Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Machete is back....

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yes yes yes!!!!!!!! That new trailer rules! Can't wait!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Bassman - good news for you - Hobo With A Shogtun is being made into a feature too. And Rutger Hauer is the hobo!

I love Grindhouse, I do hope the theatrical cut gets a 2-disc DVD release at last this year, cos the wait is taking the piss. I loved Planet Terror, and you know what, I fuckin' love Death Proof ... no joke, I properly dig that flick.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's weird....I tend to enjoy Death Proof more when it's tied into Grindhouse rather than when it's a stand alone film.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    ...and that would go without saying.

I can't wait for this to come out - it's going to be a fun ride it seems. I can't believe the 'names' they have in this thing either. Bring it on!
    I think Machete deserves a night at the movies. Not a wait for DVD experience, but to be in the theater to enjoy all of it's Mexploitation goodness.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I think Machete deserves a night at the movies. Not a wait for DVD experience, but to be in the theater to enjoy all of it's Mexploitation goodness.
    Mexploitation

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Trailer Tres. I imagine this is new because it will be attached to the Rodriguez-produced Predators tomorrow.

Not sure if it's just for the trailer, but I like hearing the theme from Planet Terror as a bit of a bridge between the franchise....
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Jul-2010 at 03:06 AM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    OK, I will definitely be seeing that on opening day.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Unfortunately I missed grindhouse in theaters.

This looks like it"s in the same mold so I'm there as well.

I'm sure it'll be a totally different experience.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Unfortunately I missed grindhouse in theaters.
    That sucks. Grindhouse was one my greatest theater experiences ever. That movie was made for theaters. Not to be split up on dvd.

At least now they're finally doing a real release of the uncut film...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That sucks. Grindhouse was one my greatest theater experiences ever. That movie was made for theaters. Not to be split up on dvd.

At least now they're finally doing a real release of the uncut film...
    They give the complete grindhouse film on cable from time to time so I have seen it.

When they are put together like that though there's alot that they cut out, like the lap dance Kurt russell gets for example.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    When they are put together like that though there's alot that they cut out, like the lap dance Kurt russell gets for example.
    That scene isn't really necessary, imo. The film is better in it's tight, Grindhouse form.

Not to mention the girl giving the lap dance looks like one of the pigs from Jabba's Palace. Hideous woman.

Super Moderator

UK
    That scene isn't really necessary, imo. The film is better in it's tight, Grindhouse form.

Not to mention the girl giving the lap dance looks like one of the pigs from Jabba's Palace. Hideous woman.
    Vanessa Ferlito isn't a minger, kinda harsh there bassman.

Now, where's all the 'print damage' stuff for Machete, or are we getting screwed out of that? Also, what's with the new trailer, it doesn't go for that real grindhouse vibe, it plays it far more straight and - to be honest - doing so makes the movie less appealing.

I was always going to see this movie (from the first time I saw Grindhouse, even) but not having the print damage (by the looks of things) is a bummer.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm thinking the "wear and tear" effects are missing from this trailer in an attempt to bring in a bigger audience. Grindhouse didn't do too great financially, so they're probably just trying to sell it. I imagine it will have the effect in the final film.

And yeah maybe Ferlito can look okay....if your blood alcohol content is near lethal. She's a nasty cross between the older Michael Jackson and the pigs from Jedi.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm thinking the "wear and tear" effects are missing from this trailer in an attempt to bring in a bigger audience. Grindhouse didn't do too great financially, so they're probably just trying to sell it. I imagine it will have the effect in the final film.

And yeah maybe Ferlito can look okay....if your blood alcohol content is near lethal. She's a nasty cross between the older Michael Jackson and the pigs from Jedi.
    Zing!

Noice!

More ugly people have gotten laid because of alcohol than any other reason.

Everytime I see an ugly person with their kid walking next to them the only thing I can think about is "damn, sombody actually hit that !?!"

Like Jaim Foxx says: "Blame it on the alcohol".

United States
    More ugly people have gotten laid because of alcohol than any other reason.