8 22.22%
  • I hated Land, it can only get better

1 2.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Land vs. Diary's potential

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Where on my post does it say 'Simon Baker is bad', I said 'god' so I guess you need to take a trek to the opticians dude. :
    First off!

Yes, I do need a trek to the optician...

Second off!

SIMON BAKER IS GOD AND THAT IS FINAL!

Anyway, the point still stands that you can't in anyway prove that 2001 is a good film or that Blair Witch Project is. Because all it boils down to is opinions. And even the most educated filmhistorian and professor could right out hate 2001 for it's pretentious visuals or pace.

I myself find 2001 to be a dreadful film.

Martin, LA (the sticks). I'm writing a zombie script to be filmed in this area with cheap DVs!
    United States
    WTF? Simon Baker is god? Did that happen while I was in the pisser???
    I Corinthians 1:18-31 18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; 28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: 29That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    And even the most educated filmhistorian and professor could right out hate 2001 for it's pretentious visuals or pace.
    Most filmhistorians and professor's I've seen interviewed on the subject love 2001 with a passion. I can understand why some people might be bored by it (generally down to lack of understanding or impatience) but again, it doesn't mean it's crap either. Just look at the film for chrissakes, it was made in 1968 and some of the FX look better than the new Star Wars movies!

Super Moderator

UK
    Also, the fact that mankind hadn't been to the moon yet, but they accurately depicted the Earth from space (albeit the blue colour was a little off, but still). It's a measured and slow-paced film, it's considered and precise, it's haunting and it exists in a higher plane of thought than your average "dudes in space" movie.

I've only seen it once thus far, but it was rather spiffing.

Undisclosed
    SIMON BAKER is BEYOND this thread. He transcends.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

capncnut
    I'll say this again, are you for real dude or are you practising stand-up?

Undisclosed
    I'll say this again, are you for real dude or are you practising stand-up?

You're crazy. Don't tell that to my girlfriend...

Every man needs a Jesus. Mine is RILEY.
    RILEY DENBO SUPERSTAR.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    Every man needs a Jesus. Mine is RILEY.
    RILEY DENBO SUPERSTAR.
    Huh?
    You're entitled to your tastes but I think you're in aminority of one.
    But hey, People think GG Allin is a superstar too
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    People think GG Allin is a superstar too
    GG Allin... Simon Baker... anyone else here seeing the pink panties similarity?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Most filmhistorians and professor's I've seen interviewed on the subject love 2001 with a passion. I can understand why some people might be bored by it (generally down to lack of understanding or impatience) but again, it doesn't mean it's crap either. Just look at the film for chrissakes, it was made in 1968 and some of the FX look better than the new Star Wars movies!
    It doesn't matter if "most" filmhistorians love it. It still boils down to personal taste and nothing else. Not all the filmeducation in the world can make you love a film if you hate it or find it boring.

Just because someone understands a film doesn't make it good. Nor does patience. Because some people simply LIKE some films and others do not. No single film has a secret code or knowledge you have to understand and then suddenly everyone loves it. If it was like that, making succesfull movies would be alot easier.

As for Simon Baker, I will now quote the Bible.

"And God said Let there be light, and there was light. And God saw that it was good.
    But there was things missing, oh yes things of great importance,
    And God crafted the first of his almighty sons and his name was Jesus,
    And God crafted the second of his almighty sons and his name was Simon Baker,
    And it was Simon Baker who looked upon the world and said:
    'Let me star in Land of the Dead' and he starred in Land of the Dead,
    And thus God was pleased."
    Last edited by EvilNed; 27-Nov-2006 at 09:50 PM.

Undisclosed

"And God said Let there be light, and there was light. And God saw that it was good.
    Priceless... I will laugh for the next 34 days now!

capncnut
    I think you and this Alive Man both drink in the 'same bar' so to speak.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Also, the fact that mankind hadn't been to the moon yet, but they accurately depicted the Earth from space (albeit the blue colour was a little off, but still). It's a measured and slow-paced film, it's considered and precise, it's haunting and it exists in a higher plane of thought than your average "dudes in space" movie.

I've only seen it once thus far, but it was rather spiffing.
    Minion. You should see it again. Its one of those movies that you see something new and enlightening every time you watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    SIMON BAKER is BEYOND this thread. He transcends.

I am just curious. Why to you feel he is such a fantastic actor. All the movies I have seen him in he is mediocre at best. He was kinda good in Red Planet.
    Last edited by HLS; 27-Nov-2006 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I am just curious. Why to you feel he is such a fantastic actor. All the movies I have seen him in he is mediocre at best. He was kinda good in Red Planet.
    Blasphemy! Heretic!

Undisclosed
    blasphemy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!