Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost (**season finale spoilers inside**)

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    No, it was an extended dream sequence of Bob Newhart's.

Or the vision of a little autistic boy.
    I've tried to explain to people who never saw the ending to St. Elsewhere how whacked it truly was and people always just end up staring at me in complete incomprehension.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    Which would place it polar opposite with one of the most underated TV shows, this little SF series with a definite 5 yr story arc. The name of the place was Babylon 5.
    JMS (J Michael Strazynski )called B-5 his novel for TV, with each season a chapter, constructing an intricate and ultimately satisfying saga of the founding of a new Galactic Alliance. Took a couple seasons to really hit its stride, but when it did - wow.
    The finale was one of the best ever on TV.
    Oh, and B-5 was really the first show to have extensive internet contact between the producers, some of the stars, and the fan-base.
    My B5 "Complete Universe" DVD Box Set agrees with you.

Legends...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    My B5 "Complete Universe" DVD Box Set agrees with you.

Legends...
    Always glad to hear from a fellow Fiver.

B5 was the only series I'd successfully taped during it's entire run, despite the schedule changes, frequent preemptions for sports, and the jumps from WB(formerly PTEN ) to UPN and the 5th season on TNT(which rocked because they showed back to back old episodes every night to catch new viewers up. )
    I finally got the last season on DVD a few years back.

During its run, I was a heavy fan participant on largely AOL forums.
    I didn't realize just how involved JMS and John Copeland were with these groups until several comments I'd made showed up in magazine interviews(uncredited, of course. Thanks guys. ), including the term 'Stealth Show. ' (meaning a show which flew below the radar of most Entertainment Media, (except for TV Guide. Matt Roush was a huge 5 fan )

Was very happy with the finale, less so with Crusade, especially since it was understood B5 wasn't Trek. I collected the series guides, but only read a few B5 novels ('To Dream in The City of Sorrows. ' and the PsiCorp series. )

And with Lost, who showed up in the cast? Mira Furlan( Delenn) as a gun totting crazy French woman. It meant Life did go on for the actors after Babylon 5 ended.

Man, that was a good show.

Wayne Z

"No Boom today. Boom Tomorrow. There's always a Boom. "
    "Hey! Someone has to have some damn perspective around here. "
    "One day ... Boom. "
    Claudia Christian as Lt Commander Susan Ivanova (the definitive Anti-Chekov Russian(Walter Koenig, who was also Anti Chekov in his wicked cool role as amoral Psi Cop, Alfred Bester )

Ok, I'm done.
    Last edited by wayzim; 28-May-2010 at 01:19 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Cop a ganders at some new Ben footage from the mini episode "the new man in charge" off the season 6 box set.

Honestly, if they continued lost in the same universe with ben and hurley in a new storyline with a new cast i would watch that. No more kate whining, jack crying or swayer....sawying.
    It'd give em a chance to tie up things like walt, like i said when it finished the islands basically a clean slate now but theres still things they could do, was walt going to be hurleys replacement? someone had to be.
    I just think theres a bit of life left in the islands story even though Jack's story is over y'know?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Just watched this via a dodgy spanish website and goddam those crafty motherfuckers. That was a Prologue, not an epilogue...

So Ben plays the guys who have been packing all the dharma food for 30 years a hydra dvd that explains the bears, the pregnancy, room 23, the hurley bird and a few other things.
    Then he picks up Walt from the same mental hospital Hurley was from in the blue vw wagon saying he needs him to help his father, that he is special.
    He gets in the van and hurley is in the back seat in jacob attire, but black, not white and he tells walt that he needs to come back to the island, that he was always meant to be there.
    It ends with walt agreeing to hurleys 'we got a job for you to do' and it ends with hurley saying "lets go home, weve got work to do"

IF THERE IS NOT A SPIN OFF ABOUT HURLEY SETTING THINGS RIGHT AND TEACHING WALT TO TAKE HIS PLACE I WILL EAT MY TIRLBY HAT.
    Last edited by Danny; 06-Aug-2010 at 09:21 PM.