Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Road of the Dead - Third film in the new Romero trilogy?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I suspect it's either a joke, or a joking exaggeration of some small element in the script, like if Savini came toward in 1984 and announced that Day of the Dead was about zombies learning to shave.

I hope.
    Leave it to Kraken to be the reasonable one. Good to see you, btw!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    [QUOTE=AcesandEights;288779] Good to see you, btw![/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I'm still around, just extra lurky recently thanks to uni assignments, a two hour commute (each way) to work, and a house move. But I've got my eye on all of you, still.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    As long as the man keeps making movies, I will watch them. It's not about loyalty, per se: I actually enjoyed the last three films, just not in the same way I enjoy the Trilogy. The Trilogy I enjoy as classics, Land-to-Survival I enjoy in the same way I enjoy cheesy B-movies like Trancers and The Deadly Spawn. As long as he keeps making movies, though, there is a chance, however slim, he will strike gold again. Or at least silver. But if he doesn't, no loss; there's always room for trash cinema on my shelves. If he was to retire, that slim chance of success would drop to zero. That's the way I see it, anyway.
    That's exactly how I see it too. Very well put sir.
    These past few Of the Dead films may have been hit and (a lot of) miss, there's still only one GAR. One can only hope he'll continue to direct ...
    Last edited by krisvds; 10-Sep-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Nah, all my henchmen wear unitards, I thought you knew this from your last visit to the Acesbunker.

Be careful Aces, they're up to something...

Super Moderator

UK
    Yup, Kraken hits the nail on the head.

I still rather dig Land, even though there's numerous things that I see in it and think "yeah, I'd have written that differently" or whatever, but it's still a good flick. Diary is the one I'm least enamoured with - it's got good bits in it, but there's also a lot of things about it that I'm not keen on at all either. Survival though, I really enjoyed ... yeah it's daft in places (death by fire extinguisher), and a bit blunt here and there, but generally I really dig the movie.

Do they match Night/Dawn/Day? No, Sir, but I've seen many movies far worse than them.

Administrator

England
    ^ Enough of all this reasonableness! It simply will not do!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^ Enough of all this reasonableness! It simply will not do!
    Ha! It's probably all part of a big conspiracy by the CIA to lull us into sleep/submission.

/thread

UK
    in which zombies have learned how to drive.
    Well, with all these running zombies kicking about these days that's one way for the humble shambler to keep up. And at least we can all sleep easy in the knowlege that once they've parked up they're still going to have to shamble after you - and they may just mow down a few of those scumbag runners along the way too! It all makes perfect sense... Romero's shamblers are taking back the apocalypse!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Well, with all these running zombies kicking about these days that's one way for the humble shambler to keep up. And at least we can all sleep easy in the knowlege that once they've parked up they're still going to have to shamble after you - and they may just mow down a few of those scumbag runners along the way too! It all makes perfect sense... Romero's shamblers are taking back the apocalypse!
    Shambler drivers running over runners a la Death Race? I LOVE it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think this sounds like a brilliant idea.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Shambler drivers running over runners a la Death Race? I LOVE it!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I think this sounds like a brilliant idea.
    "Mr. Snyder? Your cue sir..."

Undisclosed
    Undead with coloured eye lenses - 10 points
    Dinosaur roar zombies - 20 points
    Runners - 30 points
    T-dog (TWD) - 40 points
    Zack Snyder - 50 points

a coloured eye lenses sporting, roaring like a dinosaur, running zombified T-dog or Zack Snyder : 100 points

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    hey, aren't i the very picture of reasonable? i shall pause while you all collapse in laughter over that one. has everyone stopped hyperventilating?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    We let Romero get away with a zombie that can ride horseback. We let him show a zombie using a machine gun and a jackhammer. We let him have a zombie use a gas pump to set a car on fire. Don't fool yourselves into thinking there is a line we won't forgive him for crossing.

If Romero advertised that the next Dead movie would feature a group of survivors seeking to pilot the space shuttle to Mars as a commentary on escapism and humanity's abuse of the planet, only to discover a group of zombies already experimenting with learning to fly the shuttle, culminating in a "desperate man vs. zombie space race" ... I'd pay to see it.

I believe that Land looks better held up against Diary and Survival. The stupidity of holding Fiddler's Green hostage for money seems downright reasonable compared to the stable of zombie kin in Survival or Jason filming people die rather than putting down the camera in Diary.

I believe that Romero should stick to zombie movies. I don't care if he could do other movies well. There are other directors to do other movies. Only Romero can do "... of the Dead" movies.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    I'd like to see the classic Romero zombies in a Wacky Races-style film. Let's have the cemetery zombie, Hare Krishna, Bub, Big Daddy, etc, all competing against each other in go karts at various locations like Monroeville Mall and the Wampum Mine.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/