pop up, but not very often...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah Trin!!!! I'm gonna have to demand an avatar from you. How long must I be forced to stare at this blank space? Hmmm? Hmmmm? It's just lazy man. . . just lazy.
    <----- There... one of my fav Dead characters.

And all new signature to match.
    VVV
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Everytime I have a zombie dream I make it ap part of my screenplays. Since I am gearing up to do Deadlands 3 I have been having tons of dreams based ont he screenplay for the film which has given me insight on how to shoot it.

I would say I have had a lot of zombie dreams recently after a dry spell of about 10 years where I went without a single one, but since 28 days later... they have been pretty regular now.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    <----- There... one of my fav Dead characters.

And all new signature to match.
    VVV
    I am satisfied. . . .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I am satisfied. . . .
    I've been known to have that effect.

60% of the time I work every time.

Undisclosed
    I have definitely had zombie dreams. I wouldn't call them nightmares anymore, Due to the fact that I have them on a regular basis. I guess zombies manifest themselves in our dreams because it's what we fear generally. But some zombie dreams can be fun ^.^
    Not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred"-my email lovegrems@hotmail.com:dead

United States
    I've been known to have that effect.
    As Shirley here can attest to.

United States
    Truly it's a blessing... and a curse.

United States
    I used to have almost nightly dreams about zombies from the time I was young up until I was around 26. I am 38 presently.

I still have the occasional dream but nowhere near the volume I used to have, before it was an issue that interrupted my sleep and haunted me on a regular basis.

I think this was in part why I developed the fascination I did for the films and the genre.

Now when I have them it is almost like an old friend you bump into after not seeing in quite sometime, they are still scary but when I wake up I am glad I had them.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I get zombie nightmares... especially if i have just watched a zombie film lol. Infected nightmares are the worst... they are fast running and genuinely terrifying... i went through a stage where i planed where i would go if a zombie epidemic ever occurred (i say 'went' )

United States
    We have kind of discussed before our plans for a zombie apocalypse and a lot of us seem to have the need to plan out "what we would do if" at some point after entering a new place to work, shop, or live. I used to do it immediately upon entering any place at all but now it is something that pops up eventually just not always right away.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I don't even know if I should be on here being I may have more bad dreams but I actually JUST had one and that's why i'm here.

My dreams all started in this plainland type of area, took place in maybe 2000-2005 (not sure). In this old house that may have been built in the 1890's. It was this old ladys house who had ofcourse died of the infection and was put down. I had a few other guys with me that I didn't even know and we were scouting the backyard woods for zombies. These woods were Very dark when it was night, also very foggy. You could barely even begin to see 5 feet ahead of you. It was also VERY swampy so you could hear anything around you from a radius. Me and a couple of the guys ran into a silent horde of zombies and we were sort of startled by them and they were startled by us, so Yes. They started chasing us....As I was making it back to the house in the foggy night, i had come to realize that a few zombie straglers found the house and were already limping their way towards the house all across the yard. I bolted to the door and up the stairs, smashing the front door shut and locking it making sure they couldnt get in with ease. aabout 5 minutes later the military showed up blaring with sirens (The type of siren that sounds like a tornado warning). *From here this is where the dream got really vivid and scary fro me* The zombies slowly picked up rifles and and shot aimlessly towards the military. (Just imagine a WHOLE CROWD of zombies firing rifles. Looked like a bunch of overly large fire crackers going off nonstop and your hope just disappearing right before your eyes) That part of the dream ended when they stopped shooting...

Another part took place in a small 2 floor jewlery store. It was pretty lit up with white wall and floors with bright lights. Surprisingly, the entrance to the store was only an exit out into a dark alleyway crawling with zombies. I had my 3 year old baby sister with me and a few other survivors. I'm not to sure with happened but every other light blew out in the store while I was on the top floor. (The windows of the stores were as high as the ceiling and as low as floor.) At the same time, zombies were smashed against the window pains and ended up busting through. I had to fight my way into the alleyway because it was over run and that part of the dream ended there...

I have more to my dream (I remember so much of it) but I can't keep typing lol, but it involves my baby sister getting bitten and having to put her down, not a pretty sight...

All I have to say is, Thank god it was a dream