Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 3x02 "Sick" episode discussion...**SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    Interesting development of Carl here. He disappeared again, but he was doing a responsible thing, albeit in a bit of an unresponsible manner. He sees himself as an adult, while Lori naturally (being his mother) sees him as her child still, although as evidenced in her talks with Rick, she's recognising him changing. There's still a hint of a kid there - when challenged he lashes out, and then runs off when outnumbered (no doubt a little bit taken a back/embarrassed at his crush Beth chewing him out) - so there's an interesting wrestling match going on inside his head.

I'm very much enjoying seeing his character develop here. It's a fertile ground for some really cool exploration.

@bungi - I wonder if the writers are planning another time jump between seasons 3 and 4 ... it could happen. We return to them with crops growing in the fields, with themselves living in a much tidier prison etc. Hmmm...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Oct-2012 at 05:49 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They're adding other groups rather than just Woodbury, so i'm thinking it's someone from one of these new groups.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    They're adding other groups rather than just Woodbury, so i'm thinking it's someone from one of these new groups.
    Comics Spoiler (Volume 11):

I wonder if the other group could be "The Hunters" as seen in Volume 11 "Fear the Hunters"? They were creeping on the group from the trees, and it was only a brief storyline in the comics, so perhaps they'll feed it in here? I'd be down for that - it'd fit right in with the "Fear the Living" part of the tagline afterall.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I wonder if the other group could be "The Hunters" as seen in Volume 11 "Fear the Hunters"? They were creeping on the group from the trees, and it was only a brief storyline in the comics, so perhaps they'll feed it in here? I'd be down for that - it'd fit right in with the "Fear the Living" part of the tagline afterall.
    Interesting theory there but now I'm really starting to think they are adding in everything way too soon and I fear the overall prison arc will be drastically changed and that would be a real bummer.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Interesting, MZ. That could certainly be the case and work out wonderfully. I just hope Hershel isn't the new Dale, if you know what I mean.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Cannibalism at less than a year from the collapse of organized civilization would be a "Choice" rather than a "Necessity". Georgia has one of the largest wild game populations in North America, packaged foods are still edible and last year's crops/gardens would produce again since they weren't harvested. While that kind of group would be very dangerous but I don't think this show is there yet. The story line you talk about happened after the prison on the road to Washington DC in the Appalachian Mountains.

Perhaps we will meet a refugee from Woodbury?
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Oct-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags.

Aaland
    Interesting development of Carl here. He disappeared again, but he was doing a responsible thing, albeit in a bit of an unresponsible manner. He sees himself as an adult, while Lori naturally (being his mother) sees him as her child still, although as evidenced in her talks with Rick, she's recognising him changing. There's still a hint of a kid there - when challenged he lashes out, and then runs off when outnumbered (no doubt a little bit taken a back/embarrassed at his crush Beth chewing him out) - so there's an interesting wrestling match going on inside his head.

I'm very much enjoying seeing his character develop here. It's a fertile ground for some really cool exploration.

@bungi - I wonder if the writers are planning another time jump between seasons 3 and 4 ... it could happen. We return to them with crops growing in the fields, with themselves living in a much tidier prison etc. Hmmm...

I think a time jump is a good way to keep Carl in play, and maybe show some of the complacency that the group takes in, like we see in the comic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kinda defeats the purpose of MZ's spoiler tags there, rgc.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bungi43 View Post
    So, who do we think was creeping on Carol when she was outside? I initially thought Merle because I wasn't sure he would be part of the Governor's group, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    Im going to take a massive guess here and say its Tyreese. Not because it has to be a character from the comic, but because Mazzara has said he wants him in the story at some point. I think we're going to see the mystery character probe and mess with the group until he thinks its safe and can reveal himself. What a moment that would be for the comic fans.

