Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zombieland 2

Super Moderator

UK
    Geeeeez, what's with all the aggro, sarcastic or otherwise, folks?

Zombieland 2 - WOOOOOO!

It doesn't need to be in 3D though, what a retarded idea, it's just gonna be stuff pointing into the camera - and that'll become annoying and distracting to watch in 2D when it's out on DVD.

Will I see it in 3D? Hmmm ... maybe, just so I can see it in 3D and not having stuff pointing in the screen be totally silly (i.e. silly when not in 3D ... or not as silly anyway).

I really enjoyed Zombieland, it's not Shaun of the Dead standard 'zomedy', but goddamn it's such a fun movie. Tallahasse alone is worth paying for.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Tallahasse alone is worth paying for.
    Any comedy with Woody Harrelson is worth paying for.

Even though I think in this case the 3D would be more of a gimmick rather than actually enhacing the experience, we should at least look forward to it as the first real 3D "zombie" film.

Speaking of 3D and zombies....where's that Dawn 3D conversion that Rubinstein and Romero were talking about ages ago?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Speaking of 3D and zombies....where's that Dawn 3D conversion that Rubinstein and Romero were talking about ages ago?
    I think someone posted an update last year saying it was due in 2010.

United States
    Zombieland 2 - Yeeeeeeehaw!! Bring on the Twinkies!! You gotta enjoy the little things. I'm starting my cardio today and packing heat in the john so I'll be ready to double tap that.

Ghostbusters - Fun for all ages. Watched it as a kid. Watched it WITH my kids. Loved it both times.

British comedy rocks. Holy Grail is the most clever and funny movie of all time.

ROTLD - Return was the most dramatic letdown of a zombie film ever to have popcorn wasted on it. ALL zombies in ALL zombie movies are now synonymous with wanting Braaainnnssss as a result of that piece of crap. It hurt the genre.
    Last edited by Trin; 13-Feb-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    British comedy rocks. Holy Grail is the most clever and funny movie of all time.
    I enjoy Holy Grail, but I actually think it's overrated. Life of Brain was Python's best film by far.

ROTLD - Return was the most dramatic letdown of a zombie film ever to have popcorn wasted on it. ALL zombies in ALL zombie movies are now synonymous with wanting Braaainnnssss as a result of that piece of crap. It hurt the genre.
    Couldn't agree more.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I enjoy Holy Grail, but I actually think it's overrated.
    Ha! This is the exact same thing I thought to myself when I was perusing this thread earlier.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    BUMP!

Finally saw Zombieland. Decent. Not a single notch above.

Which brings me to this proposed "part 2" in 3D. The thing that pissed me off while watching the pile of shit and giggles that is Zombieland isn't that it is particularly bad or unfunny, but this: for all the money burned up making this mockery, they could have made an actual zombie movie. Now imagine combining the cost of the first movie with the bundle to make a 3D sequel. Think of the kind of zombie greatness that should be able to be made with that.

Instead, we haven't had a really good zombie movie for 25 years. MAKE ONE, instead of wasting the money on some nyuk-nyuk bullshit.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Couldn't agree more, SRP. But what'd you mean about 25 years? I thought Shaun and Fido were far younger than that...

Canada
    Shaun is more of a zomedy then a pure horror film. I think SRP means a good "horror" zombie film, instead of films like zombieland and Shaun.

I can't wait for number 2, as number 1 was entertaining, at the very least. I don't like ROTLD very much, and the sequels are complete trite. Monty Python is alright, and the holy grail is quoted far too much by sexless losers that want to feel clever.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    Monty Python is alright, and the holy grail is quoted far too much by sexless losers that want to feel clever.
    And by sex-full losers. Wink wink nudge nudge say no more.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Zombieland is cool. I would like to see a sequel.

Monty Python is very , very annoying. Then again, I am obsessed with the American "Office" and I know the Brits probably prefer their own.

I think that comedy is cultural/regional. That is why alot of Americans don't enjoy British humor and vice versa.

United States
    First one sucked.

No interest in seeing the second one.

There you go, I can write a post without having to write five paragraphs.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Wow, Zombieland certainly pulls people into two seperate factions, eh?

I will say this: I think Zombieland was "ok" - not the best, no where near as good as Shaun, but was an acceptable film that made me laugh (mostly at Woody's parts).

The difference I see between the two is this: Shaun is a top-notch comedy with a almost-perfect script that can be watched alone or as a group, hundreds of times and still be funny.

Zombieland - this movie was MADE for a "group viewing." I didn't see ZL in the theaters, I saw it on DVD and watching it alone seemed a kind of like a non-event. Funny? In certain parts, yes, but no side-splitting funny all the way through like Shaun. It does have a certain re-watchable quality, but nothing like Shaun.

Funny how people talk about British & American comedy - personally, I think British comedy is quite a bit funnier in many cases than American humor. I've always said, while the Americans serve their comedy up on a silver platter and you see the jokes coming a mile away, the British have what I call "comedy grenades" - they tell a joke and sometimes (perhaps because I'm american) it takes me a minute or two and suddenly, "heeeyyy! I get it now!" and I bust out laughing.

As far as ZL2? Sure, make it. I'll probably rent it on DVD and get my rental-$ worth out of it, but this whole 3D thing has got to stop. It hasn't worked well in the past, and I doubt it will in the future - at least until I don't have to wear those stupid f'ing glasses.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 26-Feb-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    First one sucked.

No interest in seeing the second one.

There you go, I can write a post without having to write five paragraphs.

j.p.
    it was good.

did it in 4 words, in yo face.

Administrator

England
    My personal opinion on the differences between american humour and british humour is that american humour tends to be more focused on winners, you know successful people.. like friends, 2 and half men, will and grace.. people who have nice homes and good jobs and never worry about money except prehaps the occassional episode were something happens and goes wrong.

British humour tends to be more focused on losers, we like laughing at peoples misfortunes so alot of our comedies tend to be about slobs and losers, for example, bottom, only fools and horses, rab c nesbitt, alan partridge..

At the end of the day, i just find our humour funnier though, it also tends to be alot dryer and wittier, where as i often see jokes coming a mile off in american humour as lou said.