Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite part and least favorite part in Land of the dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BUTCHYPIE
    Yeah, I know that currency of some form is being used in Fiddler's Green, but Cholo is leaving the city. He would have absolutely no use for money.
    I may be wrong, and correct me if I am, but as I remember it Cholo wasn't leaving the city. Riley was the one that wanted to get out. Cholo wanted to move on up to live where Kaufmann & the rest of the "haves" lived so the money would have been important to him because it was important to Kaufmann & his ilk. Only after Kaufmann pretty much brushed him off did Cholo have any plans of doing anything other then moving up to live the "good life".

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    my favorite part of land of the dead is the entire beginning with the team in deadtown picking up the supplies and killing zombies, that young guy with cholo getting bit etc.I really loved the eerie atmosphere of those scenes in deadtown. my least favorite part is when dead reckoning arrives at the city and they see all the people being eaten and all of sudden it turns into a sad scene. that sequence just didn't work for me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    it's no secret that my least fav part of the movie is big daddy.. My favorite part is the sequence where they head out to stop cholo.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    favorite part......"not a boy........"

least fav.....when pretty boy gets stopped from blowin big daddy to kingdom come

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up

Regardless about how i feel about the film i have to admit that line about 50,000 cars getting stolen in pillsbury's country had me in stitches, that was gold. My favorite light moment in the film by far.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the whole theatre had a chuckle about that,i was luaghing pretty good as well

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    the whole theatre had a chuckle about that,i was luaghing pretty good as well
    That was rather unusual for a gar film. I don't remember a funnier line in the series .

Undisclosed
    The intro is my fav part ^_^

It's well put together, and is like a short film, in itself.

Come to think of it, someone should make a short film like that, lol.

I'd pay to watch it.

~The Zombie Hunter's Bible~

"Don't go to the Mall without it!"
    -Tom Sullivan, The EvilDead"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'd pay for someone to make a decent zed film for once. they need to stop concentrating on gore and realize that's not what the great zombie films are all about. It's like fulci's zombie. All anyone ever talks about is the part where the chick gets a splinter in the eye. It's as deep as that. There's really nothing more to it. Gar's films on the other hand have been praised for decadesd and will continue to be. Why, because they have depth.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I'd pay for someone to make a decent zed film for once. they need to stop concentrating on gore and realize that's not what the great zombie films are all about. It's like fulci's zombie. All anyone ever talks about is the part where the chick gets a splinter in the eye. It's as deep as that. There's really nothing more to it. Gar's films on the other hand have been praised for decadesd and will continue to be. Why, because they have depth.
    But on the other hand, people praise absolute crap like "Resident Evil" and "ROTLD". The world of cinema is going to sh*t....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    But on the other hand, people praise absolute crap like "Resident Evil" and "ROTLD". The world of cinema is going to sh*t....
    Well, while i like RE, i never praised it. There are plenty of things they did wrong with that film not the least of which was the beginning which dragged on for a half hour, Totally boring imo. As for ROTLD, of course it's not a masterpiece. They tried to do something different with the, if you've read the book you know, crap Russo script partly out of respect for gar. Everybody has their own opinions that they're entitled to. I guess viewing it at a young age put it in a special place for me.

Undisclosed
    My least favorite part was the bit right after the opening credits and before they rolled that list of everyone involved with the film.

/p

United States
    Favorite Part: The zombies showing up at the fence and overrunning the troops.

Least Favorite: The ending.

United States
    fav.. when rileys like someone shot the lil fat man

least... when they dont kill the zeds at the end of the flick...

its kill or be killed duuuuude
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

capncnut
    Favourite - The troops being overrun (must be a popular one).
    Least favourite - Any scene where Big Daddy goes "RAAARRRGGGHHH!!!"