Im not overly happy with the tv Axel. Not one "you follow me". Im hoping thats because it was a tension filled encounter with the group but, if not, why would you include a beloved character like Axel and it not be Axel. You follow me?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bungi43 View Post
    I think a time jump is a good way to keep Carl in play, and maybe show some of the complacency that the group takes in, like we see in the comic.
    Chandler Riggs is probably due for a stronger growth spurt sometime soon as well. That would be covered with another time jump - plus it is nice to see them change without having to go day-by-day with it. The first two seasons were over a very short period of time, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Kinda defeats the purpose of MZ's spoiler tags there, rgc.
    I added spoiler tags in there. If anyone's unsure of how to add spoiler tags, check the HPOTD FAQ - the answer you seek should be within.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Im going to take a massive guess here and say its Tyreese. Not because it has to be a character from the comic, but because Mazzara has said he wants him in the story at some point. I think we're going to see the mystery character probe and mess with the group until he thinks its safe and can reveal himself. What a moment that would be for the comic fans.

Im not overly happy with the tv Axel. Not one "you follow me". Im hoping thats because it was a tension filled encounter with the group but, if not, why would you include a beloved character like Axel and it not be Axel. You follow me?
    Hmmm ... Tyreese? Perhaps - it might not be as sinister as it appeared to be ... plus it could be sinister in reverse, Carol was slicing open a zombie, after all ... which reminds me - no gloves? She could have waited a little bit to get some latex gloves and a scalpel etc from the medical unit - and had someone drag the body inside out of the sun too, rather than just getting straight to it right there and then with your naked hands in full-view of anyone.

Perhaps Mazzara & Co are getting a bit cheeky here - making us fanboys wait as long as possible for Axel's famous phrase.

I've noticed a couple of moments in dialogue that sort of wink at the members of the audience who are as obsessive as us. Perhaps it's intentional, perhaps it's not, but Lori going on about being a "shitty wife" and not winning any mother of the year awards etc, works in the show, but - to me anyway - there was almost a secondary layer between-the-lines as a smirky sort of inside joke with the uber-fans.

United States

I thought maybe Tyrese and his people as well. I remember Maz stating that Tyrese is planned sometime for this season.

As far as Axel, it's too early to tell but I got a feeling he's gonna turn out alright. Catchphrase and all. Lew temple is a cool actor. Very quirky and can give Axel that certain charm.
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 22-Oct-2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added a bit more
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    Loving how all the same people who were jumping on the "shanes an evil bastard" bandwagon last season and now jumping to ricks defense, LOVE it

Also loving this season so far, really am

Quote Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post

Cannibalism at less than a year from the collapse of organized civilization would be a "Choice" rather than a "Necessity". Georgia has one of the largest wild game populations in North America, packaged foods are still edible and last year's crops/gardens would produce again since they weren't harvested. While that kind of group would be very dangerous but I don't think this show is there yet. The story line you talk about happened after the prison on the road to Washington DC in the Appalachian Mountains.

Perhaps we will meet a refugee from Woodbury?

Assuming that people know how to farm and all the wild game havnt been chewed by walkers...

United States
    Not sure you guys noticed cuz of Rick's face but right after he locked Andrew out there was a scream. I find that supports that Andrew was killed by walkers far more than he will come back but you never know.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    Not sure you guys noticed cuz of Rick's face but right after he locked Andrew out there was a scream. I find that supports that Andrew was killed by walkers far more than he will come back but you never know.
    Yeah. It seemed pretty obvious that he was eaten. End of story.

I think i've just noticed a great bit of fan service.
    I don't know if anyone else is aware of this but AMC seem to have a habit of deliberately misleading fans in their trailers for TWD.
    If you've watched the season 3 comic con trailer more than once you would be under the impression that Rick is confronting the governor outside the prison when he says "we spilt blood" etc. I've heard this stated as fact on various podcasts and read it elsewhere but have always had the suspicion that it was just another great bit of editing. In this episode Rick says it to Tomas who looks just like the comic governor to me. I don't think thats a coincedence.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Great episode with lots to talk about and even more satisfying reading everyones thoughts.

One thing, please be careful about referencing future story arc info from the comics and details that are not general info about upcoming episodes without use of spoiler tags. Thank you.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany